PDA

View Full Version : Bug report

soccerfu
11-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Hey Seth today I was playing a game when I turned into a zombie tank. I wasn't a full zombie tank because i could not move or shoot. It was a team game by the way. Me against two other tanks(the other tank was a white who was just getting in the way and costing me lives. Honestly I was happy when he left). I still won the team game but the bug i told you about above happened. when they finally killed me from my half normal half zombie that gave their team a kill. please fix this. This bug is very unfair to me and all my other fellow tankers( i do not have a screen shot right now but i bet you 100% that if it happens again i will get a screen shot and post it here).

Seth
11-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Yeah I've heard of this before... I'll try to fix it.

yellow
11-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Great game but extremely buggy. (btw the game is so good because of its simplicity)

Here are my bugs
1. Constantly getting stuck in the hedge
2. Crashes a lot. I'm Im using an iPad 1 with a good wifi connection. You can tell a lot of people crash too because it's very common to see tanks greyed out on the score screen
3. Shots not registering, I'm head to head shooting with someone and I am hitting him directly but no life coming off
4. items dissapearing... Example I use an item like health to keep from dying, I use it but never registers so I die but item disappears from my inventory anyway
5. Crate king is bad especially with Egypt map. Guys swoop in. Hange to crate king last second and you can't even back out because person in pyramid gets 3 to 4 almost immediately
6a. Zombie tanks
6b. Dying but not respawning. Just happened to soccerfu and he was asking people to shoot him (I happily did)
7. Tank getting stuck moving in one direction. Several times I have respawned to find myself moving full speed diagonally (the control pad is lit up without me touching it)

I think I had more but I'm drawing a blank.

Not a bug but this game is growing so much and I would like to keep plaing so we really need a SIGN IN FEATURE to play from other devices. I hate this iPad and I want to play on something else but right now I'm stuck

Again the game if flat out fun and I will continue to play but it's a victim of its own success... People want more... Haha at least I do

Thanks for a good game

soccerfu
11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Great game but extremely buggy. (btw the game is so good because of its simplicity)

Here are my bugs
1. Constantly getting stuck in the hedge
2. Crashes a lot. I'm Im using an iPad 1 with a good wifi connection. You can tell a lot of people crash too because it's very common to see tanks greyed out on the score screen
3. Shots not registering, I'm head to head shooting with someone and I am hitting him directly but no life coming off
4. items dissapearing... Example I use an item like health to keep from dying, I use it but never registers so I die but item disappears from my inventory anyway
5. Crate king is bad especially with Egypt map. Guys swoop in. Hange to crate king last second and you can't even back out because person in pyramid gets 3 to 4 almost immediately
6a. Zombie tanks
6b. Dying but not respawning. Just happened to soccerfu and he was asking people to shoot him (I happily did)
7. Tank getting stuck moving in one direction. Several times I have respawned to find myself moving full speed diagonally (the control pad is lit up without me touching it)

I think I had more but I'm drawing a blank.

Not a bug but this game is growing so much and I would like to keep plaing so we really need a SIGN IN FEATURE to play from other devices. I hate this iPad and I want to play on something else but right now I'm stuck

Again the game if flat out fun and I will continue to play but it's a victim of its own success... People want more... Haha at least I do

Thanks for a good game

All these bugs are true. Thanks for shooting me yellow to unfreeze me but end the round as it happened. Also you only shot twice so i did not die. So next time keep shooting until you see on your screen " you killed Soccerfu".

Seth
11-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I definitely need to fix that. Any ideas of the specific circumstances that cause the ghosting? Might help me recreate it.

Right now I'm stuck with some contract work so I won't be able to do much for the next few weeks.. but .. soon I hope :sweatdrop:

yellow
11-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Seth, much appreciated you looking into it especially considering its a free app. If I get any ideas what may cause it I will pass it along.

Soccerfu, my bad fella, I thought I made you come back... if I get the opportunity again I be sure to shot you until my thumb hurts

Blitz
11-20-2011, 09:23 PM
I have experienced many times now a bug where at the very beginning of a match (happens in both team and solo), the bug makes it such that I can only move like an inch then progress stops. Then I move another inch and progress stops. Drives me crazy! Happens about 1 in 20 matches. Anyone else experience this?

