PDA

View Full Version : Assaulted twice?

09-05-2002, 12:53 AM
Alright, today 9-04-02 at 7:00am I logged onto the "Put the fun back in funeral" server and checked today's crime. Egad had assaulted me. I hit continue and sure enough, I was 300 BP and 3 woods poorer. Around 8:30 pm I logged in to see if I had gotten any straglers when I get a message saying Danse had assaulted me and taken around 300 BP and 3 wooden tags. As far as I can tell, this attack has not been posted on the crime section. Has this happened to anyone else? I am positive this wasn't an attack yesturday and one today. Please comment.

09-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Dagnabbit! It happened again. On the Fun back in Funeral server today (Day 54) you can plainly see in the crime section that I was assaulted by both xandermyth and John Fratony. Gah! I thought once a day was the limit.

Koehoro
09-24-2002, 03:24 AM
I think you lose protected status whenever you log in...

mimifish
09-24-2002, 05:50 AM
It's slightly more complicated:

You would be protected after you are assaulted. The protection can last as long as nearly 2 days or as short as 1 second, because the protection would have gone if one of the following actions is taken:

1. If you didn't log in at all that day, the protection would have gone as soon as you log in for the first time that day. So it is very likely that you were attacked before you log in, and then you can be attacked again the same day. However the protection would stay even if you log back in later that day.

2. If you did not play at all for the entire day, the police protection would leave at midnight.

3. If you are attacked during a day that you have already logged in, the protection would last till next day you first log in or the end of the next day.

So here is one of my oldest tricks (if you can play FQ anytime):

First of all, try to log in as early as possible in the new day if you are NOT protected near the end of the day, even if you don't want to play at that time. Then you can be attacked, but only once. IF you are assaulted during that day, do not log in the next day until the last half hour of the next day. Then you should stay in the game until next day in the early morning. By doing this kind of thing, you can be sure that you would be attacked at most twice a day.

That means if you can play FQ from 23:30 to 00:30, then you can use this trick to its limit. One requirement for this trick to work is that the server needs to be there 24 hours. Or you might completely lose your day...

Seth is fully aware of this "bug", but he chose to leave it as is for now.
http://www.rtsoft.com/ib3/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

madgamer
08-26-2004, 12:09 AM
you can try and get a lot of tags for swat team armor. gave a surprise on the armor when i bought it. bonus 500 HP!!! freak, no one can kill you easily if you have that much. also, buy some weapons.if anyone tries and assaults you, they're in for it man.

Dorian1
08-26-2004, 09:08 AM
if the server has it the attacker can buy a bribe so they can attack u repeatadly