PDA

View Full Version : Help! Please :(

MiniLA
12-19-2013, 12:10 PM
I know this is like irrelevant to growtopia but I've been depressed lately because of my sick fish,
My fish has fin rot for several months and my parents won't take me to the fish market to get some medicine for it and it is suffering so much :(. The find are like all half eaten by the rot and the scales are starting to spike out. My fish skin also looks like it is decaying now and I need advice.
I'm thinking about killing my fish but I'm scared of karma.
Someone if you can help me please comment bellow

KayDee
12-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Same thing happened exactly to my fish. Had it for about 8-10 years can't remember and I kept it as a baby. It died after that and floated upside down :( it was there when I was small now no longer :( I don't think you can do anything about it.

Pacific
12-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Kill it, to lessen its suffering. And if a thread is irrelevant to Growtopia... Post it on Rtsoft Tavern :)

Tan Kairui
12-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Release it from it's misery. One way or another, it still has to go, nothing is eternal. Would you rather it feel the pain for the remaing of it's life or make it end quickly. It is a painful decision that you have to make....
This is just my opinion though, not persuading you to end it. So just follow your own decision.

Boomer
12-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Your parents are cruel.

Not only is that fin rot, but dropsy, too.

It may be too late now, because we have a lot of Betta fish and know the symptoms pretty well. The best thing you can do is place him in a small bag and put him in the freezer. It doesn't really hurt and its pretty gentle.

aquadrop
12-19-2013, 02:39 PM
I have a question .. how exactly do you kill a fish?

Valentine
12-19-2013, 03:23 PM
I have a question .. how exactly do you kill a fish?

Take it out of the water, cut it into pieces, throw it into the toilet, and flush. Huehuehue. Have fun.

~Valentine <3

aquadrop
12-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Take it out of the water, cut it into pieces, throw it into the toilet, and flush. Huehuehue. Have fun.

~Valentine <3

I thought you were going to say make sushi but I guess throwing it in the bathroom seeing the pieces floating around before flushing and whenever using that toilet it would haunt you of your fish body parts floating would be fine too. : D

Valentine
12-19-2013, 03:38 PM
I know this is like irrelevant to growtopia but I've been depressed lately because of my sick fish,
My fish has fin rot for several months and my parents won't take me to the fish market to get some medicine for it and it is suffering so much :(. The find are like all half eaten by the rot and the scales are starting to spike out. My fish skin also looks like it is decaying now and I need advice.

Kill it.

~Valentine <3

MiniLA
12-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Kill it.

~Valentine <3

I heard if ending if using clove oil...
Anyways my other fish had like a bubble lump above its head and it kinda defaulted but it is not eating much. Any advice? All my fishes are gold fishes

Bob Will
12-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I can tell,after Studying Aquaculture the fish that looks like it is Decaying is most likely going to die,there will be no saving it.

If animals do not eat,that means they are going to die,Dog's and Cat's tend to do this when they are close to death.

Check the Ph balance and make sure to clean the tank every month to prevent algae growth.

How big is the bubble lump? Is it under the skin?

Valentine
12-19-2013, 11:16 PM
I heard if ending if using clove oil...
Anyways my other fish had like a bubble lump above its head and it kinda defaulted but it is not eating much. Any advice? All my fishes are gold fishes

Look up 'flowerhorn' fish. It has a lump.

~Valentine <3

Jeremy012
12-20-2013, 01:15 AM
Dont forget to make it into SUSHI!

~Mygianthorsie

LittleSirP
12-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Put it out of it's misery.
It even suffers more if you keep him/her alive.
Be brave,kill it with a blindfold or something.
If you can't,just flush it down the toilet.
I never had a pet before.
My mom hates keeping animals.
-Little

MiniLA
12-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Put it out of it's misery.
It even suffers more if you keep him/her alive.
Be brave,kill it with a blindfold or something.
If you can't,just flush it down the toilet.
I never had a pet before.
My mom hates keeping animals.
-Little

My wog friend stabbed her fish that killed her other fish...I wish I was brave enoigh to kill my fish :( I wanna hire her to kill it now :(

Boomer
12-20-2013, 02:15 PM
My wog friend stabbed her fish that killed her other fish...I wish I was brave enoigh to kill my fish :( I wanna hire her to kill it now :(

Like I said, place it in a sandwich bag and stick it the freezer. Its completely painless.

Oh and don't listen to Valentine's advice; that's just mean and also, ugh, disgusting.

Wait; I only watch movies that have explosions and guns; why is cutting a fish up gross??
I'm weird...

Valentine
12-21-2013, 01:46 AM
My fish died today. Hah.

~Valentine <3

LittleSirP
12-21-2013, 11:22 AM
My fish died today. Hah.

