View Full Version : RT3DApp_VC2010.sln failing to compile

01-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Several issues from a clean checkout:

1. Due to missing filters, user properties or something (new stuff in VC10 I don't know... and hate), all source gets imported into the project root... ALL of it. The usual hierarchy of folders/filters (which also irk me, thanks Microsoft) do not get shown.

2. It seems the project is compiling in Android source. I'm getting all kinds of compile errors (GL Debug).

I'm trying to see if your latest RT3DApp runs a terrain scene as slowly as mine does. I'm currently getting only 7FPS! Yuck! Will work on profiling soon if the problem is not on my end.
[EDIT] Looks like I have some work to do. Terrain example runs around 27fps in your code. Only difference I can see is that I'm using the same assets in a .irr file/scene. Perhaps my scene setup code is bad.

01-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Attached is a project I upgraded by hand and created filters for. Can't say it works for the current source yet, but hopefully it helps. I think if you include the .filters file in SVN, it will make our lives much easier :)

01-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Argh, sorry about that! (hopefully) Fixed on svn. :sweatdrop:

I had this plan to switch to MSVC10 but couldn't get comfortable due to some missing features (true MDI support :poop:) and bugs. I went back to MSVC2005 and am waiting for service pack 1 with my fingers crossed.

01-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with VC 2010 in general. Slow as a dog and the filters thing makes absolutely no sense. Booo Microsoft!

01-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Going to try to edit the project and take this out, but fyi, it is still failing:

1>------ Build started: Project: RT3DApp, Configuration: Debug GL Win32 ------
1>Error: The imported project "D:\bryan\development\SDK\proton\SethDefault.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. D:\bryan\development\SDK\proton\RT3DApp\windows\RT 3DApp_VC2010.vcxproj
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

01-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Added a patch (removed Seth's .props files) for the project file

01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Debug output directories are not in line with linker. Fixed in this patch (for "Debug GL" only).

01-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks - applied, will commit to svn a bit later though as I've made some other changes I need to double check before throwing them up.

The SethDefault.props are just some system paths (boost, windows sdk packs, etc) that I need to add to every project, I guess I just need a way to figure out how to make that part of my whole environment instead of part of the specific solution/projects.

Well, since I'm not using MSVC2010 it's not a big deal for now I guess.