PDA

View Full Version : Issue v2.0 - app crash

Blast07
03-22-2012, 07:36 AM
play three times and app has freezed/crash. I'll and a screenshot latem

albar
03-22-2012, 04:58 PM
yeah, same here. freezes/crashes about every second game,whereas before it was every 6/7th game

autourdupc
03-29-2012, 09:45 AM
On WebOS 3.0.2, tanked crash after few games (5/6 games) and disappears.
Have to launch Tanked again, and wait for 20 seconds bec. systems says that I'm already logged !

Blast07
03-29-2012, 09:57 AM
yeah, I lost a lot of point by app crash.

Seth, I have an idea.
Please choose a group of trusted people (webOS, IOS, Android users) and give them Tanked V2.0 with enabled logging. They can send you the log file after every unexpected behavior, like APP crash, Lost Connection, Ghost tank, Respawning issue ect.
I'm sure you can find those group on that forum. As we play many times (e.g me - 40) per day, in one day we can send you a lot of valuable data.

Seth
03-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Please try rebooting your Touchpad and let me know if you notice a difference. This totally fixed crashing for a few people.. Touchpad seems to leak memory.

About the disconnects - today, I noticed 6 games suddenly ended at the same time with everyone disconnected, never seen that before. I think my ISP is having issues.. I will develop some more tests/logging to figure out if this is my fault or my ISPs fault or what...

soccerfu
03-29-2012, 11:00 AM
My app has crash only about 2 times since the update. When before the update it was doing it a lot more.

dontshoot
03-29-2012, 11:21 AM
believe it or not tanked has always been stable for me. on the older version , i haven't had one single crash. on v2 i've played it about 10 hours and only had 1 crash. Few disconnects , but that happened when v2 was first rolled out. it seems very stable.. i know this don't applies for some people, but for me experience has been good.

soccerfu
03-29-2012, 11:44 AM
yeah mine is like that too.

autourdupc
03-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Please try rebooting your Touchpad and let me know if you notice a difference. This totally fixed crashing for a few people.. Touchpad seems to leak memory.

About the disconnects - today, I noticed 6 games suddenly ended at the same time with everyone disconnected, never seen that before. I think my ISP is having issues.. I will develop some more tests/logging to figure out if this is my fault or my ISPs fault or what...
I rebooted my Touchpad after the first crash... And had a second one few games later !

tankedrox
04-14-2012, 09:58 AM
I rebooted my Touchpad after the first crash... And had a second one few games later !

Same here! And FWIW, the app crashes much more on my TouchPad with V2.0 than it did before that. In most cases it happens right as or after a game starts with 6+ people in solo or teams so it seems something around that moment is 'blowing it up'. Maybe 'too much data' now that there are so many different tanks and other features in V2.0 (I'm a 'know-nothing' on this sort of stuff so it's just a guess!). In the case of solo games I don't seem to lose any points, but with team games I leave my team a man down and often lose points as a result of them losing. It's not lost connection, and even after a reboot it still happens.

Also, although most here dismiss it as the 'quality' of the device or connection, I'm losing connection more often than I did before V2.0. My device is the same, router is the same, speed of connection is the same and I'm ALWAYS sure all other devices that use WiFi are OFF when I play the game.

So unfortunately the app is crashing and I'm losing connection a lot more often with V2.0 than ever before. V2.0 is a huge improvement otherwise and I hope Seth is able to put at least a little bit of time into seeing what might be causing these issues. Others in the game are reporting the same and I signed up to post here because it seems to be getting worse and not better. Losing points is a bummer, but having to leave a team hanging, reopen the app or reboot more often than before is really not good. Hopefully Seth can work some magic to make it better!

bacon1
04-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Oddly, my app has never crashed on my touchpad. It does seem to disconnect from the server a lot in the tavern, though. :confused:

Junior
04-16-2012, 12:37 PM
App crash is a big problem on my Touchpad- rebooting doesn't seem to help. I just have to close and restart tanked every 30 or 60 minutes or it will end up crashing, usually just as a new game is starting.

AOEO
04-18-2012, 12:08 PM
On WebOS 3.0.2, tanked crash after few games (5/6 games) and disappears.
Have to launch Tanked again, and wait for 20 seconds bec. systems says that I'm already logged !

Long time for me to reply to this, but there IS a version of WebOS (WebOS 3.0.5) out, it may help, that's what version I have, and tanked never crashes.

tankedrox
04-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Still seeing lots of app crashes, and can also confirm that it always (at least for me) happens right as it switches from the lobby to a game after enough people have voted to launch. Restart the app and it still does it, restart the TouchPad and it still does it (admittedly it takes a bit more time but always shows up).

Also, lost connection is more frequent than ever before V2.0. Both this and the app crash issues are confirmed by other players in the game so it seems there are widespread issues even if not all report them.

bacon1
04-21-2012, 10:02 PM
I have never seen my app crash once whenever I've played the game.......on either version.

But the lost connections are probably due to the server overloads that have been occurring recently.