07-07-2011, 10:15 AM
where can i find these files?
ctoenv.exe
beeper.exe
setenv.bat

while compiling for HP WebOS?

Seth
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Oops, I should be using full relative paths there...

For now, you should add shared\win\utils to your command "path", so it will find those .exe's. (or add ..\..\shared\win\utils in front of each place they are called..)

setenv.bat is actually created on the fly by ctoenv.exe, basically scans the source code to pull version #'s and put them into variables batch files can use, sort of a fancy way of doing it.

sundar
07-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the replay.

I kind of avoided using that batch and instead set the ENV variable myself. I should have looked deep enough in the repository. sorry for bothering you.

One more question? i managed to make the webOS package and tried to run it in HP webOS emulator. But application is not launching in the emulator. So i went back and created a package for simpleApp, still the same result. There is icon in application launch area but on clicking it nothing happens.

is it because of WebOS's non support of opengl ES in its release 3.0 and above? is it anyway to use SDL instead of openglES, which webOS seams to support?

or while compiling is there any different option for emulator instead of PRE and PIXI?

thanks once again

Seth
07-07-2011, 10:42 PM
One more question? i managed to make the webOS package and tried to run it in HP webOS emulator. But application is not launching in the emulator. So i went back and created a package for simpleApp, still the same result. There is icon in application launch area but on clicking it nothing happens.

Native PDK apps do not run in the WebOS emulator at all. You will have to install them on a real device.

or while compiling is there any different option for emulator instead of PRE and PIXI?

In the /webos/build.bat file near the top you'll find this:

@rem Set the device you want to build for to 1
@rem Use Pixi to allow running on either device
set PRE=0
set PIXI=1

Pixi being set to 1 means "will run on everything, including pixi", set that to 0 and PRE to 1 if you're ok with not running on pixi but running slightly faster on the other devices. (It will use -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon instead of -mcpu=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp )

WebOS builds currently require the 3.0 SDK, but will run on OS 1.4.5 and up - it will check the device version # before using 2.X/3.X functions internally, such as requesting the Touchpad on-screen keyboard.