PDA

View Full Version : Tanked - Comments, suggestions, news

Seth
08-11-2011, 11:55 PM
A new game I've been working on, Tanked, is sort of being "stealth tested" right now. This is a place people can comment or complain about problems/etc for it! :nuke:

iamdex
08-26-2011, 06:28 PM
I think it will be more fun if it has a team game, a clan or party.
Items as well such as booster or something that can make the tank
a little faster. Lol!
And more maps too.

Keep up the good work sir/admin/seth!

Kirti
09-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Hi! Admin ,Seth.
First of all, your game rocks , it's like best game with everyday updates.
You should add some tanks options,which can be buyed.or make a option in game to fight in teams.
There should be more maps,tanks,powers.
All is players think that our tanks are really slow,you should speed them up!!!
Other things like ranking system and all other is rockin!!
But I hate the thing that I lose carrier points even if I leaved the game before it started fully.
I'm rank 7th in the game andim happy !! :)

Seth
09-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks guys.

About maps: Two new ones (http://www.codedojo.com/?p=1357) coming very soon

I think it will be more fun if it has a team game, a clan or party.

Been thinking about this. But what if you get bad teamates? I can write an algo to try to balance the teams by career points but .. hmm. I guess I should not allow friendly fire (or beagles) to minimize the griefing that is possible.

Two annoying teamates could trap you in a corner though. Oh well, that would be rare I would hope..

Tank controls are tightened up in V1.04 - easier to control, faster to start/stop/rotate. In fact, I'm worried whichever platform gets the update first is going to have a pretty big advantage until the update hits everybody else too. :sweatdrop:

But I hate the thing that I lose carrier points even if I leaved the game before it started fully.

Just fixed that in the latest update, thanks. :nuke::ninja:

Bllbb6435
09-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Please enable bluetooth support so people can play private games against each other via Bluetooth

Seth
09-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Please enable bluetooth support so people can play private games against each other via Bluetooth

The next version (1.04) will add this option (private games with friends) but it will still use the internet server as I don't know anything about bluetooth and I'm afraid it would take too long to add.. :wheelchair:

Kirti
09-06-2011, 10:27 AM
The next version (1.04) will add this option (private games with friends) but it will still use the internet server as I don't know anything about bluetooth and I'm afraid it would take too long to add.. :wheelchair:

When will this new version come is market!!??

And are you going to remove the carrier points system!?

Seth
09-06-2011, 10:43 AM
The new version is a free update and should available in a few days to iOS and Android.. the webOS version a few days after that probably.

And are you going to remove the carrier points system!?

Nope, keeping it.

Kirti
09-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Dear admin,Seth
I am starting to hate this game!!
As whenever I win a game I get like 10 - 20 points !!
But when I lose a game I lose like 100 to 300 points!!
This ain't fair!!

I'm really angry with this stuff!! And I am goin to stop playing!
I'm rank 5 still I am starting to hate it!!:whistling:

Seth
09-07-2011, 10:59 PM
As whenever I win a game I get like 10 - 20 points !!
But when I lose a game I lose like 100 to 300 points!!
This ain't fair!!

Yeah, I hear you. But here's the thing, if a noob can beat a high ranked player, he deserves a good reward, right? Otherwise they can never become high rank themselves! (It probably helped you get to #5)

One way to help may be to only play in the VIP room. Then at least you will be getting more points when you win.

I've been experimenting with "room sorting" to put higher players in the same game automatically.. but I had a bug, it was locking people in the VIP room, whups. Will keep working on it... :sweatdrop:

sonikku13
09-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Sonikku13 here, currently 25th in the world. I've thought of some ideas concerning the rankings.

I've always thought of having an operating system career point rankings. Such as you sum up the top 50 on Android, top 50 on webOS, and the top 50 on iOS to get total OS career point rankings. 50 is an arbitrary number, btw.

I also think showing individual ranks when playing the game would be nice - when you get to the end of the round, it feels good when you beat a high ranked player. This would probably only show individual ranks for the top 25 or the top 200 to limit server load.

Examples...
X killed by (#1) Y
(#22) A killed by (#5) B

Where A, B, X, and Y are players.

It'd also show individual ranks at the completion of a round, making for better screenshot moments.

Kirti
09-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Your new upgrade is rocking!!

Kirti
09-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey you said if we get disconnected or leave before game starts our points will not deduct!!
BUT today I got disconnected between game and when I came back I saw that my 300 points were deducted!!
This is wrong!:mad::mad:

Seth
09-09-2011, 03:26 AM
I've always thought of having an operating system career point rankings.

I've also been thinking about how to stoke the platform wars a bit. Rankings is a good idea, also I have this idea where it calculates wins (or win/loss ratio?) from the last hour to declare a current platform (ios/android,etc) champion.. and the best part would be if it actually gave people of the winning device type benefits somehow.

