PDA

View Full Version : teammates gone why do they get points?

soccerfu
12-04-2011, 04:30 PM
hey Seth why when someone leaves (in team games) they still get a part of the winnings? I do not think this is fair because when this happens to me they get like 23 points even though they didn't deserve them. Could you please change it to where if they leave from a game and they are on the winning side they would not get any points. I will post a screenshot later. Please look in to this Seth. :sweatdrop: I do not like giving points to noobs who didn't earn them.:mad:

dontshoot
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM
I agree

+1 :)

Blast07
12-04-2011, 10:13 PM
yea, I agree with soccerfu, and I requested that issue sometimes ago.
Seth, please so not give any points for winner who has left game in team game.
Thanks

Seth
12-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Ok...

How about this:

1. If you quit early and your team wins, you get 0 points
2. If you quit early and your team loses, you WILL lose points (to discourage quitting early, which ruins the team game)

BUT: I also will have a special function that examines you when you quit, and if it decides that you played an important role in the game (got some kills, etc) , it WILL give you points if your team wins. You'll be glad of this if you (accidentally) lose connection after getting half your team's kills right before it ends.

soccerfu
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
That sounds very fair to me but what amount of kills would someone have to get to get a part of the points?

Seth
12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
That sounds very fair to me but what amount of kills would someone have to get to get a part of the points?

The metric could look at more than kills - for instance, % of time he was in the game. Hmm, if he really does nothing (or almost nothing) maybe I should not let him collect points either, even if he didn't quit... (might help with the issue of people using a second account to cheat)

soccerfu
12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
The metric could look at more than kills - for instance, % of time he was in the game. Hmm, if he really does nothing (or almost nothing) maybe I should not let him collect points either, even if he didn't quit... (might help with the issue of people using a second account to cheat)
That sounds like a great idea. one question though. When will this be in affect?

Seth
12-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Good question.. I'll post it on the tanked page when it's ready. If I get ahead in my (other) work I'll try to get that working soon.

soccerfu
12-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Ok sounds good. cant wait for it to go into affect.

yellow
12-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Sounds good

Blitz
12-06-2011, 11:38 AM
That sounds great Seth!

soccerfu
12-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Sounds good
I know you cant wait a lot of the things that Seth gas planned for after Christmas. like the log-in feature.:)

soccerfu
12-06-2011, 11:59 PM
These are the pictures that what i was talking about:
As you can see these cost me quite a bit of points. especially the one on the right. I would have gotten way more points for that one. Sorry the one on the very bottom under these words is a mess up. Do not view that one please just the two above. :0