PDA

View Full Version : Higher Score Setting

soccerfu
11-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Hey Seth what about moving up the goal set to about 15 or 20. Some of us want to have longer games or maybe even a timed game room...

Seth
11-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Yep, that feature should be coming soon. (Timed games, instead of a max score.. and because of this, score can go down for dying.. more fair) I'm sort of stuck on some other work right now, but I've been planning that one for awhile.

soccerfu
11-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Yep, that feature should be coming soon. (Timed games, instead of a max score.. and because of this, score can go down for dying.. more fair) I'm sort of stuck on some other work right now, but I've been planning that one for awhile.

I don't like the idea of dying affecting your score. A couple of times ( maybe even usually) I get only one kill per death. If i finished like that in one of the timed games that you are describing I would end up with a score of zero and loose 200 points. Unless it would be a separate room then I would be fine with that( wouldn't go into the room much but still I would be OK with that). In my mind games like those would be very hard to win. I mean even sometimes me and other high ranks have a bad game and die like two times without getting one kill. One question is could you have a negative score. Like if someone dies 4 times but only gets two kills. As of right now I do not like that unless you can improve it and make it sound better.

Seth
11-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Yes, you could get a negative score. This simple change will have the effect of less kamakazi type moves and more hiding and item hoarding. Will be interesting to see.

soccerfu
11-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Yes, you could get a negative score. This simple change will have the effect of less kamazi type moves and more hiding and item hoarding. Will be interesting to see.

So we are pretty much your test monkeys? Also I have already gotten good at the item hoarding. Playing to much hardcore matches.

Seth
11-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Well, yeah. :sweatdrop: I mean, if you're a game designer and make a game, you are going to want to improve it..! If it ends up being less fun, I'll take it out. Old mode will still be around either way.

soccerfu
11-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Well, yeah. :sweatdrop: I mean, if you're a game designer and make a game, you are going to want to improve it..! If it ends up being less fun, I'll take it out. Old mode will still be around either way.

Yeah I guess that makes since.:o