I also think showing individual ranks when playing the game would be nice - when you get to the end of the round, it feels good when you beat a high ranked player. This would probably only show individual ranks for the top 25 or the top 200 to limit server load.

Good idea..

Hey you said if we get disconnected or leave before game starts our points will not deduct!!
BUT today I got disconnected between game and when I came back I saw that my 300 points were deducted!!
This is wrong!

The penalty is only avoided if you crash before your device finishes loading the level (if you can chat, you're already past that). Hmm.. I will fix it to be a little nicer.

Kirti
09-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Dear seth,I wanted to tell you about a bug in game.
The zombie bug is still in game,it happened with me too,I died but still I could move and fire.
I've seen many players doin that,that's all I wanted to tell you.
I'm here to help you making your game better :o:o

ashish
09-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Dear Seth...i was playing well with my score of 1630..nd when next time i logged in my scores
were just 84...please do something about it...i stopped playing pranks as soon as you buzzed
me for that.Thanks

Kirti
09-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Seth,
Did you reduced his points or is this your game problem??
Very wrong happens with him!:rolleyes:

Seth
09-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Did you reduced his points or is this your game problem??

No I did not reduce any points. Are you sure you didn't /gamble away his points to prank him??? :sweatdrop: I'll check the logs...

Seth
09-10-2011, 12:07 AM
ashish - I know what happened, for some reason the game created a new account for you. Did anything change recently on your android phone? Did you change SIM cards, or put in memory, or an SD card? The ID shouldn't change but it did, this also happened to at least one other person.

I fixed your account... but knowing what made that happen could help me fix it.

albar
09-10-2011, 01:01 AM
hello seth
basically, love your game.
amazed at your genius.
MAIN reason i pick up my touchpad.
it is seriously addictive, but i can see how it can grow, its a new thing.
just saying thanks for actually putting this game there, im sure it can be thankless.
hopefully keep on bro.
i love that original screen music aswell !
but im feeling your work man, its amazing to me

javan
09-10-2011, 04:39 AM
Hey Seth! I just wanted to say thanks for spending your time and providing this game for all us tablet users!

I've definitely enjoyed it so far, you've definitely made it simple to pick up and play.

One random improvement that I thought of in the area of scoring-

How about tracking the win/loss ratio and the kill/death ratio and posting them by people's names on the leaderboard?
Basically, in my opinion, the more random stats that we have, the better.

Oh, and Ash, you confused the heck out of me yesterday! Nice one lol.

-javan PU

ashish
09-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey Seth! I just wanted to say thanks for spending your time and providing this game for all us tablet users!

I've definitely enjoyed it so far, you've definitely made it simple to pick up and play.

One random improvement that I thought of in the area of scoring-

How about tracking the win/loss ratio and the kill/death ratio and posting them by people's names on the leaderboard?

Oh, and Ash, you confused the heck out of me yesterday! Nice one lol.

-javan PU

Hey javan what i did yesterday to you?

Seth
09-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the kind comments! Hmm, maybe I should add a Tanked forum area, would be easier to gives suggestions/comment.

Good idea. Right now I am only tracking wins/losses, I should also track kills/deaths. I'll add this on the next database change!

Maybe I'll change "Wins" in the rankings to "WR" or something (win ratio?) Would be more interesting.

albar
09-10-2011, 08:46 PM
couple of questions
what is the tavern about, just gambling your points yeah? bad but good lol
liking the new maps, egypt is kinda manic
couple of observations, the speed of the tanks seems faster in the new maps, maybe im imagining this.
also, any way of making destroyed tanks disappear quicker? they can be good to hide behind, but also a big pain in the ass when you're in a face off or trying to move
cheers

ltrazor
09-10-2011, 10:21 PM
This is AWESOME game Seth!!! Cudos to your dev prowness.

Dude, you need to capatalize on the number of users that are adding this. Put in a general store and allow users to dress up their tanks and customize them or give users the ability to purchase extra shielding or weapons (like purchase a pack that would automatically start you off with 2 shields each spawn). Its a great game and you deserve to cap on it and with 50K plus users, you have a heck of a base! Love the fact that its avail for ios now. I'm about to get iphone..

Also, how about allowing users the ability to play one id from multiple platforms (like my touchpad and my iphone when I'm away). Probably have to work out a password thing or something to keep ppl in check.

Also, love the latest addition with private rooms. Can't wait to use this with some friends.