Blitz

soccerfu
11-20-2011, 11:46 PM
I have experienced many times now a bug where at the very beginning of a match (happens in both team and solo), the bug makes it such that I can only move like an inch then progress stops. Then I move another inch and progress stops. Drives me crazy! Happens about 1 in 20 matches. Anyone else experience this?

Blitz

Yes this happens to me all the time. I think this is because dry fingers not sure.

Seth
11-21-2011, 03:11 AM
I can't figure out how to reproduce this bug yet.. :poop:

Blast07
11-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Yes this happens to me all the time. I think this is because dry fingers not sure.

same for me. I'm sure because of dry fingers. It appears especially when I fight against high rank tanks :)

soccerfu
11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
same for me. I'm sure because of dry fingers. It appears especially when I fight against high rank tanks :)

Do you know how to get your tank working again Blast07. Go back and keep going back for about 5 inches and then slowly spin around forward and it will stop that until the next time you get dry fingers.

Blast07
11-21-2011, 02:57 PM
ok, I'll check this.
but paper handkerchief works almost fine

yellow
11-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Adding beagle issues to the list.

1. Sometimes when shooting a beagle it explodes almost instantly. This usually happens when im close to a wall (but definitely not close enough to have the beagle hit it)

2. Beagles passing through tanks and doing nothing. This has happened several times and while I understand that a crappy connection may have the opponents tanks not really in the spot I am shooting at there have been times where the opponents tank is clearly moving in a straight line and it passes through it.

yellow
11-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Crashing is really, really bad. I am playing on an iPad 1 with the newest software. I have nothing else running and I do a fresh reboot at least once per hour. Is there any fixes for this or am I doing something wrong? I have crashed 6 times tonight alone! I must have lost 300 points tonight alone on the crashes.

Seth
11-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Yikes, that's bad. Anyone else on an iPad having crashes like this? I will update my iPad1 to the latest OS and do some testing.

yellow
11-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Wow I must be having a bad night. Since my last post: 2 more crashes, 1 just as the match is starting the other 1/2 way through a match in the fortress and also got zombie tanked.

I really dont think my iPad can handle running this game. I hope you can do some kind of sign in because I cant wait to switch devices.

Seth
11-23-2011, 03:56 AM
Well, if I programmed it right the worst thing that can possible happen would be it runs slowly - never crash! So if it's crashing that's something I have to fix. :sweatdrop:

yellow
11-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Hey its a great game... I cant remember the last time I got into playing a game. Thanks for checking this stuff out not only myself but all the other players. Thanks Seth

soccerfu
11-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Hey its a great game... I cant remember the last time I got into playing a game.

Yeah i cant remember either. Thins game is sooooooooooooooo cool.:)

soccerfu
11-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Yikes, that's bad. Anyone else on an iPad having crashes like this? I will update my iPad1 to the latest OS and do some testing.

I dont have an ipad but my touchpad still does this very often. About once every other day.

yellow
11-27-2011, 12:00 AM
I dont have an ipad but my touchpad still does this very often. About once every other day.

I would kill for once every other day. I'm crashing on average of once every ten games. I can honestly say I've lost 200 points today alone from crashing early in a match.

Seth I know you are working on it and I can't wit for that update buddy!

soccerfu
11-27-2011, 12:20 AM
I would kill for once every other day. I'm crashing on average of once every ten games. I can honestly say I've lost 200 points today alone from crashing early in a match.

Seth I know you are working on it and I can't wit for that update buddy!

I would guess that it would happen to me about 1 in 100 matches.

yellow
11-29-2011, 06:34 AM
I would guess that it would happen to me about 1 in 100 matches.

5 more crashes today, lost around 250 points because of it. I hope there is a fix soon as its making me crazy when I play. I finally get to the 1k point color and I see it disappear mostly because of the stupid iPad. I feel even worse because I finally got in a high level team game and sure enough just as I got kill #1 it crashes and when I get back in I see I lost 60+ points... I feel bad for the guys I left shorthanded.

soccerfu
12-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Seth me and yellow need the sign in feature so please take this into consideration because we do not want to loose 200 points each time this happens.

TPNFRC
12-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey Seth,

First off I like to thank you for creating the game. It is very fun and for me a stress reliever!

