PDA

View Full Version : sigh.. ppl still managed to cheat!

dontshoot
12-29-2011, 11:34 AM
screenshot attached.
cost me 50+pts
this is twice it happened to me! the cheater.. huikun did this after this game again.. so i decide to leave the team lobby.

seth you can check the logs. huikun keeps switching the team to get server to mess up. and make game start with uneven number .. 3 vs 1 in hedge.. if its just whites i can win.., but coloured player.. hmm..

seth please have a look and fix this, since i post this in the forum surely ppl will now try this :(
i like tanked to be cheat free.. shame on him!!!

what happen was
1. 2 player vs 2 player number is reached.
2 huikun switched a number of time.. , not sure what happened first.. either he switch before launching, our after launching.. but server allows it to be 3 vs 1

this has happed twice.... on different occassion.

Seth
12-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Hmm.. I'll fix it so this can't happen ASAP...

Seth
12-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Ok, just did a server update that should make this impossible. Let me know if you see it again...

dontshoot
12-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Thank u seth! :)

Roadkill
01-10-2012, 02:46 AM
I was just in a game with many players (all but 2 got booted) against gambler ue a white player. He had moves like I have never seen...could jump 30 ft while shooting at him. Never had less than 3 or more (?) boxes and out of 8 players it ended up just 2. Then of course I got disconnected and lost points. The guy knew how to play but my guess is he had lots of help. Strange game

dontshoot
01-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Roadkill, in my understanding jumping occurs when that player have bad connection.
Predict where he is going to move and shoot that spot, once the server connects to him hopefully that shots registers and hit him.. if you see opponents jumps, you need to moves, don't sit still.. if he shoot you at the same spot you'll get hit and killed.

If i understand correctly this happens to everyone (lag).. you know when you can move, but everyone is staying still?? when that happens i presume that other opponent will see you jumping ..

correct me if i'm wrong..

Blast07
01-10-2012, 09:45 AM
dontshoot you are right.
I lost many points within two days due to bad conncetion. e.g I were disconnected during game or I see every tanked freezed and of course jumping enemy thanks killed me so many times

Roadkill
01-11-2012, 02:09 AM
This was also about the guy always having a full load of shields, etc. He never came back in the game with less than 3. Now I just played 2 guys in the same game and every time I got killed I came back with nothing....zero. Not only was it the jumps but most the full compliment of boxes and not by getting the 2 behind the towers. I have played long enough to notice the difference.

dontshoot
01-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Roadkill, regarding the box, yes you may be right. but please consider this.. its some trick that i'm using and people might think that a player has more than 3 box..

when i have 3 item.. I use the shield just before getting the 4th item. so if people are battling me directly they might think i have 4 items.. now I know where the boxes are and usually i fight knowing when they will spawn.. if i managed to get that item too now people might think i have 5 boxes.

Regarding respawning with no boxes is a game mode called "hardcore" if its normal its usually called "deathmatch" you probably known this, just checking as you mentioned when you died you don't have any item with you.

I know i have accused people cheating, but with solid proof.
And most of this is cheating using multiple accounts or tricking the server.
For your case, i think its just a little bit unclear.. so just have a little open mind of things.

i've chat with gambler during play... he is white because he gambles his points away.. he mentioned that he lost over 1000 of pts. He is quite good at game play.

hopefully you dont take my reply the wrong way :)

dontshoot
01-11-2012, 04:57 AM
in addition i would say regarding the number of boxes a player can have will be programmed in the server, not in the software of your device.. so unless someone can hack the server, it wont be possible.. ( i'm just wild guessing ) LOL

If seth can shed some light about this this would explain a lot of things ^_^

Seth
01-11-2012, 06:24 AM
in addition i would say regarding the number of boxes a player can have will be programmed in the server, not in the software of your device.. so unless someone can hack the server, it wont be possible..

This is true - so the server can easily notice if someone tries to use an item that the server didn't really give to them. However, I need to check the code to see what the server does if it noticed this.. I'm need to do some security upgrades so it starts banning and logging anything weird it notices.

soccerfu
01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Roadkill, in my understanding jumping occurs when that player have bad connection.
Predict where he is going to move and shoot that spot, once the server connects to him hopefully that shots registers and hit him.. if you see opponents jumps, you need to moves, don't sit still.. if he shoot you at the same spot you'll get hit and killed.

If i understand correctly this happens to everyone (lag).. you know when you can move, but everyone is staying still?? when that happens i presume that other opponent will see you jumping ..

correct me if i'm wrong..Yeah your right. Now the lag problem affects everyone. I am going to stop playing until this gets fixed because i do not want to lose points to lag!

soccerfu
01-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Roadkill, regarding the box, yes you may be right. but please consider this.. its some trick that i'm using and people might think that a player has more than 3 box..

when i have 3 item.. I use the shield just before getting the 4th item. so if people are battling me directly they might think i have 4 items.. now I know where the boxes are and usually i fight knowing when they will spawn.. if i managed to get that item too now people might think i have 5 boxes.Yeah i have gotten accused of that so many times it is getting boring!:D

soccerfu
01-11-2012, 11:07 PM
This is true - so the server can easily notice if someone tries to use an item that the server didn't really give to them. However, I need to check the code to see what the server does if it noticed this.. I'm need to do some security upgrades so it starts banning and logging anything weird it notices.That sounds like you are stepping up on the security Seth!