PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion new kind of game "The never end game"

autourdupc
10-18-2011, 12:21 PM
The new idea is a game that never finish... You can call it "The never end game" or "NEG".

In this game, only a defined number of players are autorized (for example 6 players).
A player must stay in the game a minimum amount of time (2 minutes for example).
If the player left before, he looses some credits (as actually).
If the player left after the minimum requested time, he leaves with his new credit, depending on he was good or not.
In any case, a player can play as long as he wants.

To enter into the game, a new player must wait for a place to become available.

We can imagine one "Never end game" per map !

Hope you will find this funny :)

Regards,
Autourdupc (from France)

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 12:30 PM
The new idea is a game that never finish... You can call it "The never end game" or "NEG".

In this game, only a defined number of players are autorized (for example 6 players).
A player must stay in the game a minimum amount of time (2 minutes for example).
If the player left before, he looses some credits (as actually).
If the player left after the minimum requested time, he leaves with his new credit, depending on he was good or not.
In any case, a player can play as long as he wants.

To enter into the game, a new player must wait for a place to become available.

We can imagine one "Never end game" per map !

Hope you will find this funny :)

Regards,
Autourdupc (from France)

That sounds awesome.:DBut what if how many credits you get was based on how many kills you had. Like 3-6 points per kill.

autourdupc
10-18-2011, 01:03 PM
That sounds awesome.:DBut what if how many credits you get was based on how many kills you had. Like 3-6 points per kill.

If you win too much, you get many credits...
If you die, you quit the game !

In any case, after some hours of game, you will be so tied that you will left the game !

And if you stay too long time without moving (like 30 sec), you are "ejected" out of the game (this permits to have only active gamers) with some credits lost (that is the price to paid to be too static).
That means only players that decide to quit the game are not blamed.

Do you think it can be a good idea ?

autourdupc
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM

We can imagine that 1 kill = + 1 point
I die = -1 point

It is very simple and permits to have fun :cool:

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 10:01 PM
I die = -1 point

I don't like that idea.:(

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 10:02 PM
If you win too much, you get many credits...
If you die, you quit the game !

In any case, after some hours of game, you will be so tied that you will left the game !

And if you stay too long time without moving (like 30 sec), you are "ejected" out of the game (this permits to have only active gamers) with some credits lost (that is the price to paid to be too static).
That means only players that decide to quit the game are not blamed.

Do you think it can be a good idea ?

Some of it I like:) some of it not so much.:(

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
what about a team, deathmatch, crate king, hardcore and beagles mode for each map.:)

soccerfu
10-18-2011, 11:05 PM
When do you think we will be agreed on everything enough to give it to Seth.

autourdupc
10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
what about a team, deathmatch, crate king, hardcore and beagles mode for each map.:)

I don't know yet...
This "NEG" is an idea, and needs to be worked...
One can imagine that every hours, mode is auto changing, or map... Or that the best "killer" for the last 10 minutes can change some settings "in live" (with a pop-up coming into it's screen).

We can also imagine that we can go from one map to another one using a door... This can extend the possibility to have more players in the same game (i.e. up to 8 players per map, means 24 players with 3 maps connected - and you can't go to a map if it is full).

And we can imagine a target with countdown on a wall... You have to fire in it at the end of countdown...This target can give credits... Or change something in the game !

So many possibilities... Maybe we can start with basic setting !

soccerfu
10-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't know yet...
This "NEG" is an idea, and needs to be worked...
One can imagine that every hours, mode is auto changing, or map... Or that the best "killer" for the last 10 minutes can change some settings "in live" (with a pop-up coming into it's screen).

We can also imagine that we can go from one map to another one using a door... This can extend the possibility to have more players in the same game (i.e. up to 8 players per map, means 24 players with 3 maps connected - and you can't go to a map if it is full).

And we can imagine a target with countdown on a wall... You have to fire in it at the end of countdown...This target can give credits... Or change something in the game !

So many possibilities... Maybe we can start with basic setting !

sounds really good!:):):):):):D

soccerfu
10-20-2011, 01:23 AM
What about a setting to change everything to like negative or change the cloud cover or change the time to night or day.:):cool:

autourdupc
10-20-2011, 07:01 AM
What about a setting to change everything to like negative or change the cloud cover or change the time to night or day.:):cool:

Yes... This is also a nice idea ;)

I hope all of this thread is making growing new idea to the dev, and we can one day found a new game called "NEG" !

soccerfu
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
what about rooms based on color level. Like all, greens all whites, etc. And just one big room for all kinds of them.And instead of the name being a color the whole tank is that color.:)

soccerfu
10-22-2011, 11:10 PM
What about expanding the little maps like arena and add more obstacles.

soccerfu
10-22-2011, 11:46 PM
what about rooms based on color level. Like all, greens all whites, etc. And just one big room for all kinds of them.And instead of the name being a color the whole tank is that color.:)

Yes... This is also a nice idea ;)

I hope all of this thread is making growing new idea to the dev, and we can one day found a new game called "NEG" !