I like to make you aware of an issue that is occuring. When you kill players and the screen states you have killed them sometimes they do not completely die. They are still able to shoot you for a few seconds and then they respawn. This happened to me a few times last night. I'm 100 percent sure that I killed the player but they are still able to shoot.

This could cost a team the game. Sometimes the score is very close and it only takes on more kill to win.

Of course this is an adavantage for the person that got killed because they still have the ablility to kill you.

Please take a look into this.

Thank You

TPNFRC

yellow
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Wow I though that was just me. This has happened to me several times to. It actually says you killed so and so yet a few seconds later you die and it says killed by so and so. I thought it was because of a bad connection of my crap ass iPad.

Again great game. I feel bad because it seems like we all have issues but it's pretty neat to help you make the game better.

Hey Seth,

First off I like to thank you for creating the game. It is very fun and for me a stress reliever!

I like to make you aware of an issue that is occuring. When you kill players and the screen states you have killed them sometimes they do not completely die. They are still able to shoot you for a few seconds and then they respawn. This happened to me a few times last night. I'm 100 percent sure that I killed the player but they are still able to shoot.

This could cost a team the game. Sometimes the score is very close and it only takes on more kill to win.

Of course this is an adavantage for the person that got killed because they still have the ablility to kill you.

Please take a look into this.

Thank You

TPNFRC

Seth
12-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I probably won't be able to put any serious work into Tanked until after Christmas.. :sweatdrop: Have too many rushed contract projects right now, but am looking forward to fixing stuff, and adding new stuff like name/password logon (so you can switch devices) etc.

soccerfu
12-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I probably won't be able to put any serious work into Tanked until after Christmas.. :sweatdrop: Have too many rushed contract projects right now, but am looking forward to fixing stuff, and adding new stuff like name/password logon (so you can switch devices) etc.
Hear that Yellow. You only have to survive until Christmas!:p

yellow
12-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Hear that Yellow. You only have to survive until Christmas!:p

I hope the iPad makes it that long... I have come really close to punting it several times. I will try and contain my frustrations until then.

kokilkhan65463
12-07-2011, 11:17 AM
fhskjfsjd jfflkdsjfsdfdhsjfgdj

soccerfu
12-07-2011, 12:10 PM
What was that for?:confused:

yellow
12-10-2011, 06:37 PM
I know it's supposed to be random but whenever I get my 1st login of the day points its always been 2. Now I'm not statistical genius or anything but I can imagine that getting a random 1-10 points per day and getting 2 points for the last 8 days would be some kind of lucky feat... Maybe I should play the lottery. Well in all seriousness even people in the lobby getting their 1st login points only seem to be getting 2 points.

yellow
12-14-2011, 01:43 AM
OS comparison

I played on my wifes touchpad a little the other day and WOW what a difference vs an iPad 1. Here are my findings.

1. Plays much faster. I was really surprised at the speed of the game... I now understand why (on my iPad) it looks like im shooting someone but its not registering... because they are not there anymore. Really did not have tanks appear next to me or get seemingly killed with 1 shot (because they probably shot me multiple times but they all didnt register on my iPad).

2. Turning and cornering is better. This may be a result of the screen which ill talk about in a next. Best example of this is if im head to head with a tank and they shoot a beagle I can actually reverse and get out of the way! On the iPad I am killed 99% of the time because I just cant move fast enough. I was always amazed when playing on the iPad that tanks get out of the way of my beagles seemingly easily yet I could not do it... now I know why.

3. On the touchpad the screen resolution is much narrower. Good example is on the Egypt map. On my iPad the pyramid seems wider at the base yet on the touchpad the pyramid is skinnier and taller. This makes me think that the wider objects on the iPad is what makes it harder to get around a corner or drive your tank through a spot (say between a dead tank and a wall) that you should easily fit but I constantly get stuck. This may also be why my beagles seem to explode for no reason, especially if they are close to a wall.

Overall the playing experience is much better on the touchpad (even my droid but screen too small). I really look forward to the sign in feature so I can steal the wifes touch pad and start doing some real damage... maybe even give Soccerfu a run for his money.

oh ya and the best reason... I played about 30 games and not once did it crash!!!!

soccerfu
12-14-2011, 12:08 PM
OS comparison

I played on my wifes touchpad a little the other day and WOW what a difference vs an iPad 1. Here are my findings.

