PDA

View Full Version : possible cheat bug

dontshoot
11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
I was playing with someone and he somehow found a way to cheat in team mode.. When I say cheat he can make the game start unbalance. 2vs1 , 3 times in a row he did this. And he always write 2 vs 1 in the chat window. Seth you can check the log if its available. I`M not sure how he did this but he sort of left and join for couple of times. Once game started he always says 2vs1 and the server seems doing some auto kick , it must have think that there is someone on my team but couldn't find him? That's probably why he join and left And join again quickly?
. And in one occassion he wrote to his team mate don't leave. Indicating he is aware of what is going on. I'm pretty pist. At first it was two whites vs me , I won. Then its me vs him + a green , and I lost.

seth please confirm. I think his nickname was gunkiller. One game was me vs him + kickass, don't think kickass was involved in this scheme.

soccerfu
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I was playing with someone and he somehow found a way to cheat in team mode.. When I say cheat he can make the game start unbalance. 2vs1 , 3 times in a row he did this. And he always write 2 vs 1 in the chat window. Seth you can check the log if its available. I`M not sure how he did this but he sort of left and join for couple of times. Once game started he always says 2vs1 and the server seems doing some auto kick , it must have think that there is someone on my team but couldn't find him? That's probably why he join and left And join again quickly?
. And in one occassion he wrote to his team mate don't leave. Indicating he is aware of what is going on. I'm pretty pist. At first it was two whites vs me , I won. Then its me vs him + a green , and I lost.

seth please confirm. I think his nickname was gunkiller. One game was me vs him + kickass, don't think kickass was involved in this scheme.

That is weird I have played him before but he never did this to me. Must have just recently started doing it.:o

Roadkill
11-27-2011, 09:11 PM
recently I have on 2 occasions had to play 2 players vs 1. I am too new to know otherwise, or that the system was not meant to work that way. I just figured the computer allowed it and I had to deal with it. I remember clearly seeing only 3 players total listed in the game.

Roadkill

dontshoot
11-27-2011, 09:46 PM
hi soccerfu, yes gunkiller that i fought was still a white, hope i remember his nickname correctly. if kickass is in the forum and he can remember he can probably confirm the name.

roadkill, as far as i know the system don't allow it to launch until even number of player is reached. however there have been instances that people quit as soon as game started, making it unbalance. However this bug that i encountered, made it so you don't need a dummy player to make the team unbalance. (2vs1, or who knows maybee 3vs2, 4vs3)

on another matter, i know it has been discussed before, probably need some checking algorithm to re-arrange players. i'm getting tired of people switching to the strongest side. i don't mind if its a little unbalance with the power. but often its just a massacre, eg 4 greens vs 4 whitets??

soccerfu
11-27-2011, 10:01 PM
another matter, i know it has been discussed before, probably need some checking algorithm to re-arrange players. i'm getting tired of people switching to the strongest side. i don't mind if its a little unbalance with the power. but often its just a massacre, eg 4 greens vs 4 whitets??
I hate it when that happens. I was just playing and all the purples kept following me to my side because they saw that I was #2 in the world.

dontshoot
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
oh yes this also happened yesterday, i think its cool hahaha..
was killed, respawned, and i was merged with another tank. couldn't move, but i could rotate my turret. i might have been merged with another player?? anyhow i noticed 1 other player left, and i could move again, not sure if he leaving made me able to move again.

notice also the red horizontal bar on the middle.

Roadkill
11-27-2011, 10:15 PM
I hate that as well. However, I will say, having just started 3 wks ago...I NOW find it very frustrating when I have whites on my side that don't even move their tanks or shoot...talk about road kill. I lose to many points because they have no clue what to do. If you win, you get maybe 2 or 3 points...just not worth it. So I now understand both sides.

Seth
11-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Hmm, one question - tanks that quit early in team games or sit and do nothing - how many career points do they have? Very low probably. Hmm, an "auto sorting" of teams based on CP may fix this problem.

Also - I believe I can fix the bug where you can sort of create a "ghost" of yourself in a lobby, so that will fix that part.

dontshoot
11-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi seth, yes they are usually still whites.
i have a suggestion, i know that now there aren't a lot of people playing, soo.. how about splitting team games into two..

so
1 when they are still whites, they will only fight whites.. ( so its for people to learn about the game )
2 once they reach 100 and become green, they fights the colour people, when the CP drops under 100 . go back to #1

this will fix a lot of things.
1 people that have dummy player to be shoot at (let them do this, as once they reach 100, they wont be able to do this, as no low CP is able to join) and with dummy player they will only gain a little points so its not worth the effort.
2 make people switch less, as they know they are partnering with people that has been playing at least 3 weeks?

soccerfu
11-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi seth, yes they are usually still whites.
i have a suggestion, i know that now there aren't a lot of people playing, soo.. how about splitting team games into two..

so
1 when they are still whites, they will only fight whites.. ( so its for people to learn about the game )
2 once they reach 100 and become green, they fights the colour people, when the CP drops under 100 . go back to #1

this will fix a lot of things.
1 people that have dummy player to be shoot at (let them do this, as once they reach 100, they wont be able to do this, as no low CP is able to join) and with dummy player they will only gain a little points so its not worth the effort.
2 make people switch less, as they know they are partnering with people that has been playing at least 3 weeks?
I like this idea. I am sure Seth does too. But then again i do not. usually i play team games with almost all whites soo that wouldnt be fair. Just let the whites battle it out and i sit there doing nothing?

dontshoot
11-27-2011, 10:46 PM
soccerfu, what i meant was the system automatically split up people who join teams into those 2 categories.
so for you , you wouldn't be able to fight whites.

so if you are whites you are automatically be ushered to a white team games.
and for coloured ppl , you wouldn't be able to fight whites in team games, as you are automatically ushered into the coloured team games

Seth
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
how about splitting team games into two..

Well, I had the same idea but for most of the day there aren't enough players to do this.. you have to way too long for a team game. So "VIP auto sorting" turns on when there are a lot of players. (It activates for both team and normal games..) However, 100+ players can join the VIP team room at any time, it should keep out <100 CP, the problem is there isn't anybody to play with usually.

dontshoot
11-27-2011, 10:58 PM
seth, oh i see. i tried to enter the VIP lounge but no one is ever there. :(
hopefully more people play this awesome game :)

soccerfu
11-28-2011, 01:21 AM
seth, oh i see. i tried to enter the VIP lounge but no one is ever there. :(
hopefully more people play this awesome game :)
I agree with you dontshoot. more people should play this awesome game.

Wagwan/Noobie
08-15-2012, 09:58 AM
I agree. Seth, might you consider some small advertising? I've done a bit, telling my friends about it, etc, but I think we need some more players from outside USA. Whenever it is night in America, there is always less than 20 people online.

Also, it wasn't always like that. A few weeks ago, the number of people dropped sharply. Is there any reason for this?

Seth
08-17-2012, 12:39 AM
I agree. Seth, might you consider some small advertising? I've done a bit, telling my friends about it, etc, but I think we need some more players from outside USA. Whenever it is night in America, there is always less than 20 people online.

Well, I've never really had success with advertising (doesn't pay for itself..) but maybe I should try it sometime with Tanked.

Also, it wasn't always like that. A few weeks ago, the number of people dropped sharply. Is there any reason for this?

I definitely saw the decrease too, maybe something to with summer break? Not sure