And to all you guys I've been playing recently, great games. I have to admit, its been fun playing some of the higher ranked players.. I've won some and lost some but its been fun..

albar
09-10-2011, 11:16 PM
itrazor, im gonna smoke you

ltrazor
09-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Very possibly, but I won't make it easy... I've played top 5 guys and gave them run for their money.. :) I am sooooooo adicted to this game its nuts.. I keep trying to get my wife to take the touchpad and hid it from me... :)

Good luck to all.

albar
09-11-2011, 01:32 AM
yeah, true itrazor.
im glad to have the touchpad just for this game, never was a gamer but this game is a killer, and it has so much more potential.
go in the tavern though and spend a bit of money, it'll ruin ya :sweatdrop: lol.
take care

Seth
09-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

About Tank speed - I didn't increase the top speed in the latest version, but I did increase acceleration/turn abilities a bit so yeah, they do handle better now.

darkchazz
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Awesome work as always Seth! :)

The only thing I would suggest right now, is better lighting for the levels.
I would recommend using gile[s] for lightmap + ambient occlusion rendering, because it's fast, efficient, easy to use, and the results are great.

Here's a pic
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5862/sc20110910232946.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/sc20110910232946.jpg/)

Kirti
09-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Agh I lost my alomost 2000 points in gamble... It's like never winning gamble .. :(

worthog
09-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Why is there a dog in a tank game? Does the beagle represent some IRL weapon? How does a player get more Beagles to use?

iamdex
09-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Well.
As we all know the two new maps where kinda small.
Try to move the turret at the start of the game
and you can instantly shoot your opponents. lol
but the map design was good.

ill wait for more high rollers... rather loosing my points to noobs. Lol
i'll be gone for a while.
good luck to y'all...

Seth
09-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I would recommend using gile[s] for lightmap + ambient occlusion rendering, because it's fast, efficient, easy to use, and the results are great.

Woah, that looks great. I'm using 3dsmax's raytraced shadow map baking, I think it can light levels pretty well but... What method are you using for the colored lighting

Why is there a dog in a tank game? Does the beagle represent some IRL weapon? How does a player get more Beagles to use?

I'm doing this game alone so far, no artist ... so I'm re-using pieces of art I've had done for previous games. The beagle was originally created by my wife for Teenage Lawnmower, the texture is from our real dog, Deko-chan. Which power-ups you start with and pickup are currently completely random. (One guy could get all healths, another all beagles)

As we all know the two new maps where kinda small.
iamdex: Yeah, these new maps would work better for 4 players I think, not eight. Need more big maps...

darkchazz
09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Woah, that looks great. I'm using 3dsmax's raytraced shadow map baking, I think it can light levels pretty well but... What method are you using for the colored lighting

As I said, I'm using a freeware lightmapper called gile[s] (http://www.frecle.net/index.php?show=giles.about).
I use a target directional light(and set the range to infinite) for the sunlight, and for the colored lights I use the omni type, the color is simply set in the properties of the light vv
And ofcourse I use one ambient light with infinite range and this color to avoid very dark black shadows.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9813/giles.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/giles.jpg/)

Kirti
09-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I observed that the speed ofmy tank is less than it was a week before .... Increase the speed ... Without speed it's not good...:excl:

Seth
09-16-2011, 09:11 PM
I observed that the speed ofmy tank is less than it was a week before .... Increase the speed ... Without speed it's not good...

Strange, I haven't changed speed on this end.

ltrazor
09-18-2011, 10:14 PM
First, to comment on the report of being slower, I do not think the tanks are slower. Matter of fact, since you increased the size of the directional control, I am able to much better manuver and I seem to have plenty of speed. I've been able to totally circle people all the while firing (for those reading this, that is one of the best ways to take someone out with minimal damage if you can manage the controls).

Bug 1: Sometimes when I'm in Town map and I start just to the left of the big wall at the end of the map, I sometimes get stuck going forward. Only seems to be in that spot. I can't go forward but if I turn around and go back, I can then go forward with no issues. Not a big deal, just nussiance sometimes. I've never had it happen in any other map.

Bug 2: I've noticed that shields effectiveness seems to be delay for myself and sometimes the person using it. I can see their shield go up but I sometimes (not all the time, not sure if its due to latency or ?) can still inflect damage even when I see their shield up. This is especially effective for the dog bombs. I killed someone today even though I saw their shield come up, the dog still took them out. I've had the same thing happen to me where I see danger and I bring up shield but for some reason, I still get damage with shield up for a second afterwards. Seems to happen when players are in close quarters.

"Maybe" Bug 3: When launching dogs near objects, I can never understand if the object will interfer or not. Example, I launch one today when I was looking to the left of pyramid object and thought for sure I was clear and the dog seemed to be clear but still blew up as it came along side. It could be just that pyramid extends further than I saw and I just need to launch more outside objects. I've seem more of an issue in the pyramid map with this than anywhere else.

Enhancement Reqeust: What about practice games? Allow users to select they want to practice and then they are put into games where they practice with other players and get nor loose any points. This would work well with new players wanting to practice before they get pummeled by higher rated players. Also, would allow higher rated players to practice new strategies without loosing rating stance.

Enhancement request: Remove dead players quicker. Although I've used this to my advantage more than once, I think it hurts the newer players.