1. Plays much faster. I was really surprised at the speed of the game... I now understand why (on my iPad) it looks like im shooting someone but its not registering... because they are not there anymore. Really did not have tanks appear next to me or get seemingly killed with 1 shot (because they probably shot me multiple times but they all didnt register on my iPad).

2. Turning and cornering is better. This may be a result of the screen which ill talk about in a next. Best example of this is if im head to head with a tank and they shoot a beagle I can actually reverse and get out of the way! On the iPad I am killed 99% of the time because I just cant move fast enough. I was always amazed when playing on the iPad that tanks get out of the way of my beagles seemingly easily yet I could not do it... now I know why.

3. On the touchpad the screen resolution is much narrower. Good example is on the Egypt map. On my iPad the pyramid seems wider at the base yet on the touchpad the pyramid is skinnier and taller. This makes me think that the wider objects on the iPad is what makes it harder to get around a corner or drive your tank through a spot (say between a dead tank and a wall) that you should easily fit but I constantly get stuck. This may also be why my beagles seem to explode for no reason, especially if they are close to a wall.

Overall the playing experience is much better on the touchpad (even my droid but screen too small). I really look forward to the sign in feature so I can steal the wifes touch pad and start doing some real damage... maybe even give Soccerfu a run for his money.

oh ya and the best reason... I played about 30 games and not once did it crash!!!!The touchpad prevails again. About giving me a run for the money. GOOD luck with that one!!!!:D:D

TPNFRC
12-14-2011, 02:38 PM
The touchpad prevails again. About giving me a run for the money. GOOD luck with that one!!!!:D:D

I have to say Soccerfu is good, very good! I finally got to play with you in something besides Beagle mode and you rocked. About giving you a run for your money, I know of one person that will! You will find out very soon! I'll give you a hint look at world rankings and see who is climbing up and up fast! Btw it is not me. I for sure have room for improvement to get to your level. Trying my best to do that!

Im out see ya!

yellow
12-14-2011, 03:26 PM
The touchpad prevails again. About giving me a run for the money. GOOD luck with that one!!!!:D:D

Don't worry soccer your points are safe... At least from me. I just want to have a fairer fight ingame and not get slaughtered as usual.

TPNFRC
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Don't worry soccer your points are safe... At least from me. I just want to have a fairer fight ingame and not get slaughtered as usual.

Yo Yellow!

Play, at night lots of good player online. Most of the Vip games are fair and most of the time come down to one kill to win the game for both sides.

yellow
12-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Yo Yellow!

Play, at night lots of good player online. Most of the Vip games are fair and most of the time come down to one kill to win the game for both sides.

Hey TPNFRC, I try and play with those tanks as often as I can. I will try and get on tonight between 6 and 8 for a while. I've actually been playing a lot less lately because the issues I have with my iPad is making me nuts. Every time i start to get some momentum and win some points I crash at least 2 to 3 times per night and I get whacked for 100+ points each time. The crashing seems to get worse when there is alot of action and explosions (like in the VIP games). Im hoping Seth gets the crashing fixed and implements the login feature soon so I can waste as much time as possible on Tanked.

maybe ill catch you later

TPNFRC
12-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Seth,

There is a big big problem tonight. First of all I have never seen or experience the lag I did tonight. I played a game where It said lost connection and took me to a screen showing all players name n kills. Also that no point gained or lost. So I thought everyone lost connection because this does happen, and when it does I see the final score screen.

I get a message from a player from my team asking if we won, I said we all lost connection. He said look at my points. I did and I lost about 40 pts. Come to find out One of my teammates didn't lose connection n we lost. Fair enough but why did I see the final score screen no pts gained or lost.

Next played another game n won, won big 8 to 1. I get a message from my teammate that he lost 15 pts for no reason. I looked at my points and again I lost 30 pts. What is going on?! I lost about 70 pts for no reason.

I bet a lot of player playing tonite will experience this. This is a very very big bug

TPNFC

Seth
12-15-2011, 04:38 AM
Hmm, well, it could be a bug in the latest patch, anybody else seeing weird things with points?

The server hasn't crashes or anything, and remember you can do /stats to see the server load - if this is < 1 it probably means the lag isn't because the server is processing logs or something.

