PDA

View Full Version : GAME vs "SOAP OPERA"?

Play
04-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Seth,

This game is incredible and it's clearly on its way to become something even greater.

However, to get to the point, I want to ask you whether or not you plan to ban players that are known to time and time again give other players a hard time and break the rules? I'm an extremely patient person, but it's starting to get out of hand. I'm a long time player and (sadly) know by name which players are the trouble makers...and they continue to do it. Whether it be calling people crude names, broadcasting ridiculous things all day every day, accusing people of cheating during games and with the slot machine, purposely dropping out of team games at the start of the game...the list goes on and on. I have numerous screenshots and a list of players that I'm talking about, and it grows daily...but I don't see the need to list them on here, especially if nothing is going to be done. (However, I can email them to you if you wish).

The increasing number of threads discussing problematic players made me finally post this. I'm a resident physician, not a software developer, so I can not say whether or not there are ways to "cheat" on this game because I have no idea how it could be done. But I do know that certain people being accused of cheating are not cheating. The best thing to do is to ignore these problematic players, which I usually do, but obviously it can be bothersome and, with time, can start to get extremely annoying. I guarantee they would not say these things in front of someone's face...they take advantage of the safety of being behind a keyboard knowing that nothing is going to happen to them. The only thing that can be done is in your hands...by warning or banning these players.

I don't know what the solution to this growing problem is because it's impossible for you to know who the problematic problems are. It's just not possible for you to spend all of you time staring at the server. One solution is to have moderators in the game, however, I have no idea how you would pick them. But if you do know certain players that you can trust, you can make them moderators who ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TELL other players that they are moderators (otherwise players would "behave" in front of them) and can report to you about problematic players by sending screen-shots, names of players you can keep track of, etc.

I don't know, I just hope something can be done so that the game can thrive without these problematic players.

Seth
04-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I'd much rather be working on features then policing the game... I do have a mod system about 50% done, it would really be great to setup a community that can police itself, rather than let griefers ruin it.

It has a way to go incognito and even change your two letter extension if needed.

I think I need finer tuned controls though, like, "Mute for 30 minutes".

Also, I had a pretty bad bug until a few days ago that if you /broadcast from a private room it didn't filter language out.. oops, that didn't help

dontshoot
04-02-2012, 04:05 AM
if its anonymous at least when people get banned or muted, they should know who muted them, so will discouraged the admin to abuse their power.. so people who thinks they are being banned unfairly can come to the forum and raise questions.

so eg.. a message from server " u r banned by nickname because message... "