PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Java?

NOBEL21
06-16-2016, 11:05 AM
If so post down below, I just wonder if there are any people here at this forum that knows java.

ImNotAmerican
06-16-2016, 11:31 AM
All I know is that its some kind of programming language.

MyLegGuy
06-16-2016, 02:22 PM
How much of a language do you have to know to "know" the language? I think it's pretty unrealistic for somebody to memorize everything.

Meme. Android is essentially Java.
Yeah, makes perfect sense. Despite Android being an operating system and Java not.

Elusive
06-16-2016, 04:44 PM
I think it's pretty unrealistic for somebody to memorize everything.

The normal human brain is able to memorize almost anything as long as you put the right effort into it. Unless your brain really isn't normal.

|ThyLuigi|
06-16-2016, 05:27 PM
Meme. Android is essentially Java.
No, it isn't. Java is a programming language, Android is an operating system. Just like C# isn't Windows and C isn't Linux.

michaelhans10
06-17-2016, 12:49 AM
java is an island am i right?

raqk
06-17-2016, 01:11 AM

Java is actually a breed of chicken.

MyLegGuy
06-17-2016, 01:24 AM
The normal human brain is able to memorize almost anything as long as you put the right effort into it. Unless your brain really isn't normal.

I was under the impression that Java is a really big programming language with lots to memorize, but I don't actually know. Maybe it isn't as hard as I think to memorize everything. I have no idea.

I'm just a guy who makes stupid games for fun.

If it is really big, I could make the comparison to memorizing the first few thousand digits of pi. Very hard, but possible. But again, I don't know how big it is. I probably shouldn't have said that without doing any research.

In case you're not joking, that's not the Java we're talking about. This (https://www.java.com/en/) is.

michaelhans10
06-17-2016, 01:49 AM
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Java,+Indonesia/@-7.6145292,110.7122465,6z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x2e7aa07ed2323237:0x86fe1c59d6abe d60?hl=en-au

peck
06-17-2016, 04:55 AM
I used to use it about 4 years ago making server plugins for minecrap and I was forced to use it more in a CS class, not fluent anymore.

How much of a language do you have to know to "know" the language? I think it's pretty unrealistic for somebody to memorize everything.

I think "know" would be memorizing the entire api documentation which is kinda silly. I think its better judged as "fluent". Where something like "standard fluent" would be everything up until recursion in a CS class.

- - - Updated - - -

and frequent reuse of that anything if you want to pull it out of your brain at will. It is very normal for a brain to not be able to recall things that have not been used in long periods of time. Thats why it's unexpected for one to try to memorize every function and what it does under every utility under a language.