Also, not saying this is what happened, but keep in mind if you were kicked out of a game, it could still take 5 minutes to finish, and may be confusing if you had just won in a different game, then the point loss from the first game gets removed.

I'd like to setup a message log so you can easily see all messages with stuff like that, even if you weren't connected at the time, to make things clearer.

soccerfu
12-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Hmm, well, it could be a bug in the latest patch, anybody else seeing weird things with points?

The server hasn't crashes or anything, and remember you can do /stats to see the server load - if this is < 1 it probably means the lag isn't because the server is processing logs or something.

Also, not saying this is what happened, but keep in mind if you were kicked out of a game, it could still take 5 minutes to finish, and may be confusing if you had just won in a different game, then the point loss from the first game gets removed.

I'd like to setup a message log so you can easily see all messages with stuff like that, even if you weren't connected at the time, to make things clearer. Nope i haven't seen anything weird with the points except that i am losing a lot less.

TPNFRC
12-15-2011, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=Seth;17764]Hmm, well, it could be a bug in the latest patch, anybody else seeing weird things with points?

I'd like to setup a message log so you can easily see all messages with stuff like that, even if you weren't connected at the time, to make things clearer.[/QUOTE

Hey Seth,

Thanks for the quick reply! Regarding the 5 mins mentioned above, I never play back to back games. After each match I always enter a private room where I take a 2 to 10 min break.

I know sometimes players get kicked from a game because they lost connection, happens all the time. I know because while I'm still in the game they send me a message letting me know they didn't quit but lost connection. This has happen to me before as well, but I never see the final score screen if I'm the only one that lost connection. When everyone losing connection is where you see the final score screen, no points gained and lost.

Regarding Soccerfu comment that the point system is fine, I agree. I have no problem losing point if I lose. But in this case I lost point when I won. Also I have only had this problem last night between 10 PM - 11 PM Est time. Soccerfu was not online during this time frame so that why it did not affect him.

Some players that were online are Scope, Roadkill, Yourself, ChoduRam,

Hope this will help. For myself, not worried at all, will gain the 70 pts back in a game or two but for lower ranks this could be discouraging

Roadkill
12-15-2011, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=Seth;17764]Hmm, well, it could be a bug in the latest patch, anybody else seeing weird things with points?

I'd like to setup a message log so you can easily see all messages with stuff like that, even if you weren't connected at the time, to make things clearer.[/QUOTE

Hey Seth,

Thanks for the quick reply! Regarding the 5 mins mentioned above, I never play back to back games. After each match I always enter a private room where I take a 2 to 10 min break.

I know sometimes players get kicked from a game because they lost connection, happens all the time. I know because while I'm still in the game they send me a message letting me know they didn't quit but lost connection. This has happen to me before as well, but I never see the final score screen if I'm the only one that lost connection. When everyone losing connection is where you see the final score screen, no points gained and lost.

Regarding Soccerfu comment that the point system is fine, I agree. I have no problem losing point if I lose. But in this case I lost point when I won. Also I have only had this problem last night between 10 PM - 11 PM Est time. Soccerfu was not online during this time frame so that why it did not affect him.

Some players that were online are Scope, Roadkill, Yourself, ChoduRam,

Hope this will help. For myself, not worried at all, will gain the 70 pts back in a game or two but for lower ranks this could be discouraging

I thought I was going nuts!!! Yes, I was in the game with you and was shown the screen where we all lost connection and zero points. I played a couple of games after that and then quit for about 45 mins. Logged back on and I was down to 414 from 435. (I know because that was my high score to date) I knew I had not been on for quite some time and had not lost any recent games. I wondered what had happened...or was I going nuts.

Roadkill

TPNFRC
12-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Hi Seth,

I'm sure there is a problem now. I just played a game about 5 mins ago. It stated I lost connection and took me to the Final Score Screen showing no points gained or lost. I waited 5 mins and saw that my pts increased by 8. So in this case some of my teammates where still in the game and won.

I have been noticing in games more players are leaving before it ends. I'm sure they are not quitting but what happened above happens to them.

Maybe something to do with the new patches.

Now this is not good because now when I play I have to make sure I have all good teammates just in case I get kicked or the majority of my team gets kicked. This is just going to make it very bad for all white and green level players. I don't mind playing with them as long as I'm in the game because I know how I perform.

