PDA

View Full Version : My grades!! They are going down ):

Young Xiong
10-31-2013, 05:14 AM
I got sent to the office because my grades were going down, they asked me what happened and I said growtopia happened. They played the game they actually got on my phone and played Growtopia to see wat this was all about.. They placed blocks all over my world and broke every where and they said this is minecraft. -.- now my dad took my phone and I cry in corner waiting to die :'(

Angrox
10-31-2013, 05:16 AM
Do not blame games for you not to study.
You should get yourself together and study some more and play when you have more free time.
I had problems with bad grades too , i thought it's growtopia , but i can't blame a game for this.

:) Good luck!

Cryptelo
10-31-2013, 05:17 AM
I got sent to the office because my grades were going down, they asked me what happened and I said growtopia happened. They played the game they actually got on my phone and played Growtopia to see wat this was all about.. They placed blocks all over my world and broke every where and they said this is minecraft. -.- now my dad took my phone and I cry in corner waiting to due :'(

You are very unlucky. Im sorry for you.
Try to work more than playing growtopia ;)

Reballoo
10-31-2013, 05:21 AM
You should get yourself together and study some more and play when you have more free time.
I had problems with bad grades too , i thought it's growtopia , but i can't blame a game for this.

While studying may help you, it may not help some of us. I never ever study yet my parents ban me from my ipad if i get a b. and yet i play gt everyday. And sometimes the games are the problem. If you get addicted and do not do any homework than your grades will be affected. We all learn differently.

Mr Meh Meh
10-31-2013, 05:24 AM
I honestly finish my homework BEFORE I play GT. It's what I do on a daily basis ever since I started playing Growtopia.

The #1 Rule when playing Growtopia: ALWAYS finish what you have from school (If you go to school):)

Angrox
10-31-2013, 05:25 AM
While studying may help you, it may not help some of us. I never ever study yet my parents ban me from my ipad if i get a b. and yet i play gt everyday. And sometimes the games are the problem. If you get addicted and do not do any homework than your grades will be affected. We all learn differently.

Indeed , but you have to take studying more seriously.
But "b" is a really good grade , i usually get B,D's and some A's as in my country A-5 , B-4 , D-3 , F-2. :)

I know it may be hard , but you still have to try :)

Young Xiong
10-31-2013, 05:29 AM
But "b" is a really good grade , i usually get B,D's and some A's as in my country A-5 , B-4 , D-3 , F-2. :)

B is for Bad :o

Zeron
10-31-2013, 05:37 AM

Yup...I agree. And also, nice pic angrox!:cool:

IAmABrodie
10-31-2013, 05:42 AM
Angox isn't too far off.
It is us and only us who allow addictions to be brought into our lives. It's you're choice to skip homework and get on you're iPad instead, you can choose not to play for 1-2 hours and focus on your academics instead.
Remember, Growtopia is just a game whilst school is your future. I think you know which is more important.

Jackums
10-31-2013, 05:45 AM
B is for Bad :o

Under no circumstances is 'B' bad.

A - High achieving.
B - Above average.
C - Satisfactory.
D - Below average.
E - Incompleted.

Although grades differ from area to area, a B isn't bad.

And studies should always come before growtopia. Do not get consumed by games.

As for the school taking your phone, surely there are rules at your school against touching other peoples private property.

And do NOT say you're going to die. Suicide is a real issue and if you honestly think you're going to commit any suicidal actions, please message me or someone that can help you.

Young Xiong
10-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Aww thanks guys!! A lot, for worrying about my grades. Yo u guys inspire me to work harder in school now. I feel motivated :yeah:

Solorien
10-31-2013, 05:52 AM
Ah-HEM.

I am a teacher and I do NOT like hearing that there are grades dropping all over the place. Fix this please, ladies and gentlemen. I don't want to have to take drastic measures! You all know that Solorien's idea of drastic measures is S-C-A-R-Y! I want to start hearing about grades getting better!

Young Xiong
10-31-2013, 05:54 AM
Ah-HEM.

I am a teacher and I do NOT like hearing that there are grades dropping all over the place. Fix this please, ladies and gentlemen. I don't want to have to take drastic measures! You all know that Solorien's idea of drastic measures is S-C-A-R-Y! I want to start hearing about grades getting better!

Ooh? Wat do u teach?? I WANT TO BE IN UR CLASS !! I will ace that class a million times over

Jackums
10-31-2013, 05:56 AM
Ah-HEM.