I call co-founder!:)

Seth
10-22-2011, 11:55 PM

Hmm, maybe I'll do the color room thing, good idea! Rooms eh? Like a quake level? Well, I guess variety is good...

I could color tanks the same as the name but I'm saving tank colors for something else I have planned... :ninja:

soccerfu
10-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Hmm, maybe I'll do the color room thing, good idea! Rooms eh? Like a quake level? Well, I guess variety is good...

I could color tanks the same as the name but I'm saving tank colors for something else I have planned... :ninja:

oooo i like the suspense!:):):):):D;)

Bllbb6435
10-23-2011, 12:13 AM

I am eagerly waiting. Thanks seth.

Noob

Bllbb6435
10-23-2011, 12:19 AM

Off topic, but what time zone are these posts recorded in?

(Noob will be number one soon)

Seth
10-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Off topic, but what time zone are these posts recorded in?

I think the website server is running on Tokyo time (UTC+9) - but you can set your time zone if you edit your profile (Forum Actions->Edit profile->General settings) so it should show it in local time if you do that.

Bllbb6435
10-23-2011, 12:29 AM
I think the website server is running on Tokyo time (UTC+9) - but you can set your time zone if you edit your profile (Forum Actions->Edit profile->General settings) so it should show it in local time if you do that.

Thanks, I did that. Also, I don't mean to be pushy but I never really got an answer: do you like my idea about the wagering points game. The NEG is a better idea, but why not do both.

Seth
10-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks, I did that. Also, I don't mean to be pushy but I never really got an answer: do you like my idea about the wagering points game. The NEG is a better idea, but why not do both.

Not a bad idea, but probably not enough people would use it (like 6? :) ) to make it worth the time to add that right now. What's the main reason people would use this for? To play games where nobody loses a lot of points? If that's the case, I may have a better way, could just let people play "unranked" games.

Or would they want to play games to basically give someone else 10,000 points? This could mess with the rankings...

Bllbb6435
10-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Not a bad idea, but probably not enough people would use it (like 6? :) ) to make it worth the time to add that right now. What's the main reason people would use this for? To play games where nobody loses a lot of points? If that's the case, I may have a better way, could just let people play "unranked" games.

Or would they want to play games to basically give someone else 10,000 points? This could mess with the rankings...

I don't understand Seth. Sure people want the NEG or just a practice room to play in.

In regards to my idea, I respect your comments but I am offended that you make the idea seem so pointless. Obviously there would be a cap on the wagering. Maybe like each person if they want to set up a game can put the maximum wager to like 200 points. I think a ton of high ranks would love this idea. This way, if they win then they can get the money in the pool. It would not screw up the rankings. Soccerfu and I support this idea and I am sure many others would to. I mean, some people would like a game where the calculations for point winnings is different.

Seth
10-23-2011, 01:01 AM
In regards to my idea, I respect your comments but I am offended that you make the idea seem so pointless.

I didn't say it's pointless, please don't be so sensitive.

Before adding a feature I try to understand the entirely of both the base motivations and possible abuses so I can tweak ideas to work better. And then, balance it on a time to implement vs overall value to everyone scale - sometimes I go ahead and do it and other times it's better to grab for lower hanging fruit first. Does that make sense?

soccerfu
10-23-2011, 01:10 AM
I like your signature noob.

Before adding a feature I try to understand the entirely of both the base motivations and possible abuses so I can tweak ideas to work better. And then, balance it on a time to implement vs overall value to everyone scale - sometimes I go ahead and do it and other times it's better to grab for lower hanging fruit first. Does that make sense?

not trying to be nagging but Seth do you like my map themes.

Bllbb6435
10-23-2011, 01:19 AM

I understand. Sorry if i came off as overly sensitive. Thanks for the work you have done.

Randy
10-28-2011, 08:14 PM
The never end game the name itself doesn't sound good to me.

soccerfu
10-30-2011, 12:17 AM
The never end game the name itself doesn't sound good to me.

No offense but are you kidding me? The never end game is awesome!

soccerfu
10-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey autotropc got any new ideas for the "NEG".:)