PDA

View Full Version : My secret is out.

SerhanYosh
06-15-2016, 10:30 AM
WARNING! Long post incoming :excl::excl:

If you're thinking this is going to be a mystery sort of secret, it's not. It's what been going on around me the last few months.

I've had depression. Why? Like most younger people that suffer from depression, some conflict has been happening with their respective families. In my case, my parents have 'splitted up', no, they're just living apart from each other. I'm living with my mum in Sydney, while my dad is in another state in Australia. I love my dad, he's my best friend out of everyone I know. He's more than just a dad, you can imagine what I mean. But obviously some struggles have been happening for a number of years, almost since I was born. I do not want to go in too much detail, but it's really getting to me.

It pains me to say it, but my mother is getting annoying. Shouting about things that only parents are supposed to handle and many more. My father and I have been in contact a lot through Facebook, but it isn't enough. You know what I mean? I dearly miss him, everyday I think of him and things getting normal. But the reality is, it's probably not. My mum has been like this for a number of years, I get constantly stressed.

I started playing Growtopia as it took me away from my real life problems. Yes, it sure did help in a way, I got in touch with more friends. I seem to get along really well with people in real life and in game. I didnt talk to real life friends as much as I did with my friends in Growtopia. I was 'skipping' school because you can imagine, with all these problems I couldn't handle it with more work. Growtopia was my way out, I didn't know what alternatives I had.

My school deputy principal found out that I wasn't attending school as much (around 55% of the days) and I told her what was happening. I was forced to go to school every day, otherwise I'd be dropped out of selective classes and be transferred into another school. I realised it did help, but whenever family was mentioned, I'd be really sad and sometimes I'd try to hold back tears.

I'd only attend sport days and club football games and training sessions as it made be happy and forget about all the surrounding problems I had.

Although my Growtopian friends didn't know a lot about what was happening with me, I'd like to thank them hanging around with me and making me happy. Meranda was a great help handling this situation and a great friend, A LOT of other friends have played with me too and I really appreciate that. Growtopia was a game that I could let out my true side and not be stressed everyday, I hope people like how I treated them and my personality.

I'm going to stay on Growtopia, but not going to play as often as I did before.

Why I want to share it with people I don't know too well? I don't know to be honest, just looking for comments on how to handle this situation and if you've gone through this expirence. Yes, I have talked to helpline and all these organisations.

If you'd like to leave a comment, leave a reply here, pm me on forums or any way you can reach out to me. I'd be more than happy to talk with you.

My life is much better now, and I have moved on. Although, I really, really still miss my father.

Thanks for reading all this, I really appreciate it guys. I'm sorry if I wasted your time if you were bored etc.

Regards, Serhan. :wave:

GrowHits
06-15-2016, 11:25 AM
Dammit I thought you were a secret agent

Polar
06-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Why don't you move in with your father? Was there something I missed? 'cause if you miss your father and can't really get along with your mother, that's the best option I can think of. Anyways I'm glad to hear that you got over it :)

I've used Growtopia as a getaway also, last year was a full hell to me, my brother was in hospital for an eating disorder and I was doing bad at school. I was really depressed. My parents would shout at me everyday, but for a reason, I was really stubborn and wouldn't listen to them. I played Growtopia all day everyday, not even joking. Whenever I got out of school I would just go home and play GT the rest of the day, I never went outside. I actually even played GT at school...
It was an addiction I didn't want to get rid of.
Also what stressed me out was my grandma, she's been abusive towards me for as long as I can remember (Forcing to work, forcing to eat tabasco, violence, etc) but I handled it myself. Now my grandmother has been fairly nice to me :)

I know this thread was supposed to be about your problems, but I just felt like throwing it out there.

Growtopia truly is an amazing game, huh? Cures a lot of depression

Thank you, Seth and Hamumu, for creating a game like this.

Metalwire
06-15-2016, 12:01 PM
You shouldn't stop yourself from meeting him once more, He is a person and your father, and you have all the right in the world to stay in touch with him and meet him face to face, but you have to talk to your mother in a calm manner, Letting out any tension will only cause further problems, I know your mother wants to keep you safe,but as an individual who has their own emotion, and their own desires you must face against your mom and speak up for yourself whether it takes persuasion you have to do it yourself, No one is perfect, relationships are difficult to handle but only the love that last forever won't break them apart, When I was a child my father left me, and I never got the chance to see him.

when My mom had my little brother, his father wasn't there for him as well, so i had to step up and be the role model, We all have to take chances. They may be harsh at first but I can assure you that being something is better then being a Sitting duck.

Don't feel that you're alone because you have many friends who care about you and have suffered a predicament that is more or less the same as yours,but having those friends is what keeps your going, and I appreciate that. So don't forget what you've brought to the community, and don't forget that any type of problem has a solution, and that solution will be found within your heart.

BraveWH
06-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Why don't you move in with your father? Was there something I missed? 'cause if you miss your father and can't really get along with your mother, that's the best option I can think of. Anyways I'm glad to hear that you got over it :)

I've used Growtopia as a getaway also, last year was a full hell to me, my brother was in hospital for an eating disorder and I was doing bad at school. I was really depressed. My parents would shout at me everyday, but for a reason, I was really stubborn and wouldn't listen to them. I played Growtopia all day everyday, not even joking. Whenever I got out of school I would just go home and play GT the rest of the day, I never went outside. I actually even played GT at school...
It was an addiction I didn't want to get rid of.
Also what stressed me out was my grandma, she's been abusive towards me for as long as I can remember (Forcing to work, forcing to eat tabasco, violence, etc) but I handled it myself. Now my grandmother has been fairly nice to me :)

I know this thread was supposed to be about your problems, but I just felt like throwing it out there.

Growtopia truly is an amazing game, huh? Cures a lot of depression

Thank you, Seth and Hamumu, for creating a game like this.

Agreed. My Dad is always hitting me, and my mom likes to shout. My sister is like my mom. Playing GT, makes me feel like I am more than my real life self, that I can be better than others. its kind of a confidence booster thing. My grades currently have been dropping, and I'm getting punished even more, but I just cant...stop. Its scary but even though I should stop, I just dont want to.

Growtopia is a gateway, but can screw up ur life ;-;

Reverse Polarity
06-15-2016, 04:01 PM
Dammit I thought you were a secret agent

Best Quote 2016

holaloh
06-15-2016, 11:44 PM
I wish the best for you :)

From a koopa to yoshi