~Valentine <3

...Okay.
-Little

RedwoodGirl
12-21-2013, 05:51 PM
I am an expert on anything when it comes to fish. I grew up with fish in almost every room of our house. We have a full 130 gallon saltwater tank, a 50 gallon with Piranhas, a 20 gallon with Mollies, Guppies, and Platys, 30 gallon with 2 Freshwater Puffer-fishes, 20 gallon with a Pinkie, a another 30 gallon with a Pacu, and my tank which is a 100 gallon with an Oscar.
My Oscar has a history with this fin rot. He has been known to be pretty good with the peroxide trick. My parents don't go to the store often, so I usually use this home remedy trick. It works fairly well.
Adjust the water temperature a little warmer than what it usually is, usually 76-78'F. Do daily water changes. Salt at 1.5 tsp (1 1/2tsp) salt per gallon of slightly warmer water. DO NOT USE SALT WITH IODINE! IT CAKES UP AND CAN KILL THE FISH! Mix the salt in a cup with water. Do this for 7-10 days. Make sure it is fully dissolved. If not it will burn the fish. One other surprisingly effective cure is to catch the fish and wipe down the effected area with hydrogen peroxide on a cotton swab, but your best bet is still to get some meds such as maracyn or maracyn+.

Note: If you choose to kill your fish:
Put ice and cold water in a bowl, drop the fish in the bowl with the ice and water. It will not suffer this way.

MiniLA
12-22-2013, 10:29 AM
I am an expert on anything when it comes to fish. I grew up with fish in almost every room of our house. We have a full 130 gallon saltwater tank, a 50 gallon with Piranhas, a 20 gallon with Mollies, Guppies, and Platys, 30 gallon with 2 Freshwater Puffer-fishes, 20 gallon with a Pinkie, a another 30 gallon with a Pacu, and my tank which is a 100 gallon with an Oscar.
My Oscar has a history with this fin rot. He has been known to be pretty good with the peroxide trick. My parents don't go to the store often, so I usually use this home remedy trick. It works fairly well.
Adjust the water temperature a little warmer than what it usually is, usually 76-78'F. Do daily water changes. Salt at 1.5 tsp (1 1/2tsp) salt per gallon of slightly warmer water. DO NOT USE SALT WITH IODINE! IT CAKES UP AND CAN KILL THE FISH! Mix the salt in a cup with water. Do this for 7-10 days. Make sure it is fully dissolved. If not it will burn the fish. One other surprisingly effective cure is to catch the fish and wipe down the effected area with hydrogen peroxide on a cotton swab, but your best bet is still to get some meds such as maracyn or maracyn+.

Note: If you choose to kill your fish:
Put ice and cold water in a bowl, drop the fish in the bowl with the ice and water. It will not suffer this way.

Would salt like table salt be poisonous because I think I have the salt people by for food not sea salt, thinking of like chucking my fish at the Sunday market and giving it out for free but I'm scared a cat might eat it and sick too

- - - Updated - - -

My fish died today. Hah.

~Valentine <3

:'(
Sad life

RedwoodGirl
12-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Table salt is fine. But read the label and make sure there is no anti caking stuff in it. I used table salt for my Oscar 2 months ago. But REMEMBER: Salt at 1.5 tsp (1 1/2tsp) salt per gallon of slightly warmer water. (So, put in 1.5 teaspoons of salt PER gallon of water.) May I ask how many gallons your tank is? Is it a bowl? Or a tank? How many gallons?

I made a table for you here.
1.5 tsp salt for 1 gal
3 tsp salt for 5 gal
15 tsp salt for 10 gal
30 tsp salt for 20 gal

I stopped at 20 gallons, mostly because most people don't have 50 gallon fish tanks as kids... And second of all, 50 gallons and up are hard to get and are very expensive... If the tank is more than 20 gallons, reply back and Ill tell you how much salt to put in the tank.

MiniLA
12-22-2013, 10:17 PM
My fish died today. Hah.

~Valentine <3
My fish just died today :( it has been suffering for months, I'm kind if happy for it because now it doesn't have to suffer anymore.:cry::scratch: the dropsy fin rot one died

- - - Updated - - -

Table salt is fine. But read the label and make sure there is no anti caking stuff in it. I used table salt for my Oscar 2 months ago. But REMEMBER: Salt at 1.5 tsp (1 1/2tsp) salt per gallon of slightly warmer water. (So, put in 1.5 teaspoons of salt PER gallon of water.) May I ask how many gallons your tank is? Is it a bowl? Or a tank? How many gallons?

I made a table for you here.
1.5 tsp salt for 1 gal
3 tsp salt for 5 gal
15 tsp salt for 10 gal
30 tsp salt for 20 gal

I stopped at 20 gallons, mostly because most people don't have 50 gallon fish tanks as kids... And second of all, 50 gallons and up are hard to get and are very expensive... If the tank is more than 20 gallons, reply back and Ill tell you how much salt to put in the tank.

Don't really have any gallons LOL I use mL because I put it in a food bowl because I have no other tank and I separate my fish. This is the one that is still alive aka the one with a lump on it's he that almost fully disappear