PDA

View Full Version : Issues with a Pre 2?

Coalition
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Using WebOS on a Pre2...

Has anyone had issues with their turret instantaneously spinning 180 degrees while in the middle of a firefight, and not being able to get going forward again without significant thumb pressure? This happens to me occasionally, and usually when in a large game, and under pressure. :sweatdrop: I don't think it's dry finger, because I rub my thumbs across my forehead to get some oil on them (gross, I know, but it works), so it may be lack of skill, too. Could I be wearing out my touch display?

Blast07
12-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I know that. And I observed that in two situations:
- dry fingers or dry spot on the screen - I can move tank but but can't rotate turret - in this case I rub whole screen with paper hankderchief.
- In some cases Pre2 haven't enough power for managing 3D graphics and FPS significantly slows down. It appears on Arena / Egypt map when I'm under heavy fire (8 tanks on the map). In this case I do nothing, just waiting for death :)

Coalition
12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I know that. And I observed that in two situations:
- dry fingers or dry spot on the screen - I can move tank but but can't rotate turret - in this case I rub whole screen with paper handkerchief.
- In some cases Pre2 haven't enough power for managing 3D graphics and FPS significantly slows down. It appears on Arena / Egypt map when I'm under heavy fire (8 tanks on the map). In this case I do nothing, just waiting for death :)

Interesting. The Pre2s lack of graphics power may be a good reason for the control lockup, but I don't think I've experienced my FPS degrading, just the control issue.

UPDATE: My buddy here, Stryker, just noticed the exact same thing on his Android (I think it's a new Samsung). His turret flipped around several times while we were both being slaughtered (just lost 5 in a row = -90 points!). So I don't think it's related to just my Pre2. I also notice that getting going forward again after this happens is extremely difficult, and usually a reboot is necessary.

Now, if I could get my turret to flip backwards when I actually wanted to, that would be a great trick. Like the old jump - spin - switch to rockets - shoot down at pursuer macro we wrote in Quake...

PS I don't think I mind so much losing to anyone posting in this forum. You all seem courteous and straightforward. I'm looking at you, tpnfrnc. What does that stand for, anyway?