As stated before, I think this game ROCKS!. I've managed to break my addiction of playing for an hour straight but I still want to play every chance I get.

Let me know if I can ever help out with testing or anything.

Seth
09-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the bug reports and comments ltrazor.

A new version is about to go live, when it hits all 3 device types I will be switching on a new networking model - I think it will help with the shields problem, and some other things. (laggy players no longer can't be shot at..)

Still the problem with dogs exploding unexpectedly sometimes when you're next to a wall though, I'll improve that.

Enhancement Reqeust: What about practice games? Allow users to select they want to practice

Hmm. It could be another checkbox on the connect screen but I'm really running out of room there on smaller phones (new version adds one, Team play) and it's getting ugly(er). Guess I need to re-think my user interface a bit.

bf123
09-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Just wanted to let you know what a great game this is! I'm not a gamer and I find this game so
addictive I'm spending hours a day on it. Great work!

Now some comments:

- any way to lock out of (or into) the VIP lobby vs typing /lobby each time? On a tablet, it
gets tough bringing up the virtual keyboard each time to do this.

- What are all the map names (v1.05)? What about an enhancement to allow a player to
lock into a given map (and of course, to return to cycle mode)?

- Sometimes the phone rings during the middle of a battle....what about an enhancement to
'pause' ONLY at respawn (of course, you would not want a pause while being pulverized
or that would be mis-used...I killed my wife while she was paused...hehehehe).

Thanks again for this awesome game!

Blast07
09-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi Seth,

what do you think about adding radar?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3vZuandaPGkWniPZP-knGN_N-tglXEWz-_duvRHTnLOrOAwgi

Seth
09-22-2011, 02:25 PM
- any way to lock out of (or into) the VIP lobby vs typing /lobby each time? On a tablet, it
gets tough bringing up the virtual keyboard each time to do this.

Well, here's what is happening, once the server hits a certain "busy-ness" it turns on "auto VIP sorting" - this is done for a few reasons:

* Separating people into two groups stops the games from filling up and starting before you can even say anything or set the map
* Everyone in the VIP room has at least 100 CP, so you won't win a game and get 1 point, better games as you're playing better people
* New people don't get crushed horrible as much

Now, the current system needs some tweaks. I've just set it so it requires 26 VIP level players active online before turning on instead of 20. Now that team modes are on it's sort of throwing things out of whack as now we have 4 main "public" lobbies. (2 normal, 2 team) I'll probably need to set it up even higher.

The other problem is when VIP sorting mode turns on and off isn't obvious - it could turn off while 1 guy is in the VIP room waiting and he'll wonder why nobody else comes in. I will add a global message so it will be obvious when it goes on/off... and have the /stats command show the current state of it.

So bottom line is, the system will work better if people stay in the VIP room so I don't really want to make an easy way to opt out. (But I also don't want to force anybody..)

- What are all the map names (v1.05)? What about an enhancement to allow a player to
lock into a given map (and of course, to return to cycle mode)?

Typing just /map in the lobby will list all the available maps, and can be used to set the activate map. ( /map town or even /map t will set the town map, for instance)

- Sometimes the phone rings during the middle of a battle....what about an enhancement to
'pause' ONLY at respawn (of course, you would not want a pause while being pulverized
or that would be mis-used...I killed my wife while she was paused...hehehehe).

Well, in a private game this (or even a real pause that any player could toggle) would be useful, but for the lobby games it could be used to cause problems. For instance, if someone spent 20 minutes on a phone call in a 1-1 game. I'm always thinking about the worst possible case for ruining games when I add features.. :sweatdrop:

what do you think about adding radar?

Funny you should ask - I've been thinking about adding a radar option as an in-app purchase add-on ($0.99 or something). I think it would be a good way to give game supporters a perk without ruining the game balance. (For instance, I want new weapons and maps to always be available to everyone, but a radar... hmm.. it might be perfect for IAP)

ajax
09-23-2011, 12:43 PM
I noticed during a few matches at the Arena today in the center strip with the 2 powerup boxes that sometimes when you shoot a dog while you are in there it will blow up immediately even if there are no obstructions visible. I had it happen 2-3 times this morning.

I love the game so far though, trying to work my way back up the points board after deciding to gamble away 4800 points down to 0.

I've only tried team mode a few times, but it just isn't fun if you get teamed up with newbies. On a 15 point game I might score 9 and be in first or second place overall and still lose 100+ points since no one else was helping.

Seth
09-23-2011, 11:50 PM
AJax - yeah, the dog spawning is a problem. The dogs spawn basically in the middle of your tank and if the side or back of your tank is too near a wall they instantly explore. Will fix..