All right, how's this:

I'm doing a course in Social Studies and helping growtopians in helping me in practical and realistic measures, therefore increasing my ability to do well? :hat:

cheelz
10-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Speaking of grades, the 'schools' in GT are total chaos, the principal and teachers have NO certified qualifications, and are they even teaching the necessary syllabus taught in school? XD Best schools ever.

CarloRay
10-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Ah-HEM.

I hope you won't hate me but... I unimproved my Mathematics exam by 10.5 marks (Band 2.. in Singapore) But my English improved!:D

~CarloRay

TRNX21
10-31-2013, 09:12 AM
I got sent to the office because my grades were going down, they asked me what happened and I said growtopia happened. They played the game they actually got on my phone and played Growtopia to see wat this was all about.. They placed blocks all over my world and broke every where and they said this is minecraft. -.- now my dad took my phone and I cry in corner waiting to die :'(

You should blame yourself for not being able to organize your priorities...

DrDrake
10-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Wow I feel so sorry for you, but thats what happens..........

Study first, Play later

BenBarrage
10-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Yes, you could be addicted to Growtopia, Facebook, another game, whatever it may be, but in the end it's your fault because it's you who manages your own time and no one is making you play Growtopia.

P.S. I am also a teacher in real life ;D and I also play with my students. Actually, it was one of my students who introduced me to Growtopia, but now I'm way richer than he is. LOL

Chellea
10-31-2013, 11:49 AM
you know, instead of thinking "Growtopia is distracting me to study well :(", you should think that "I'll play Growtopia after I study :D" and you should put your computer/ device away when you're supposed to study or do homework.
and i hope you get back your device soon! :wave:

Reballoo
10-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Under no circumstances is 'B' bad.

A - High achieving.
B - Above average.
C - Satisfactory.
D - Below average.
E - Incompleted.

Although grades differ from area to area, a B isn't bad.

And studies should always come before growtopia. Do not get consumed by games.

As for the school taking your phone, surely there are rules at your school against touching other peoples private property.

And do NOT say you're going to die. Suicide is a real issue and if you honestly think you're going to commit any suicidal actions, please message me or someone that can help you.

For me,
A- satisfactory
B- bellow average, get those grades up
C- punishment.
D- you do not get to do anything till you complete all missing work.
F- don't bother coming home we will not let you in.( thats what they say they will do but i never get bellow B so i don't know. They probably mean they will be furious)

- - - Updated - - -

Studying doesn't help me. I learn at my own pace. The teacher teaches, and I listen. I study when i feel i am super unprepared for a test. Studying does not help me. It makes me confused. Super confused. My civics teacher told us we were having a test on all the states.(i guess he assumed we all knew most of the states, but not me because i had moved from Canada) i went home and studied with my parents, but the next day, all the studying made me confuse all the states.

Magicalfishy
10-31-2013, 09:55 PM
Angox isn't too far off.
It is us and only us who allow addictions to be brought into our lives. It's you're choice to skip homework and get on you're iPad instead, you can choose not to play for 1-2 hours and focus on your academics instead.
Remember, Growtopia is just a game whilst school is your future. I think you know which is more important.

Well Duh! Growtopia :panic:

DeathAngelz
10-31-2013, 10:07 PM
Its your own responsibility to keep your grades up
Do not blame it on a game unless you have free time

optimuswhat
10-31-2013, 11:47 PM
Them placing and breaking the blocks was pretty mean, if you ask me.
Next time, it's not your best idea to let someone else play on your account in an online game. Bad stuff happens.

Do study on your schoolwork though. It's more important. Crying over losing your phone isn't good either. Your dad did do the right thing by taking it away (but the school ruining your stuff isn't!), so you should focus in your studies more.

Life isn't always about Growtopia, you know.
There's many activities to do other than Growtopia. I'm personally getting into StopMotion using Photoshop, After Effects, and I'm still deciding the video making program itself. My dad personally complains about me playing games a lot, but that was because my family lived in a basement (There's basement houses in Calgary) and what could I do? It was too small to do anything big.

But that basement thing doesn't matter anymore, I live in a house now. What does matter, right now, is your studies! You wouldn't want to disappoint your Growtopian friends, right?!

And don't die over it! You could be the next big guy! A famous movie director, the inventor of something, or something that's just so fun! You could work on Growtopia (or make an even better game!) by studying, so you can get into College/University.

You could also learn game making and programming right now. Instead of just playing a game, you would be playing a game by YOU! That would make your family very happy, and maybe they'd give your phone back. But you should probably work on your game first before have a little break.

That's all I've got to say. Might had gone a bit off topic there and here, but I hope this post changed your mind!

Oh no why you banned :(