PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Count down to start

rpro
04-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Seth,
Now that many are playing with different tanks I would love to see a splash page and a count down from 3, 2, 1, go before a game starts. Basically listing who is in the game and what tanks they have - similar to the end screen. It is vital to know who has what tank during the game; espically against people with the skull. I do think something has to change with the skull, it has too much of an advantage against all other tanks; maybe slow it down to equal the M3 or drop the reload a little.

RPro (GT,GW,ND)

soccerfu
04-04-2012, 12:03 AM
yeah I like the idea +1

about the skull. It is faster because it has less armour. So that is fair.

Seth
04-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Ok.. I could probably do it, but I need to figure out what to do when people leave, ie, in some cases it should cancel the game, or drop the goal points required, or even change the map. (if 6 out of 8 players quit, for instance) -

Also, in teamplay it would need to cancel the game as the teams would be unequal. But someone could keep leaving just to annoy people so games won't start and.. yeah, would require a lot of thought to make this work right. :sweatdrop:

As we get more players, the simple VIP Lobby and Lobby system will get over-crowded and increasingly worse. May need to change-up the entire match-making system at some point...

For now, I do plan on adding another lobby - The Noob Lobby. Only people with <100 CP will see it and be able to use it, sort of a reverse VIP room.

soccerfu
04-04-2012, 12:34 AM
sounds good.

rpro
04-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Ok.. I could probably do it, but I need to figure out what to do when people leave, ie, in some cases it should cancel the game, or drop the goal points required, or even change the map. (if 6 out of 8 players quit, for instance) -

Also, in teamplay it would need to cancel the game as the teams would be unequal. But someone could keep leaving just to annoy people so games won't start and.. yeah, would require a lot of thought to make this work right. :sweatdrop:

As we get more players, the simple VIP Lobby and Lobby system will get over-crowded and increasingly worse. May need to change-up the entire match-making system at some point...

For now, I do plan on adding another lobby - The Noob Lobby. Only people with <100 CP will see it and be able to use it, sort of a reverse VIP room.

Seth,
Thanks for the comments. One item which may be easier to implement would be changing the "who's here" data when entering a room to having it show the data of a "/who", I find myself typing that every time I enter a room just to see what tanks everyone has.
Separately I'm wondering if you are considering fine tuning the "Auto Sort" for team games. 95% of my game play is in Team mode, and apparently my luck has not been good in the past two days with the auto sort. I've lost ~400 points when I was previously going up roughly 100 a day (I know to Soccer, TP and the like that's nothing but when you only have 1500pts it's a good percentage). I seem to be thrown into team battles that just don't make the odds remotely equal. Example:I was on the Blue team for the attached image - Against two skulls alone makes it tough; and being stuck dead for the last 20 seconds of the game makes it even worse... Maybe you can classify each player (internally) on the system as a A, B, C, D, E grade - using career points, tank being used, win/loss ratio, past X number of games results, etc, then try to best effort match the teams instead of a random sort that seems to be in place today. - having a nightly job do most of the internal grade level then a quick calc with the tank being used at the auto sort time; less processing and database overhead.

soccerfu
04-13-2012, 09:18 PM
That sounds cool.

Seth
04-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Seth,
Thanks for the comments. One item which may be easier to implement would be changing the "who's here" data when entering a room to having it show the data of a "/who", I find myself typing that every time I enter a room just to see what tanks everyone has.
Separately I'm wondering if you are considering fine tuning the "Auto Sort" for team games. 95% of my game play is in Team mode, and apparently my luck has not been good in the past two days with the auto sort. I've lost ~400 points when I was previously going up roughly 100 a day (I know to Soccer, TP and the like that's nothing but when you only have 1500pts it's a good percentage). I seem to be thrown into team battles that just don't make the odds remotely equal. Example:I was on the Blue team for the attached image - Against two skulls alone makes it tough; and being stuck dead for the last 20 seconds of the game makes it even worse... Maybe you can classify each player (internally) on the system as a A, B, C, D, E grade - using career points, tank being used, win/loss ratio, past X number of games results, etc, then try to best effort match the teams instead of a random sort that seems to be in place today. - having a nightly job do most of the internal grade level then a quick calc with the tank being used at the auto sort time; less processing and database overhead.

Yeah, agree. The current "totally random, whee" system is just not a good solution.

Junior
04-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Bravo, fantastic idea about a countdown! I hate getting thrown into games, ESPECIALLY VIP TEAMS, without seeing who is there and what the map/mode is. I pretty much have to stay out of VIP lobby now, at least when driving the skull. Speaking of Skull, Seth already balanced it (slowed it down). Weakening it further would make it too weak.

Yes, balancing the team games is needed.

"As we get more players"... what? It seems like there is fewer and fewer these days. The main fun I have is when there are 6-8 players, but theres only a short time each day that happens. The more lobbies, the worse it will be. And I thought there was already a beginners lobby for those with less than 150 cp?

bacon1
04-14-2012, 01:54 AM
The beginner's lobby came after that post (that was his pre-idea post). And even if it don't seem like it, th game grows a little every day. When I started, there were 160,000 players. Now there are almost 200,000. That's what he means. I mean, that's 10,000 people a month!

Junior
04-14-2012, 02:30 AM
The beginner's lobby came after that post (that was his pre-idea post). And even if it don't seem like it, th game grows a little every day. When I started, there were 160,000 players. Now there are almost 200,000. That's what he means. I mean, that's 10,000 people a month!

Ahh, ok. I remember when it was 120,000:)