PDA

View Full Version : Finally joined.. Question? :)

patriot101
12-21-2011, 10:16 PM
So some of you may know me but probably not cause this is the first time I've posted anything.. :P

Anyway I just had a question about losing connection. Do you lose points if you've lost connection? Because on the page it takes you to it says everyone gets +0 but after I log back on I swear I've lost points. :/ (Sorry if this has been brought up a bunch of times already.. I don't go on these forums much so I don't really know) :(

Also random tangent but what's the point of the whole gambling thing? I don't get it x)

patriot101
12-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Oh and happy holidays everyone!
Free virtual cookie for everyone who posts? =)

Seth
12-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I think the part this is confusing everyone is that it's saying 0 points at the end of the game - but if you are disconnected, keep in mind it's saying 0, because it doesn't know what is actually happening in the game.

I plan to revamp things so when you DO get connected, the server can tell you what happened. Maybe I'll change it to not show 0, but show ??? instead, which disconnected and it doesn't know.

patriot101
12-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks Seth but are you actually supposed to lose points when you get disconnected?

Seth
12-21-2011, 10:45 PM
In a team game, you only lose points if your team loses. (You can also win points after you are disconnected, if your team wins)

In a team game, if all enemy players disconnect, the last remaining player's team automatically wins, REGARDLESS of the current score. (This stops the winning team from all quitting once they get ahead in score)

In a single player game, you won't lose points if you are disconnected RIGHT away, ie, before anybody has scored a point.

In a single player game, you automatically lose, even if you were ahead, if you disconnect in a 2 player game. If other people are also connected, you will keep your score, so although you can't win, you can still get second or third place and possibly not lose points, or lose less than a dramatic loss.

So it's a bit complicated, but it's all done this way to highly discourage people from quitting games. A better solution would be to provide a way to allow a player to reconnect to a game in progress... but that's rather tricky.

soccerfu
12-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey patriot, glad to see that you have joined.

patriot101
12-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Hey soccerfu! We should play each other on beagles sometime =)

soccerfu
12-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I think we have done that plenty of times but it won't hurt to do it again!:D

patriot101
12-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Wait were you on just now? Cause I didn't see you at all

soccerfu
12-23-2011, 09:33 PM
no I wasn't on just now but I will be between 5 and 6 CDT.

tAnkGIRL
01-13-2012, 10:34 PM
I agree with Patriot on this:) i was too lazy to read the whole thing.. lol. i love how everyone on here has the same problems:) very helpful. And Patriot, loving the profile pic. yes i do watch football(:

soccerfu
01-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I watch football to. I am very disappointed with the cowboys!

tAnkGIRL
01-14-2012, 03:22 PM
I watch football to. I am very disappointed with the cowboys!

Haha they lost:( sorry. Lol. Oh, tony romo.