PDA

View Full Version : Four Suggestions and Issues

Junior
04-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I've built up a short list of glitches/problems/ideas since the wonderful v2.0 came out:

1. Most important: the pause button! half the time I cannot push it (so I can leave a game before it begins), sometimes my turret gets frozen (it cannot be turned). I had no problems with the pause button in v1, but this one is just too small.

2. How do you type with capital letters? I have a touchpad (webOS). It always changes them to lower case in this game.

3. After the log-in accounts are set up, I'm hoping the next improvement for tanked could be another map or two. My favorites are Arena and Egypt, but I'm definitely eager for more options. Is it possible to have maps with hills/ramps?

4.I've had a problem getting stuck on the corners in certain places in the hedge maze. It's right in front of the place you re-spawn, on the left side. when I get stuck, I cannot drive forward, I have to turn and drive the opposite direction of the corner to get away. I have no such problem anywhere else. Has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: One more:

5. Tank idea: There could be a tank with a longer shooting range, balanced perhaps by slow driving or something else.

soccerfu
04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Reply to 1. Yeah it is kind of small but for me i have no problem pressing it. The stuck turret thing has never happened to me.

Reply to 2. For touchpad it is not possible.

Reply to 3. Yeah i would like some new maps too but i think Seth just wants flat maps.

Reply to 4. Yeah this is just a minor glitch that Seth has not been or doesn't have the time to fix.

Junior
04-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I just had a problem with that pause button again. It's a real pain, I can't be the only one with this issue?

Reply to 1. Yeah it is kind of small but for me i have no problem pressing it. The stuck turret thing has never happened to me.

Reply to 2. For touchpad it is not possible.

Reply to 3. Yeah i would like some new maps too but i think Seth just wants flat maps.

Reply to 4. Yeah this is just a minor glitch that Seth has not been or doesn't have the time to fix.

2. Thanks! Bummer.

3. I understand, that would be pretty hard, I assume. Just some more maps in the next couple of months would be great.

Note: I added another above.

soccerfu
04-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Maybe you just have too big of fingers.

Ryply to 5. yeah that would be cool.

Junior
04-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Here's another thing: why do beagles sometimes 'blow up' immediately after release, without hitting something?

soccerfu
04-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Its just a really really really really really x10 annoying bug.

tanker
04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
another annoying bug is hitting life or shield just prior to getting killed ... and it just goes away without activating...and you still get killed.

I have been stuck in that hedge maze spot dowzens of times.

But the beagle blowing up is the worst by far

Junior
04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
another annoying bug is hitting life or shield just prior to getting killed ... and it just goes away without activating...and you still get killed.

I have been stuck in that hedge maze spot dowzens of times.

But the beagle blowing up is the worst by far

Yep.

I'm glad to report that a bit more concentration when hitting the pause button has mostly solved the issue for now, but I still think it is a bit small.

Tankhunter
04-04-2012, 12:15 AM
i agree with u on all ideas,especially #4.

Seth
04-04-2012, 12:21 AM
I thought beagle's only blew up if had a wall too close to your sides - they also just blow up by themselves sometime?? Hmm.

I am going to fix this stuff after the log-on system is working. :sweatdrop:

soccerfu
04-04-2012, 12:34 AM
yeah thats when they usually blow up.

Junior
04-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Yes, it's usually near a wall.

We know you are busy Seth, thanks for taking the time to listen and improve the excellent game:D

bacon1
04-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Alright, here's my own version to answer your questions:

The pause button is small to keep people from exploiting it. Before, if you were left alone, the person would pause before repawning. Then no one could kill them and the round couldn't continue, and would end when the other team got frustrated and left in disgust.

Capital letters are possible on the touchpad of you have the external keyboard. The keyboard in the actual game won't let you.

Hills, although they would be cool, are somewhat impossible with the current game settings. You can't adjust the turret vertically; how, then, are you supposed to fire up at the people on the hill?

About the corners, I've gotten caught on them multiple times. But I've never been able to escape. I get glued to the corner and can't move anywhere. There I sit until I die.

There's my take on events; accept them as you will.

Junior
04-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Capital letters are possible on the touchpad of you have the external keyboard. The keyboard in the actual game won't let you.

Hills, although they would be cool, are somewhat impossible with the current game settings. You can't adjust the turret vertically; how, then, are you supposed to fire up at the people on the hill?

I'll have to try the keyboard, thanks.

Hills would add another challenge; you are right, the turret could not be adjusted. That might make it more interesting, as long as there are not too many hills/ramps.