PDA

View Full Version : Mammoths Are Returning [Real]

Phorus
11-11-2013, 11:53 AM
So now that scientists have found mammoth DNA they will be creating mammoths again. What do you guys think about that idea?

Boomer
11-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Um, I wonder how they will create them.

10 mammoth DNA, 1 Transmog crystal, and 50 Locks of Hair into an EZ Bake Oven or Science Station?

Magicalfishy
11-11-2013, 03:23 PM
So now that scientists have found mammoth DNA they will be creating mammoths again. What do you guys think about that idea?

It will probably be a horrible result. :sweatdrop:

djninja
11-11-2013, 08:07 PM
From the science they're using (Similar to Dotty the sheep) it'll still be partly a elephant. But the first try will be a failure. But if those scientists choose to continue. It'll eventually create almost 100% Mammoths. But in my opinion. If they were made extinct it was probably for a reason. Such as the dinosaurs. So... I'm not 100% sure on it. (Plus it would be nice to see an animal from the era of dinosaurs which isn't a crocodile)

Phorus
11-12-2013, 03:03 AM
It is actually a good result. All they must do is find the correct elephant and use it as a testing subject. If is does not work they will either go and find more mammoth DNA from bones and carcasses or give up and try something diffrent.

I know this based on the program on discovery channel I may seem to think or either animal planet. I do not think they create them anymore due to the finale of the season about 1-2 months ago. If they have gotten a fantastic result I would say they will create a season shaping the creation of a new born mammoth.

Brennanber
11-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Actually the same is for dinosaurs. Mosquitos sucked their blood and carried it on, but unfortunately there is little dna and it was filtered too much to be 100% accurate dna.

darksnake99
11-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Actually the same is for dinosaurs. Mosquitos sucked their blood and carried it on, but unfortunately there is little dna and it was filtered too much to be 100% accurate dna.

You just made me think of Jurrasic Park when they find dino DNA in the prehistoric flies that sucked the dino blood and were preserved in amber. :0

DeathAngelz
11-13-2013, 02:42 AM
Well there's only one question we should be asking
If everything goes south how many bullets can that thing take:panic::nuke:

Bob Will
11-13-2013, 02:45 AM
They may have found the DNA but it has to be living DNA which from that era even if it was preserved would not be able to live and reproduce.To also include a new environment and climate change they would not be able to survive or have natural predators.Therefore would not be able to make it in any ecosystem

- - - Updated - - -

Well there's only one question we should be asking
If everything goes south how many bullets can that thing take:panic::nuke:
An elephant gun should do the trick

Brennanber
11-13-2013, 04:47 AM
You just made me think of Jurrasic Park when they find dino DNA in the prehistoric flies that sucked the dino blood and were preserved in amber. :0

Ive never watched a jurrasic park movie :3