About team mode - I'm going to start a new thread about it to reply

ltrazor
09-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Funny you should ask - I've been thinking about adding a radar option as an in-app purchase add-on ($0.99 or something). I think it would be a good way to give game supporters a perk without ruining the game balance. (For instance, I want new weapons and maps to always be available to everyone, but a radar... hmm.. it might be perfect for IAP)

Seth: I'd gladly pay for the radar!!!

joeSO
10-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Sometimes when you escape you can be tactful and trick the opponent. When you are on the offensive, you can also go from another direction behind the wall. A radar will reduce the tactfulness of the game, thereby leveling all the players and it will just be out of luck (which weapons you pick up).

Seth
10-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah, it is pretty much the best part of the game when you roll up behind someone, and watch them slowly realize what's happening as you release a dog from two inches away. :ninja:

I'll have to think about this... could cripple it to only show friends (team games), but .. hrm.

boater
10-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Great game, great graphics...aside from skips occasionally I love the addictive nature of it.

But my only real gripe it getting launched into a game without launching. As I go into a room, I like to see what others ratings are before I play newer players and lose tons of points.

WHY HAVE A LAUNCH BUTTON IF YOU GET AUTO-LAUNCHED..

soccerfu
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
hi i am soccerfu currently number 4:cool:. this game is very fun so keep doing what you are doing Seth:D

soccerfu
10-03-2011, 10:44 PM
What about adding maps like a safari, night and what about a tournament game or something.:confused:

Seth
10-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and comments, keep 'em coming. I haven't done much work on Tanked lately due to some pressing contract work obligations, but hope to get back to it...

But my only real gripe it getting launched into a game without launching. As I go into a room, I like to see what others ratings are before I play newer players and lose tons of points.

Roughly it requires 75% of people to click launch, or the maximum players for the active map before it will launch. If I required everyone to click I think we'd run into a lot of "press launch already, you idiot!" type problems. Maybe I should change it so it doesn't auto-launch at max players? Or a 5 second count down? Hmm...

soccerfu
10-05-2011, 11:13 PM
what about adding big maps for up to 12 players or something. cause i would like bigger games with more people. Also after i come out of a 8 player game i end up getting launched back in really fast because there was 8 players that will come back and start the game in like 5 seconds.

soccerfu
10-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey Ajax I bet I can beat you to the first spot.:excl:

ajax
10-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm sure you will lol. I've been having lots of problems with lag due to my ISP lately so I haven't even bothered playing.

The last few times I logged in last week I would either lose connection and 200 points, or be moving so slowly that I'd come in towards the bottom and lose 200 points. I just hate giving free points to a newbie white when they didn't earn them.

soccerfu
10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I hate that to. It gets them encouraged and then when I go against them and take them all back:D they get
really mad.:)

soccerfu
10-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Hey Seth thanks for the server update it really helped. I like now that in a four player game I would be the only one who gets all the points. I also like if I get dropped it will keep my score, because usually when I get disconnected I have 3 to 4 kills already. Also I like the other one where as long as second is alone it will give you points. Not like the old problem:
player-6 kills all the points
me-4 to 5 kills no points
player-1 kill
player-1 killThanks for the fix.:)

soccerfu
10-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I was playing this morning when I saw that there was another soccerfu.:confused:Could you change it where no two people have the same username, because it gets very confusing when you play with someone with the same user but different color.:)

soccerfu
10-08-2011, 02:03 PM
great game today(10/08) Ajax huh.:D I took 100 points from you.:p

ajax
10-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Yea, but then I won the next game and got a whole 9 points back!

soccerfu
10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Wow that's a lot of points. That really would be a lot of points to a newbie.;)

Seth
10-10-2011, 08:11 AM
I was playing this morning when I saw that there was another soccerfu.:confused:Could you change it where no two people have the same username, because it gets very confusing when you play with someone with the same user but different color.:)

Hmm. the two letters after the name should help people identify the real one. (This won't change, even thought someone changes his name)

soccerfu
10-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Hey Seth what about adding a kill to deaths ratio next to our name on the standings. I'm just trying to help u make the game better.

soccerfu
10-11-2011, 12:05 AM
I was playing today and I saw that the "zombie" bug was still around. also there is another problem I have seen and experience. sometimes when someone gets killed and they are a zombie until they re-spawn. It looks like they never die because when that happens because the life bar above them stays at what I call one shot. That means that they are so damaged that all they need is one shot to be killed. This game is awesome but sometimes it gets very frustrating.

soccerfu
10-12-2011, 12:47 AM
I was playing today on my touchpad and when i first got on i tried to move but every time i tried it stopped moving. i soon got it working but i got killed once because i couldn't move.:o

Blast07
10-13-2011, 11:27 AM
HI Seth,
currently, in lobby view, if one needs to write command or message one needs to press text area field before.
I sugeest to add auto focus to text area field, so any messages would be sent a bit easier / faster

Seth
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
HI Seth,
currently, in lobby view, if one needs to write command or message one needs to press text area field before.
I sugeest to add auto focus to text area field, so any messages would be sent a bit easier / faster

On most devices we're dealing with a soft keyboard that takes up like half the screen - if I popped it up right away (so typing is possible) it would obscure much of the chat area. Maybe your device has a hardware keyboard so this wouldn't be a problem?