I'm sure other players are noticing more tankers are leaving in the middle of the game than usual.

Something is very wrong! I have been playing for sometime now and this is the first of this so it has nothing to do on my side such as internet connection, device(Touchpad), etc.

TPNFRC

soccerfu
12-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Hi Seth,

I'm sure there is a problem now. I just played a game about 5 mins ago. It stated I lost connection and took me to the Final Score Screen showing no points gained or lost. I waited 5 mins and saw that my pts increased by 8. So in this case some of my teammates where still in the game and won.

I have been noticing in games more players are leaving before it ends. I'm sure they are not quitting but what happened above happens to them.

Maybe something to do with the new patches.

Now this is not good because now when I play I have to make sure I have all good teammates just in case I get kicked or the majority of my team gets kicked. This is just going to make it very bad for all white and green level players. I don't mind playing with them as long as I'm in the game because I know how I perform.

I'm sure other players are noticing more tankers are leaving in the middle of the game than usual.

Something is very wrong! I have been playing for sometime now and this is the first of this so it has nothing to do on my side such as internet connection, device(Touchpad), etc.

TPNFRC I know i use the same device as you do and my internet connection is lost so much of its quality. now on a scale from 1 to 10 before it was a 8. Now it is an 4. I am going to stop playing until this is fixed. I mean sometimes i am right next to the source of internet(like 2 inches) and it still loses connection.

TPNFRC
12-16-2011, 01:31 AM
I know i use the same device as you do and my internet connection is lost so much of its quality. now on a scale from 1 to 10 before it was a 8. Now it is an 4. I am going to stop playing until this is fixed. I mean sometimes i am right next to the source of internet(like 2 inches) and it still loses connection.

Soccerfu the problem is not on our end, there is something wrong with the app. I also did a speed test on my internet for down and upload speed and it is well above average. I have never had this problem before.

I know your where online tonight and saw what I was talking about, people leaving game like crazy. I'm also concerned about playing until this is fixed and I'm sure other tankers will feel the same once they catch on

Roadkill
12-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Soccerfu the problem is not on our end, there is something wrong with the app. I also did a speed test on my internet for down and upload speed and it is well above average. I have never had this problem before.

I know your where online tonight and saw what I was talking about, people leaving game like crazy. I'm also concerned about playing until this is fixed and I'm sure other tankers will feel the same once they catch on

Noticed the same thing tonight...just figured ????
I just checked my points and wow...down again for no reason! Have not been online for over an hour. The Gods will just not let me break 500. The last game I was in started with a lot of players....then only a few were left, then the connection broke. I just fired up the TP and see where I am below where I thought I was an hour ago.

rawmilk
12-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Sup fellas,

I just played a couple games and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I was however, playing with Santa and noticed he left in the middle of 2 or 3 games. Not sure if he was getting booted or what. I will play a bit more later and report back.

rawmilk
12-16-2011, 03:18 AM
On a side note, I was playing maze (the small 2v2 map that is a square and gray) and spawned in the wall twice. The left rear tread was stuck in the wall and I couldn't move. Did get a screen shot and it only happened twice, so maybe it was a fluke.

soccerfu
12-16-2011, 12:07 PM

I know your where online tonight and saw what I was talking about, people leaving game like crazy. I'm also concerned about playing until this is fixed and I'm sure other tankers will feel the same once they catch on I know its the app. My internet was working just fine until about 3 days ago.:mad:

TPNFRC
12-16-2011, 11:23 PM
OK I have been watching my point since the issue started. I just lost connection in a game. We were winning score 3 to 1. I know how many pts I had before the game and haven't lost connection until this game. I go to my private room and see I lost about 15 points for no reason. I went straight into private room after lost connection, so I know the game hasn't ended yet goal was 20. People are losing points for no reason. This is a fact, no if ands and buts. It is happening. This really going to mess up the enjoyment of the game

Seth
12-17-2011, 12:32 AM
As far as networking - nothing has changed on the server with networking AFAIK.

We were winning score 3 to 1. I know how many pts I had before the game and haven't lost connection until this game. I go to my private room and see I lost about 15 points for no reason - I went straight into private room after lost connection, so I know the game hasn't ended yet goal was 20.

