PDA

View Full Version : several problems with Proton svn trunk version

erwin
07-09-2011, 03:12 AM
I'm trying to compile and use it under Windows 7, using Visual Studio 2008 (same for 2010) but ran into some issues:

1) when running update_media.bat in any of the bin folders, it fails with the message

ERROR: Can't find O:\proton\RT3DApp\media\interface\font_trajan.txt

I checked and this file is just there:

O:\proton\RT3DApp\media>dir o:\proton\RT3DApp\media\interface\font_trajan.txt
Volume in drive O is TOSHIBA EXT
Volume Serial Number is DC91-F535

Directory of o:\proton\RT3DApp\media\interface

07/08/2011 01:13 PM 1,295 font_trajan.txt
1 File(s) 1,295 bytes
0 Dir(s) 747,907,747,840 bytes free

2) trying to compile RTPack fails, it cannot find zlib.h and #include <clanlib/core.h>
Why is the right clanlib/core.h and zlib file not included just like other dependencies, and relative include path not set properly in the project file?

I tried downloading ClanLib-1.0.0, and compiling configure-vc90.sln, but didn't find any other way to compile ClanLib. I haven't digged in the documentation. I searched for clanlib/core.h but it doesn't exist. There is only API/core.h. Should we rename <clanlib/core.h> into <API/core.h>?

Is there a quick way to compile ClanLib so that clanlib/core.h appears?

Thanks a lot,
Erwin

Seth
07-09-2011, 04:50 AM
1) when running update_media.bat in any of the bin folders, it fails with the message "ERROR: Can't find O:\proton\RT3DApp\media\interface\font_trajan.txt"

I just checked and I get the same error, I somehow broke RTPack.exe as I was fixing it for another recent post.. for now, if you use svn to grab the last rtpack.exe revision (the one before the current one) I suspect that will fix it.

I will fix ASAP, that's horrible, but can't now as the wife is going to attack me if I don't go shopping with her RIGHT NOW... :sweatdrop::nuke::wheelchair:

>>2) trying to compile RTPack fails, it cannot find zlib.h and #include <clanlib/core.h>

You should never have to compile rtpack.exe yourself, I only include the source for those who want to mess with it, not really as part of Proton. Clanlib 1.X is pretty big, we probably don't want that in our svn.

It CAN be made to compile but yeah, sorry, it's not a smooth ride.

Seth
07-09-2011, 08:06 AM
RTPack.exe source and binary fixed in svn. :ninja:

erwin
07-09-2011, 02:44 PM
RTPack.exe source and binary fixed in svn. :ninja:

Domo arigatou gozaimasu :cool: