PDA

View Full Version : I thought cheaters never prospered?

pentup
11-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Seth,

It seems people are using 2 phones (using a friend's phone and their own) to cheat on the game. They start in team mode, and the person in cahoots either just sits there to die constantly, or leaves after the first point is scored. So there you are, 2 versus 1 (or 3 versus 1 if the person just sits to die 6 times) with no prayer in the world. Seems unfair. Is there a way to track kill/death ratios and ban those with 0 kills and 1,000 deaths? Or people that don't complete games EVER? Just a thought. I went through the roof as I lost over 200 points over 3 games (I'm only a lowly green), while the exact same "partner" quit every game.

Thanks for listening,
pentup

P.S.
Soccerfu, I HATE you for always playing beagles. haha. (only because I suck at it)

soccerfu
11-18-2011, 12:11 PM
P.S.
Soccerfu, I HATE you for always playing beagles. haha. (only because I suck at it)

Ok ill be sure to set it at beagles when you are around.:D

TPNFRC
11-18-2011, 04:30 PM
This almost happened to me as well! A player, not going to mention his name, in the VIP Team Lobby was tired of waiting for one more player to come so we could start the game. He tried to trick me by entering to room twice so he was on the blue team and red as well. If I didn't catch on what would have happened is that he would have left my team when the game started, or just gotten killed without playing. In the end it would have been 2 vs 1 in VIP, where you gain or lose the most points!

This same player pretty much begs higher ranked player to help him get to purple status (1000 pts plus).

This very sad in my mind. Playing this game is very fun and I think everyone should try to get to the next status but they should do it with their own effort!

Blitz
11-20-2011, 09:34 PM
I have to agree, this is becoming an issue. I went through a rough patch yesterday where I got paired with the dead weight partners. Losing lots of points when your "partner" never moves and simply racks up deaths for the other team sucks. I'd put this at happening 1 out of every 4 matches.

I'm on to it now though. ;)

dontshoot
11-21-2011, 05:11 AM
happened to me too. twice in a row. the person talks on the chatroom but when i asked why don't you move, they are silent.. :(

hmm now that i think of it, its quite a big deal, its easy to cheat as the game is on a lot of devices. i've got a TP and 2 iphone at home..

also i've seen people leaves as soon as game started, making the team unbalance! they might be cheating, or not.. but at the time there is a lot of holes in team mode..

Seth
11-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Hmm, I believe I could probably write an algorithm to detect this behavior on the server and ban devices used as "dummies". Or possible add a /complain <user name> option and if enough people complain about someone... although that can be abused too.

soccerfu
11-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Hmm, I believe I could probably write an algorithm to detect this behavior on the server and ban devices used as "dummies". Or possible add a /complain <user name> option and if enough people complain about someone... although that can be abused too

What about if some one thinks this is happening to them they can report it here in a special thread? But then again this can be abused too.

Coalition
11-29-2011, 06:03 PM
happened to me too. twice in a row. the person talks on the chatroom but when i asked why don't you move, they are silent.. :(

hmm now that i think of it, its quite a big deal, its easy to cheat as the game is on a lot of devices. i've got a TP and 2 iphone at home..

also i've seen people leaves as soon as game started, making the team unbalance! they might be cheating, or not.. but at the time there is a lot of holes in team mode..

This has happened to me as well in several games with a particular user. I think I have a few names that fit this precise category. However, while that user used to remain frozen, I think he is a) now periodically moving in the game, or b) has another lesser mule moving for him (his dog, maybe) precisely to avoid any sort of filter Seth designs to snare this behavior or otherwise not arouse suspicion.

Other behavior includes strange sexual taunting/baiting from this user, and leaving the game right after start to skew the results.

Blast07
11-30-2011, 08:36 AM
frozen tanks not always means cheating. sometimes ago I killed some frozen high ranked tanks - purple and blue. I believe it is due to connection / respawning issue.