How do you know the game hadn't ended yet? If everyone from one team left, the game will end instantly, which is the only time points are added/removed.

I'll try to duplicate this and see what happens for me.

TPNFRC
12-17-2011, 12:43 AM
As far as networking - nothing has changed on the server with networking AFAIK.

How do you know the game hadn't ended yet? If everyone from one team left, the game will end instantly, which is the only time points are added/removed.

I'll try to duplicate this and see what happens for me.

What are the odds that everyone on my team, which were mostly high ranks, would leave the game

rawmilk
12-17-2011, 05:35 PM
OK I have been watching my point since the issue started. I just lost connection in a game. We were winning score 3 to 1. I know how many pts I had before the game and haven't lost connection until this game. I go to my private room and see I lost about 15 points for no reason. I went straight into private room after lost connection, so I know the game hasn't ended yet goal was 20. People are losing points for no reason. This is a fact, no if ands and buts. It is happening. This really going to mess up the enjoyment of the game

Same thing just happened to me. It seems that the "lost connection" happens more often in Town than anywhere else. It was in a team game that was set to 20, score was 8 to 9. I lost connection, went straight to the VIP lobby and lost 23 points.

Lag in Town also appears to be getting worse.

Another game, it was 3 against me and the score was 18 to 19. They killed me and I turned into a dead zombie and then it said "lost connection" at which point the game ended (i am assuming because I left and they won by default) and I lost points. I understand this scenario, just saying that it sucks because I would have probably won that game. This happened in Egypt.

rawmilk
12-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Just a quick update from yesterday:

I was playing a team game in egypt? maybe town..?

Anyway, there was 8 players. I was on one team and TPNFRC was on the other. TPs team was up by 2 points and the game lost connection. TP and I confirmed that everyone lost connection via Private Message. Although the scoring system said no one gained or lost points, TP gained points and I lost 30.

What I am guessing happened is that the system looks to see who had the highest score and then awards the win to that team. Compare it to a game where the other team completely quits and you win by default, the same concept applies here.

Or maybe what happens is that not everyone gets booted (loses connection) at the same exact moment, thus the last player to lose connection gets the win, even though it appears that everyone loses connection at the same time.....

Anywho, this is not very equitable to either teams and needs to be resolved.

Gracias Amigos!

yellow
12-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Anyone having issues with beagles? I have them blow up if im anywhere near an object. I have the blow up as soon as I hit the beagle button and im not near anything. Ive had on 2 separate occasions tonight go directly through a tank and not do anything... one of the times it was in the pyramid as the other tank was coming towards me leaving the pyramid.

Crashing seems to be getting worse. In the last 2 nights ive crashed at least 10 times (out of maybe 40 games) ive gone from 1400 points to 600 during that time and im very quickly losing interest in Tanked. Its too buggy... im sure some people are doing fine and I see many gaining in points but im not one of the lucky ones. Im contemplating just going to the tavern and gambling my points away and becoming a white until Seth gets this worked out.

I know wa wa wa im crying about it... yup I am, its a free game and yes its great but its making me nuts and i may just step away for a while.

yellow will be white soon!

yellow
12-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Anyone having issues with beagles? I have them blow up if im anywhere near an object. I have the blow up as soon as I hit the beagle button and im not near anything. Ive had on 2 separate occasions tonight go directly through a tank and not do anything... one of the times it was in the pyramid as the other tank was coming towards me leaving the pyramid.

Crashing seems to be getting worse. In the last 2 nights ive crashed at least 10 times (out of maybe 40 games) ive gone from 1400 points to 600 during that time and im very quickly losing interest in Tanked. Its too buggy... im sure some people are doing fine and I see many gaining in points but im not one of the lucky ones. Im contemplating just going to the tavern and gambling my points away and becoming a white until Seth gets this worked out.

I know wa wa wa im crying about it... yup I am, its a free game and yes its great but its making me nuts and i may just step away for a while.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! After losing a couple hundred more points I played my last 400 in the casino and now I'm at 0!!!!!

rawmilk
12-20-2011, 05:20 PM

I am right there with you, but I keep reminding myself it is just a game.......

I have recently witnessed dogs walking through tanks but I assumed that it was because of lag and that the tank already moved..... Never encountered an isolated incident like you saw in the pyramid.

