PDA

View Full Version : muting

Tankhunter
04-04-2012, 12:25 AM
hey seth...i know from experience of being muted( it was a joke!..it was meant to be funny..it was from a video..it wasnt supposed to offend anyone..but sry anyway) that people dont know if u are muted. I think if u mute somebody, there should be a mute sign or something to show other people..even in priv msg..that u have been muted. what do u think?

soccerfu
04-04-2012, 12:39 AM
The system sends you a message when you get muted.... not that i have before.

Tankhunter
04-04-2012, 12:41 AM
it sends u the msg yes i know..but what about the people who just came in the lobby..what about the public?

soccerfu
04-04-2012, 12:45 AM
why do people coming into the lobby need to know what you said.

Tankhunter
04-04-2012, 01:27 AM
They dont need to know what u said..they just need to know if your muted

Play
04-04-2012, 01:54 AM
hey seth...i know from experience of being muted( it was a joke!..it was meant to be funny..it was from a video..it wasnt supposed to offend anyone..but sry anyway) that people dont know if u are muted. I think if u mute somebody, there should be a mute sign or something to show other people..even in priv msg..that u have been muted. what do u think?

Tankhunter, I don't know when you were muted, but in version 2.0, when a player is muted, it sends a system broadcast message stating that player was muted and this message can be seen by all players who are currently logged in, even if they are in the lobby.

Tankhunter
04-04-2012, 01:57 AM
1. Lol..i know that
2. There was no broadcast when i was muted
3. what if someone just logged in and they didnt see the broadcast

Play
04-04-2012, 02:12 AM
1. Lol..i know that
2. There was no broadcast when i was muted
3. what if someone just logged in and they didnt see the broadcast

For the most part, I don't think the general public cares if another player is muted. The only time I can think of when it might be helpful to know if a player has been muted is if another player private messages the muted player...so that the other player knows the muted player isn't just ignoring him/her.

But here's a better solution...just don't get muted.

Tankhunter
04-04-2012, 02:18 AM
EXACTLY!...its for your freinds to know...and this is to benifit all the people who are freinds with the idiots who get muted..lol

Play
04-04-2012, 02:49 AM
EXACTLY!...its for your freinds to know...and this is to benifit all the people who are freinds with the idiots who get muted..lol

If a player really cares about his/her friends that much, then the obvious thing for that player to do is avoid getting muted in the first place.

Zer0
04-04-2012, 03:20 AM

When i was muted i talked throught my name...im smart

Tankhunter
04-04-2012, 04:04 AM
thats what i did..but its easier if seth could put a "This player has been muted" sign next to the player's name

soccerfu
04-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Now I know what you are saying. But yeah the simple solution is to gust stop getting muted.