PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter: Favorite Character(s)

minha1234
12-28-2013, 08:59 AM
This thread is made for people to name their favorite character(s) from the (film) series, Harry Potter, and why the character(s) in question is/are their favorite character(s).

It's obviously mainly for those who have read/watched the Harry Potter series/movies, but if there are people who haven't read/watched it yet wanting to just randomly say something like "DSJihfisaDcmx zmsjdSiDFhish, because he's awesome," then, erm, feel free to do so.

I'll start off with my favorite character:

After much consideration, I have to say that Remus Lupin is my favorite character from Harry Potter. The reason for my choosing is stated below.

-;There are spoilers for people who have not yet completed the series yet. Open at your own risk (especially if you haven't read/watched the last book/movie because-there-are-lots-of-deaths-and-I-want-to-strangle-J.K.-Rowling-for-killing-off-some-characters-but-this-is-kinda-getting-out-of-hand-so-I'll-stop-ranting-without-necessary-punctuation);-

Yes, so, Remus Lupin. One of the many reasons I consider him my favorite character is because of his personality. Perhaps being a werewolf and facing loneliness during childhood affected it. As quoted from the Harry Potter Wikia, "Remus was very intelligent, calm, tolerant, fair-minded, brave, kind and good-natured. Despite having suffered a great deal of prejudice in his life due to his lycanthrophy, he managed to retain an ability to see the good in almost everybody and was extremely forgiving. He also had an excellent sense of humor, and when he was a student at [Hogwarts], was one of the Marauders. (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Remus_Lupin#Personality_and_traits)" That's kind of the traits that I like in characters.. so.. yeah..

Anyway, apart from his (caring, kind) personality, I feel sympathy for him because he has a sorrowful life, like, really (although many characters in HP tend to have that). So.. He was bitten as a werewolf when he was 4 or 5. He went to Hogwarts (not very sad, actually). After graduating, he could hardly find a job because he was a werewolf. He lost his 3 best friends (the Marauders) all at once (Peter, to "death", when everybody thought Sirius killed him; James, to death; Sirius, to Azkaban). He resigned from what was most likely his best job ever because Snape "accidentally" let out that he was a werewolf. He lost Sirius to death 2 years after that. He FINALLY married Tonks and had a son, then... then.. *sniff* J.K. Rowling freaking k-k-k-k-killed him off. (And not even very respectfully, Harry just saw Remus and Tonks dead, and not really any mention of the battle he had with Dolohov.) (ARGH) :cry:

So.. yes, those two are my main reasons, and I have a bunch of others as well. It would make this post become too long, though. So I'll stop my rant here. But.. just in case someone actually does read this far into the spoiler, I'll include the "last" words of Remus Lupin:

"I am sorry too," said Lupin. "Sorry I will never know him... but he will know why I died and I hope he will understand. I was trying to make a world in which he could live a happier life." (Talking to Harry about Teddy, his son.)

Anyway.. enough. Who are your favorite characters, and why are they, well, your favorite characters?

JakeHCorwell
12-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Mine would have to be Draco Malfoy.

One reason why is that he was in Slytherin. As I've always been fond of the house's colors, crest, and a few other things,. I've also always been fond of his personality."Draco was, in general, an arrogant, spiteful bully. Like Dudley Dursley, his narcissistic nature most likely stemmed from his being spoiled by his parents throughout his childhood. He believed himself superior to most people because of his family’s pure-blood lineage as well as great wealth and social standing. He frequently behaved cruelly to Muggle-borns, so-called blood traitors, Gryffindor students, and anyone who was a supporter of Harry Potter or Albus Dumbledore. For much of his youth, Draco took after his bigoted father, Lucius Malfoy, as a role model, and frequently boasted about his family's influence and wealth." (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Draco_Malfoy) I also like how him and his family switched allegiances after the second wizarding war just to avoid imprisonment in Azkaban.

He also went through many hardships in his life that made you feel bad and sympathy for him, such as when he joined the Death Eaters. At first, he bragged and bloated about it to his fellow Slytherins. Then as the year proceeded, he became very nervous and weary that he wouldn't be able to complete the task of killing Albus Dumbledore. He then started to develop an unhealthy tired look. He tried to kill Dumbledore if I recall three times. But failed to do so at all three. Then after he failed to do it the third time, Severus Snape stepped and killed Dumbledore himself. As he had performed an Unbreakable Vow with Draco's mother promising to protect Draco and take over his task if he failed to complete it.

Eyedea
12-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Dobby! :D He isn't like a huge character but I don't know I just like him. He's like funny and creepy at the same time, favorite scene was when harry freed him :D "Dobby is Freee". Haven't watched any newer harry potter movies, I heard he dies.. </3

- - - Updated - - -

Fi.
12-28-2013, 11:57 PM
As you wish, master.

DSJihfisaDcmx zmsjdSiDFhish, because he's awesome.

LittleSirP
12-29-2013, 03:45 AM
Mine would be Hermione Granger.

She is my favorite character because she was a muggle and she was being treated like an outcast.But she turned out to be really smart,even outshines harry in some parts.For me,I think she was the one who made the biggest sacrifice amongst all of them.She erased herself in the memory of her parents...What could be a bigger sacrifice than that?I truly appreciate her work in the series.
-Little

TIMTAM
12-29-2013, 03:57 AM
Dobby! All he wanted was to be free but he killed himself for Harry ): That is why I do not like Harry because Dobby died for him ):

Thanks,
Tim (TIMTAM)

Magicalfishy
12-29-2013, 05:17 AM
No offense...
<. But this hater is gonna hate.

zASERTSz
12-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Professor Snape.

minha1234
12-30-2013, 07:47 AM
As you wish, master.

DSJihfisaDcmx zmsjdSiDFhish, because he's awesome.

Er. Yes, he's one of my favorite characters as well, only second to Lupin.

No offense...
<. But this hater is gonna hate.

I beg your pardon? I didn't quite understand.

As for Harry Potter.. well.. I kinda thought he should have died. But oh well, most main characters in books don't ever die..

Splendid
12-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Professor Snape.

blankity!!

Dodo Wizard
01-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Remus J. Lupin, more commonly known ask Prof. Lupin.

Cocomonkey
01-13-2014, 05:28 AM
Fred & George.--->Funny, brave, bold, & great wizards. R.I.P- Fred Weasly.
They're so likable, and I don't know anyone who dislikes them. Their mischievous and hilarious. They're so quirky and some things they say are just classic, being memorable moments in Harry Potter.They also gave Harry the Marauder's Map (a major resource), which belonged to his father. They just can't get past teasing anyone who irritates them and It makes me let of a bit of steam when reading HP. (Especially the fifth book, Professor Umbridge-->I HATE HER.)

LittleSirP
01-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Admit it!
I know that almost everyone who has read this series wants that pink woman to die more than Voldemort.
I know I do.
-Little

Nikki
01-16-2014, 08:32 AM
HERMIONE!!! If it wasn't for her, Harry and Ron would never have found the Chamber of Secrets, saved Buckbeak, started the DA, or destroyed the Horcruxes. She's so smart.