PDA

View Full Version : What Happened?

Concept
09-17-2018, 02:02 AM
Well this is a lot to take in...

It's been over 3 years since I've even thought about this game, and tonight I had the urge to look back into the game my entire childhood revolved around. The first thing I noticed as I was casually scrolling through the new forums was that Hamumu was banned. Next thing I see is that Ubisoft has aquired Growtopia. After looking though both Seth and Hamumu's twitters and forum accounts, I came to the conclusion that neither of them were a part of the game anymore. I also noticed a bunch of complaints about security breaches and buggy updates recently. I was wondering if someone could give me some info on what has happened to the game in the past 3 years.

Also it's pretty crazy to come back to this forum and be able to recognize some people I had spoken to before I quit, although I'd doubt anyone would remember me.

BlackIce
09-18-2018, 10:05 AM
Ye I know. I love to wander around here.

The thing is that there are few people on this forum.

TheArctic
09-21-2018, 02:22 PM
It's around 1 post a week sadly. Wish it was more active with the oldies tbh. That'd be cool

Concept
10-02-2018, 11:02 PM
It's around 1 post a week sadly. Wish it was more active with the oldies tbh. That'd be cool

Yeah, I saw a couple of people I recognized on a few other threads and I got really excited.
The only reason I came back to look at this forum is that GT was honestly my entire existence for like 2 years.
Also, the Discord is completely dead...;(

Dozzy69
10-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Hamumu banned? When was this..

Bob Will
10-06-2018, 07:00 AM
Hamumu banned? When was this..

I think hamumu's website was breached and they gained access too all of the Moderators/ Developers Passwords

Raqk
10-06-2018, 11:54 AM
I think hamumu's website was breached and they gained access too all of the Moderators/ Developers Passwords

The Hamumu website shenanigans happened long before he was banned on the Growtopia forums.

Bob Will
10-07-2018, 06:07 AM
The Hamumu website shenanigans happened long before he was banned on the Growtopia forums.

Wow I found an old forum post why was BenXxxxXZero banned?

Concept
10-15-2018, 05:57 PM

Why was he banned anyways?

Raqk
10-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Why was he banned anyways?

According to Nekorei:

1. The original Hamumu account was banned to protect his forum account from hackers since there was a forum breach quite recently and he's not active in the forum anymore. If his account gets hacked it will create a lot of ruckus and drama. It was just for precautionary reasons nothing special.
2. The fake Hamumu account was banned... well for obvious reason, he was impersonating Hamumu and that is not allowed here.

I assume they are talking about this incident: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/showthread.php?502949-Forum-Security-Incident

Dabbydab
10-16-2018, 12:55 AM
According to Nekorei:

I assume they are talking about this incident: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/showthread.php?502949-Forum-Security-Incident

I just called chief.

He said that this was it. ^^

mamexgt
10-20-2018, 10:25 PM

- - - Updated - - -

<b>hello bold world!</b>

- - - Updated - - -

<b>hello bold world!</b>