PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the Middle (CH 1)

BethanyFuturama
11-22-2013, 12:37 AM
CHAPTER 1: Normal day. Normal school. Normal everything. But you know what sucks? I'm stuck in the middle of everything. I'm the middle child, with a 6-year-old sister named Kaley, and a 14-year-old brother named Shane. Then there's me, stuck in 7th grade, the age where you're either fully developed or look like you're 8. And trust me-- I'm one of those kids who looks like they're 8. 2 years ago, back when I was still "Super Sabrina", I was the pack leader. Every kid in the grades below looked up to me and my friends. Now, I'm being looked up upon by the new 6th graders, but still being looked down upon by the 8th graders. I feel like I'm a rag, used on occasion but mostly used to wipe toilets. Now kids call me plain old Sabrina, no nicknames or anything. According to Shane, being in 7th grade isn't as bad as being in 9th grade, where the older kids celebrate "Freshman Friday" by beating on the freshman. But it can't be worse. I understand that one day I'll climb out of this rut, being trampled by 8th graders. But for now, I'm stuck in the middle.