Blast07
10-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Maybe your device has a hardware keyboard so this wouldn't be a problem?
yes, this is HP Pre2 (under webOs) with hardware keyboard and I need to touch text area field beforehand.
and to be honest it is a bit annoying :)

ozbodd
10-15-2011, 08:04 AM

what about WiFi adhoc lan games? That would be cool.

soccerfu
10-15-2011, 11:44 AM
what about WiFi adhoc lan games? That would be cool.

I like that idea to ozbodd.:)

soccerfu
10-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey Seth what happened last night.:confused:

soccerfu
10-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Hey Ajax i beat you to the lead.;)

Bllbb6435
10-16-2011, 12:28 AM
My Name online is noob and I am usually ranked around 110. Ome suggestion i have. Make a game mode where players set up points that each of them wager to play that specific game. Then, whenthe game is overbthe points in the pool can be distributed to first and maybe even some to second. Thus, its a type of game where you have direct control of wagering and if you aint't in first or second, you are last. This would be really cool. Im sure soccerfu supports me. Please do this.

Also, like i said before, change the phrase on the screen to say prefer fewer people, not prefer less people.

Thanks

Bllbb6435
10-16-2011, 12:30 AM

Hey i beat you and then you were all mad because you lost 200 points.

Hah, dont take it personally. Just busting your chops.

P.s. my name online is usualy noob/ansovino/soccerfu/player (yes i know im not thebreal soccerfu or ansovino)

soccerfu
10-16-2011, 01:16 AM
My Name online is noob and I am usually ranked around 110. Ome suggestion i have. Make a game mode where players set up points that each of them wager to play that specific game. Then, whenthe game is overbthe points in the pool can be distributed to first and maybe even some to second. Thus, its a type of game where you have direct control of wagering and if you aint't in first or second, you are last. This would be really cool. Im sure soccerfu supports me. Please do this.
You were right i do like this.:)

Bllbb6435
10-16-2011, 01:18 AM
what do you mean?:confused:

What i mean is that im not the real soccerfu i just like to change my name sometimes to the name of the people on the top scores list

soccerfu
10-16-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey i beat you and then you were all mad because you lost 200 points.
Hah, dont take it personally. Just busting your chops.
P.s. my name online is usualy noob/ansovino/soccerfu/player (yes i know im not thebreal soccerfu or ansovino)
Just so you know i wasn't mad i just had to log off.

soccerfu
10-16-2011, 01:22 AM
What i mean is that im not the real soccerfu i just like to change my name sometimes to the name of the people on the top scores list
So you copied my name!?:confused:

Bllbb6435
10-16-2011, 01:26 AM
So you copied my name!?:confused:

Yeah sort of. You are so good i thought maybe your name would inspire me to do well.

soccerfu
10-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the compliment.:)

Bllbb6435
10-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Yeah sort of. You are so good i thought maybe your name would inspire me to do well.

How do i make my name say squire instead of peasant?

richardsmtih
10-16-2011, 01:31 AM
Everyone deserves the right to have a name of their liking. What next are you going to regulate? You admitted to cheating, so how can I take you seriously?

Thanks, I want to be polite but I am mad

richardsmtih
10-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the compliment.:)

you dont deserve it

soccerfu
10-16-2011, 01:41 AM
Everyone deserves the right to have a name of their liking. What next are you going to regulate? You admitted to cheating, so how can I take you seriously?

Thanks, I want to be polite but I am mad

When did i say that i was cheating.(not trying to be mean but just saying)

Bllbb6435
10-16-2011, 01:44 AM
When did i say that i was cheating.(not trying to be mean but just saying)

Yeah dont worry soccerfu. He mus be talking about when you broadcasted that you were sorry for cheating. You are fine. We know that you didnt.

soccerfu
10-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Yeah dont worry soccerfu. He mus be talking about when you broadcasted that you were sorry for cheating. You are fine. We know that you didnt.

thank you. Finaly someone on my side. Thanks for the help Noob.:o

soccerfu
10-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey Seth what about making the turret move faster because right now it moves a little slow.:)

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Hey Seth I thought you said if we leave before someone scores a point. Well i did that one game today but it took 200 points away still. What is the point of updating the sever if the sever wont listen? Also i noticed a lot of high ranked players wont play me any more since 10/15/11 u.s. time.

