PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate Deepworld.

optimuswhat
11-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Deepworld is a pretty good game, actually.
Well.
It's designed to look like that. It's a Freemium game, which is extremely similar to Growtopia, but Growtopia did Freemium correctly, by having things that can get us gems extremely fast. Deepworld? Ya gotta pay to get all the features.

I'll mostly compare Deepworld to other games, and this is all opinion based, so your opinions are welcome.

-Community
The community is trash. There's good guys there and here, but they really can't handle different things. A thread said Growtopia looks bad. Both games are designed nicely, but Growtopia is much more appealing for me. Plus the Growtopia community has a good well-known selection of figures. I don't see Growtopia having that.

-Gameplay
Deepworld is mostly an action adventure game-version of Growtopia. Unfortunately, the "adventure" part means you can only access one type of world: the Wasteland. There's other worlds too, like Artic and Hell.
Compare that to Growtopia. All types of worlds are free to see. Restricted in a sense, but you can see everything.

Deepworld has enemies, like those really had to kill brains. Trust me, not even the best gun can kill them easily. You gotta somehow find an exploit to kill them. Not even bombing them works.

Growtopia only has zombies, really. So I'm going to compare it to Terraria.

There are no annoyingly hard to kill enemies in Terraria. They're all simple to beat if you're arsenal and armour is good enough. Bosses are a different story, and it's an easy one to tell.

-Crafting
Growtopia crafting is a bit limited. It focuses on that "Freemium waiting" scheme. Which I personally dislike, but there's other things to do, like socializing. That never gets old.

Deepworld crafting is like Terraria. Got all the materials? Make it! BUT!
But but but but.
There's Premium membership. One time free; 2.99.
Let me tell you, I will never pay for anything stupid like an iAP. Those ruined the AppStore. I mean, Growtopia has a similar issue, but gems are easy to get if you put your mind to it.

Back on topic. Premium means you can access any world type, and get all the "skill levels" needed to craft everything. This is just proving unfair, like most premium memberships. I mean, you can get the best gun, while use newbies get a slime gun? Wow.
Premium members get ALOT of things to craft. It's pretty annoying. I mean, I'd stay with the game if premium was more reasonable, but eh.

That's my opinion. I've been wanting to write this for a while, and not somewhere where I'll get flamed at.

DeBest
11-14-2013, 03:10 AM
I too have heard of the game. I tried it, the graphics were a bit dark. I prefer Growtopia's graphics because I'm accustomed to it. True, Growtopia is aimed for the younger audience whilst Deepworld is made for the older audience. It depends which one you play first, how you play it, and WHO you play it with decides whether you like the game or not.

I'd refrain from derogatory statements because the last thing we need is a flame war with Deepworld.

The game is pretty okay, it isn't terrible. It is somewhat unique and has a lot of things diffrent than Growtopia. It isn't illegal that they got some ideas from us. The thing I like the most is the mobs, although, like you said, they are very hard to defeat. I prefer Growtopia any day though.

Fuzzy Peach
11-14-2013, 03:46 AM
Lets not start a war between them. Everyone has an opinion and we should not take to their level by saying the game sucks, etc

TheDoctor
11-14-2013, 03:51 AM
Was a bit too dark for me, I had to turn my brightness all the way just to see!

But I do like the graphics more than Growtopia. Steam Punk.

Flame_Rex
11-14-2013, 04:04 AM
I like it.. Only because I was lucky enough to get a nice rich guy to buy premium membership for me..
But the problem with the crowns just grinds my gears.
They have a new earn free crowns now, but all of them gives 3-5 crowns.
Unless if it needs payment.
The crowns in deepworld is too unfair..

optimuswhat
11-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Just my opinion.
Just my opinion...

Boomer
11-14-2013, 03:51 PM
I HATE "free" games that are download for free, but in reality you have to start spending at level 2. Gameloft is like that, and I will never support them again.

#RTFTW!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd refrain from derogatory statements because the last thing we need is a flame war with Deepworld.

Ah come on; it'll be fun! Deepworld doesn't have Sabers or Tiny Horsies!

Hercule
11-14-2013, 07:46 PM
I was like a year playing that game and i loved it but With now its just borring Buying stuffs from store that make me rage, i got some good famous friends and devs and mod Too (: But i never get bored from Growtopia (: