PDA

View Full Version : New version sneak peek 2

Seth
02-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Making progress... work in progress, not finished.

Tank coins are the method of buying stuff. Earn tank coins by winning.

Coalition
02-21-2012, 03:19 AM

Hmmm. My immediate reaction is: I'm skeptical. Faster tanks for winners, so they keep winning? I'll give it a chance, but I'm not a very good player, and I would need a fast tank just to keep par with blues and purples. "Da rich get richer, da po' get po'er".

boater
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
skeptical.. the simplicity was my attraction... but jury will decide... I applaud the updating tho, thanks for conitinually looking for improvements./
Fatser tanks for the rich... not sure I like

Seth
02-21-2012, 10:19 PM
I've given it a lot of thought and it basically comes down to this: What is going to be more fun?

1. All tanks the same

2. All tanks are roughly the same power, but have different strengths

3. Buy better tanks, so new players will always lose

I think #2 is going to be more fun than #1. #3 was never my plan.

Do you want to be able to make it to the crates first with more speed? Well, ok, but your tank dies in 4 hits instead of 6. Trade-offs, no super tanks.

So the idea is, all tanks are roughly equal overall (this will be tricky to do.. but I will be able to adjust/balance via the server), but have different stats.

"Expensive" tanks are more about rare visuals (special skins, shooting chipmunks instead of beagles, etc) , not extra powers/features.

The screenshot isn't finished btw, the store is going to show actual stats of each tank, still working on it...

yellow
02-22-2012, 12:07 AM
I've given it a lot of thought and it basically comes down to this: What is going to be more fun?

1. All tanks the same

Do you want to be able to make it to the crates first with more speed? Well, ok, but your tank dies in 4 hits instead of 6. Trade-offs, no super tanks.

So the idea is, all tanks are roughly equal overall (this will be tricky to do.. but I will be able to adjust/balance via the server), but have different stats.

"Expensive" tanks are more about rare visuals (special skins, shooting chipmunks instead of beagles, etc) , not extra powers/features.

The screenshot isn't finished btw, the store is going to show actual stats of each tank, still working on it...

That sounds good. You have a good idea with the different strengths and no super tanks... the tank whole visual thing is all about status which will work well for the game. Think about all the emphasis people put on points and what color their name is, well nothing will make you stand out more than shooting chipmunks!

I do have one big question that is brought up alot and im just waiting for confirmation... LogIn feature?

Your changes sound interesting and fun, looking forward to it.

Roadkill
02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Chipmunks you say...sounds like this could be time for "revenge of the RoadKills"...

4 shots to kill...will you be providing faster refreshes of the boxes? If there is no box to be had, speed will really not matter.

how about msg only being displayed to your teammates while in a game.

how about a hyper jump. Say you are getting clobbered by 3 players, you hit the hyperbox, and get transported to another area of the game. Just a thought. Could be a great tool.

And last...not sure if you can even do anything about it...but it just seems you lose to many points for one game. On average, it takes 3 or 4 game wins to equal just one loss...or at least that seems to be my experience.

Coalition
02-22-2012, 06:09 PM

1. All tanks the same

Ah. With your clarification of the picture I am now less alarmed. Your ideas are good, sire! I'm certainly willing to try #2, but the screenshot (albeit unfinished) implies that only a winning player can upgrade. Now, I certainly celebrate excellence in winning, and a winner justly deserves his spoils, I'm just whining since I don't think I'll ever be good enough to do so... But #2 will be fun. Carry on.

Also 100% voting would be nice. And losing less points (that's why I gamble and lose, so that I have less to lose).

darkhawk
03-16-2012, 05:05 PM

I Like It :D Can't Wait To Play!!