albar
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Seth
Firstly, I was wondering how I could get my name back. I was albar, but had to reset my touchpad and re-install Tanked. I kept my points, but was automatically given the name player. So I am Player TV. And there are loads of 'players'. Can I change my name?
Also what is the purpose of the in game announcement that someone has killed someone with a beagle, it kinda spreads across the screen and is bright red, so can be a bit distracting.
I think you should make it impossible for anyone to pick 'crate king' in Egypt map. Some people seem to choose it as a gamble and you can be thrown into the game before you know what's happening.
Also in Egypt mode, many times when I fire a beagle inside the pyramid it explodes right in front of me,like I've fired it at a wall, when I havent
Another idea is maybe when there are many players online you could add an option to choose to play people of your own colour/rank. I find these the best games.
Also maybe you could add more crates in the town map, as its such a big map.
Sorry,I'm not good at short posts :o
Thanks for all the good work though, great game and great stress reliever

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Another idea is maybe when there are many players online you could add an option to choose to play people of your own colour/rank. I find these the best games.
Also maybe you could add more crates in the town map, as its such a big map.
I like that to.

albar
10-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I like that to.

would be hard for you to find people of your own colour/rank though soccerfu! Lol.

That's a bit of a flaw in my idea. But maybe group the higher colours together and lower colours together. Coz you never wanna win more than when you're playing a load of greens if you're green or a load of purples if you're purple etc etc

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 12:15 PM
would be hard for you to find people of your own colour/rank though soccerfu lol.

I know I know.:D

ajax
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM

Congrats on the #1 Soccerfu, I've still been having ISP issues so I haven't played in the last week or so.

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Congrats on the #1 Soccerfu, I've still been having ISP issues so I haven't played in the last week or so.

Thanks Ajax!:) Do you think I have been cheating.

ajax
10-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks Ajax!:) Do you think I have been cheating.

No, if you were I'm sure Seth would have banned you.

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 11:02 PM
No, if you were I'm sure Seth would have banned you.

Yeah I think so to. Sethadim the imposter that said I was cheating wont leave me alone.:o Hey have you seen the new thread started by auto.....something.

Seth
10-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Hi Seth
Firstly, I was wondering how I could get my name back. I was albar, but had to reset my touchpad and re-install Tanked. I kept my points, but was automatically given the name player. So I am Player TV. And there are loads of 'players'. Can I change my name?

Everytime you start playing multiplayer, on the screen before you connect, you can change your name. (The two letter postfix stays the same)

Also what is the purpose of the in game announcement that someone has killed someone with a beagle, it kinda spreads across the screen and is bright red, so can be a bit distracting.

Oh, I'd forgotten about that. It was because I was going to give 2 points for beagle kills, but that through how long games take way out of whack..

I think you should make it impossible for anyone to pick 'crate king' in Egypt map. Some people seem to choose it as a gamble and you can be thrown into the game before you know what's happening.

I agree - it might work better once I add the new goal setting though.. it will make the game take 2 or 3 minutes rather than any particular score.

Also in Egypt mode, many times when I fire a beagle inside the pyramid it explodes right in front of me,like I've fired it at a wall

I'll try to improve it in the next client update.

Seth
10-19-2011, 05:17 AM
Hey Seth I thought you said if we leave before someone scores a point. Well i did that one game today but it took 200 points away still. What is the point of updating the sever if the sever wont listen? Also i noticed a lot of high ranked players wont play me any more since 10/15/11 u.s. time.

Hmm. Well, it could be a bug, but also it could be:

This doesn't apply to team games
Someone may have scored at exactly as you quit

Seth
10-19-2011, 05:19 AM
How do i make my name say squire instead of peasant?

It's based on how many posts you make here

soccerfu
10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Hmm. Well, it could be a bug, but also it could be:

This doesn't apply to team games
Someone may have scored at exactly as you quit

reply to 1. it wasn't a team game.
reply to 2. I quit just as the game started playing. no one had a kill.

soccerfu
10-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Hey Seth what about a tournament or something interesting.:) I think that would be really cool.:cool:

soccerfu
10-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Hey Seth what about a tournament or something interesting.:) I think that would be really cool.:cool:

It's based on how many posts you make here

I didnt know that I thought it was based on something else.:o

soccerfu
10-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Hey Seth is there any way to make a bigger version of arena. Like a big, small and normal for each map. Cause right now you can move the turret and immediately shoot someone.

Seth
10-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah - probably the easiest thing is just to do new larger maps. I'm running out of themes for maps.. any ideas?

soccerfu
10-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Yeah - probably the easiest thing is just to do new larger maps. I'm running out of themes for maps.. any ideas?

actually yes, like a night map, castle, safari or even a jungle.:):):)

Bllbb6435
10-22-2011, 11:52 PM
actually yes, like a night map, castle, safari or even a jungle.:):):)

Yeah that would be cool.

On a sode note, how about you have it so everybody can see how many games they have won. We have the ratio for everybody but only the top 50 get their exact number of wins.

Thanks,

Noob

soccerfu
10-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah that would be cool.

