PDA

View Full Version : Signature Character Limit

minha1234
12-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Well, I just found out that signatures couldn't be over 500 characters, and I have a suggestion - is there any chance that the limit could be expanded a bit?

I know that you don't want long signatures all over the place, but although my current signature fits, a quote that I'd prefer to add to my signature is well over 500 characters, what with the spaces and punctuation and all.

It's not very long though, just about the size of a paragraph. 20790 That's the size, and I'm pretty sure it won't up too much space (compared to some signature pictures).

Hopefully you'll take this into consideration.

Gusto
12-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I also would like to have the signature limit expanded, I don't think it's right for people to have worthless photos of what clan they're in instead of a paragraph that fits the same space and has a story/meaning behind it. I could live with 1000 characters. Maybe the limit should deal with how high the text/pic/link is instead of the letters within.

I tried to add a story about a boy and his father with their donkey, it
Was well over 500 characters ._.

+1

minha1234
12-03-2013, 04:19 AM
I also would like to have the signature limit expanded, I don't think it's right for people to have worthless photos of what clan they're in instead of a paragraph that fits the same space and has a story/meaning behind it. I could live with 1000 characters. Maybe the limit should deal with how high the text/pic/link is instead of the letters within.

I tried to add a story about a boy and his father with their donkey, it
Was well over 500 characters ._.

+1

I agree. Some signature pictures take up way more space than a paragraph that has over 500 characters would.

Aaanyway, I was experimenting and I found another rule for the signature: "Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters including BB code markup."

I think maybe only that rule should exist instead of the one mentioned in this thread, because I can make my signature 1000 characters including the codes with some.. editing. Ahh, I'm just going to email Seth about it.

Nicky
12-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Yes, Great thread.Some kids Signiture is HYGe

DeathAngelz
12-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Not saying this in a bad way but
Like optimuswhat's signature pic
Not saying that picture is huge but.....THAT PICTURE IS HUGE !?!