Crashing seems to be hit or miss for me. Last night I played for 2 hours and didn't lose connection once, although lag was pretty bad. The night before I lost connection maybe 4 times in an hour.

I will rant with you that it sucks how some seem to continually raise their reputation points and others struggle. Last night I went up to 1100 only to lose a bunch of team lobby games which dropped me to 700. Most of these games I was thrown into where teams were already lop-sided = 3 whites and me playing all colors.

I think the major fix to this would be an updated scoring system in team lobby games. The win to loss distribution of points is not equitable to those with a high rank. An idea would be a 25% split between winning and losing instead of a 300% split. An example: if I win I get 7 points and if I lose 10 are taken away.

I don't care if I lose points, its part of the game, but I absolutely hate having to dig myself out of a hole when playing in team lobby.

Keep your head up yellow and keep plugging away. Consistency and persistence is key for players like us.

Blitz
12-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Just a quick update from yesterday:

I was playing a team game in egypt? maybe town..?

Anyway, there was 8 players. I was on one team and TPNFRC was on the other. TPs team was up by 2 points and the game lost connection. TP and I confirmed that everyone lost connection via Private Message. Although the scoring system said no one gained or lost points, TP gained points and I lost 30.

What I am guessing happened is that the system looks to see who had the highest score and then awards the win to that team. Compare it to a game where the other team completely quits and you win by default, the same concept applies here.

Or maybe what happens is that not everyone gets booted (loses connection) at the same exact moment, thus the last player to lose connection gets the win, even though it appears that everyone loses connection at the same time.....

Anywho, this is not very equitable to either teams and needs to be resolved.

Gracias Amigos!

I too, was part of that fight, lost connection and 30+ points. Could the game be giving the win to the side of the side of the last player who's disconnection gets processed?

Seth
12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
I too, was part of that fight, lost connection and 30+ points. Could the game be giving the win to the side of the side of the last player who's disconnection gets processed?

Yep, that's how it does it.

Blitz
12-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Wanted to report that twice today I saw a beagle hit a wall and instead of detonating, it proceeded to slide along the wall. I've not seen that before today, but didn't think that was intended.

Anyway, I thought it was cool, as it was my Beagle. The poor sap who thought he had evaded it, only to have it crawl down the wall and kill him probably didn't. :D

rawmilk
12-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Yep, that's how it does it.

I don't think this is fair. Can you set it up so that no points are awarded? Probably difficult to program someone who quits vs. someone who loses connection.

Today we were playing and it was 7-0, my team. Everyone lost connection but the other team won, thus taking 30 some pts from me.

rawmilk
12-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Regarding beagles, I also saw a beagle pass right through someone today. It actually cost me the game and some 30 pts. It was a newb, we both shot beagles at the same time. His hit me and mine passed through him.

Also, in hedge, I encountered getting stuck in the wall again. As soon as I spawn my left rear tread is stuck in the wall.

Thanks Seth, keep up the good work.

soccerfu
12-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Wanted to report that twice today I saw a beagle hit a wall and instead of detonating, it proceeded to slide along the wall. I've not seen that before today, but didn't think that was intended.

Anyway, I thought it was cool, as it was my Beagle. The poor sap who thought he had evaded it, only to have it crawl down the wall and kill him probably didn't. :DYeah i think this sounds cool too.

soccerfu
12-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't think this is fair. Can you set it up so that no points are awarded? Probably difficult to program someone who quits vs. someone who loses connection.

Today we were playing and it was 7-0, my team. Everyone lost connection but the other team won, thus taking 30 some pts from me.I think this is plenty fair.

Willboii232
04-21-2013, 05:43 PM
1. Not being able to get on this is not a bug they keep lowering the game copacity this is so anoying because I can't play the game any more

2. Keep getting kicked of because of the capacity

LOLKidz117.
04-24-2013, 02:42 PM
I was in a game playing and everything was going crazy everyone was spawning in side each other. Everyone that died youd end up spawning inside someone that died to it was pretty crazy but Fun(: just wanted to share this :sweatdrop:

skullking
04-24-2013, 10:37 PM
I was in a game playing and everything was going crazy everyone was spawning in side each other. Everyone that died youd end up spawning inside someone that died to it was pretty crazy but Fun(: just wanted to share this :sweatdrop:

that is sick man