On a sode note, how about you have it so everybody can see how many games they have won. We have the ratio for everybody but only the top 50 get their exact number of wins.

Thanks,

Noob

yeah like a next page type of thing. What do you think about that and the maps Seth.

soccerfu
10-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey Seth what about creating a password so we can keep the account if we get a new device or want to use it on a different device.:)

dontshoot
10-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Just want to say thanks, its an awesome game!

soccerfu
10-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Just want to say thanks, its an awesome game!

I agree this game is awesome.:)

autourdupc
10-27-2011, 11:10 AM

You can alos imagine a city more complex...

soccerfu
10-27-2011, 11:13 AM
You can alos imagine a city more complex...

That would be awesome.

autourdupc
10-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Can we imagine that we can fire a beaggle ?
Maybe we have to fire twice to shoot it ?

soccerfu
10-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Can we imagine that we can fire a beaggle ?
Maybe we have to fire twice to shoot it ?

No offense but i don't think that would be good because there would be an unlimited amount of beagles going everywhere in every direction. would you like to have to move 24/7 during the game?

autourdupc
10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
No offense but i don't think that would be good because there would be an unlimited amount of beagles going everywhere in every direction. would you like to have to move 24/7 during the game?

Don't think so... Each time you are in front of a beagle, if no shield, you die ! No chance to survive.
If one can shoot a beagle, you can :
1) have a chance to survive
2) protect a second gamer of your team if you see a beagle going strait to it's tank !

dontshoot
10-27-2011, 11:51 PM

i think autourdupc meant shoot at the dogs.. not shooting dogs :P
I personally i like it as how it is now.. don't mind killed instantly with dogs, as that is part of the strategy.. :P

autourdupc
10-28-2011, 06:20 AM
i think autourdupc meant shoot at the dogs.. not shooting dogs :P
I personally i like it as how it is now.. don't mind killed instantly with dogs, as that is part of the strategy.. :P

Yes, it is what I wanted to say... Sorry for my poor english... :sweatdrop:

soccerfu
10-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes, it is what I wanted to say... Sorry for my poor english... :sweatdrop:

Ok that sounds fair to me.

einstein sr
12-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Hey Seth thanks for the amazing game and like you I program(very very minor programming though). I would like to know what pattern(program) you put in the gambling machines in the tavern. It is very intriguing
Thanks,
Einstein

P.S. The game is amazing.

soccerfu
12-08-2011, 01:00 AM
The game is very amazing Einstein.

einstein sr
12-08-2011, 01:05 AM
I have seen you in the game and I have seen your rank of second in the records. That is truly amazing

soccerfu
12-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Thanks......:)

dontshoot
12-16-2011, 01:08 AM
I have an idea to stop people from switching.. some may not like it though....
Quite simple, how about each time someone switch he will need to use his CP, eg 15 pts to switch.

soccerfu
12-16-2011, 01:09 AM
How about five to 10.

dontshoot
12-16-2011, 01:13 AM
5 or 10 will still made ppl switch IMO... at least if you are there :D..
the mighty soccerfu ...

soccerfu
12-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Yeah i guess thats true. But what if you or me want to switch. That is like 2-3 team games worth of points.(with no high ranks)

dontshoot
12-16-2011, 01:17 AM
yes its true.. short answer... you can't switch without losing pts.. but think about it, wouldn't it more fun without ppl switching.., on private game, you can switch without losing pts.. i suppose you are right. 15 maybee is too much.. 10? need more feedback from other users

soccerfu
12-16-2011, 01:18 AM
That sounds good.

dontshoot
12-16-2011, 01:21 AM
ppl will probably hate me suggesting this.. :D

soccerfu
12-16-2011, 01:23 AM
I can guarantee that!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Blast07
12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
yes its true.. short answer... you can't switch without losing pts.. but think about it, wouldn't it more fun without ppl switching.., on private game, you can switch without losing pts.. i suppose you are right. 15 maybee is too much.. 10? need more feedback from other users

cool idea , butif you have 1000pts or more, lost 15pts will not be significant.

or just remove "/s" and ppl will not be able to switch.

soccerfu
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
I dont like that idea.

dontshoot
12-23-2011, 09:07 PM
just to report another glitch, not a big deal.. but annoying for those affected.

on team game, even number of player were reached.. (2vs2) on hedge maze...
just before the game launches, a team member switched (t90), then game starts... the server allows the switch, making it an uneven game (3vs1) poor guy..
anyway to check the logs, look for yesterday game with me , and t90..

soccerfu
12-23-2011, 10:40 PM
I hate it when that happens. But those are the ones where i go up against like 2 or 3 greens and destroy them so bad half way through the game they cant even turn around to shoot at me and i end up winning like 20 to 5 or something like that.:D:p(did you really think a couple of greens would take me down without a fight?:D;)) I make sure to rub it in their faces afterwards!!!!:D;)