PDA

View Full Version : about xxs1cxx

Kevin Zhu
04-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Dear Seth,

Where is xxs1cxx? He isn't on the ranking list. Did he get baned?

Seth
04-08-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't know.. I don't see anyone with that name, so maybe he changed his name.

soccerfu
04-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Probably has changed his name. Look for his same id and you will find him.

Junior
04-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Good question... I looked, he changed his name to jaja, I think, and was green because he gave away all his points. What I'm confused about is that he evidently gave all those points to Nicholas RF.

Nicholas shot up about 25,000 pts overnight to near 74k- and xxs1cxx dropped the same amount. But the next day Nicholas dropped back to his old score of 49,968. What's up with that????

soccerfu
04-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Good question... I looked, he changed his name to jaja, I think, and was green because he gave away all his points. What I'm confused about is that he evidently gave all those points to Nicholas RF.

Nicholas shot up about 25,000 pts overnight to near 74k- and xxs1cxx dropped the same amount. But the next day Nicholas dropped back to his old score of 49,968. What's up with that????

Seth took the points away because it is against the rules to transfer points.

Junior
04-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Seth took the points away because it is against the rules to transfer points.

OUCH! So the points disappeared into thin air?

Does that mean giving away points as many often do is also against the rules? If not, what is the limit?

Seth
04-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Transferring points is against the rules, but not something I would ban over. (I don't think it's even listed specifically in the rules currently.. oops )

It's hard for me to catch (I don't feel like "investigating" everyone or going over logs all day) so I'd prefer to just modify the rules/mechanics to make it undesirable for players to do this. Technically it seems like a difficult problem though.

It's not against the rules to play with multiple devices/accounts (you should be able to have friends over and let them play together on your 8 ipads) , just the cheapish point transfer thing.

Junior
04-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Who is jaja? Are you talking about me?

Almost forgot, that transfer point thingy, come to think of it, I might got banned by that reason alone... and not because of Kevin Zhu. Sorry Kevin Zhu.

Yes, I assumed jaja EB is the former xxs1cxx EB. Am I wrong?

Wrong1
04-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Yes, I assumed jaja EB is the former xxs1cxx EB. Am I wrong?

Yes, Junior, this guy ending with code EB sometime was annoying. He plays good but with low points.

Another annoying guy is Player PN, or alreadyon PN. Yesterday, he was red with 1200 cp at noon, and then become green with 400 points later. He is a very good player but with low cp always. I didn't say he is a shame cheater but it is just suspicious.

One more annoying guy called ironman OR. He had a language problem as well.

There are so many kids playing here, we must keep our community clean.

Seth, that is a great idea to design mechanics into the system to detect any cheating or points transferring. Thank you for your great job in V2. Lots of opinion leaders in this forum like soccerfu also made a significant contribution. We had a great tanked community.

bacon1
04-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Yes, Junior, this guy ending with code EB sometime was annoying. He plays good but with low points.

Another annoying guy is Player PN, or alreadyon PN. Yesterday, he was red with 1200 cp at noon, and then become green with 400 points later. He is a very good player but with low cp always. I didn't say he is a shame cheater but it is just suspicious.

One more annoying guy called ironman OR. He had a language problem as well.

There are so many kids playing here, we must keep our community clean.

Seth, that is a great idea to design mechanics into the system to detect any cheating or points transferring. Thank you for your great job in V2. Lots of opinion leaders in this forum like soccerfu also made a significant contribution. We had a great tanked community.

You know, low points may not be cheating. I consider myself a good player (heck, I've beaten TP and awesome KD to name a few, and TP had his rtsoft tank). I have 270-ish points right now. I give the reason for my low points elsewhere on the forum (go look of you want to know). I've never gone from very high to very low, though. I keep it around the 260 range (for the present time, at least). Just because someone is very good with low points doesn't mean that they are cheating. Some may be rising stars, and others may be like me (but I think I am one of a kind). As for the language problem on some people, yeah, that's a bad thing.

soccerfu
04-10-2012, 11:18 AM
He must one of those players that likes to play with little points. And how was he red with 1,200 points? That is purple. Red is for first place. The point drop may just be from having a bad day. You people get way to suspicious about things now days.

Edit: also how do you know they are not 2 separate players? Lots of people have the same 2 letter id.(although in my whole career I have never seen another yk out there.

Junior
04-10-2012, 12:13 PM
He must one of those players that likes to play with little points. And how was he red with 1,200 points? That is purple. Red is for first place. The point drop may just be from having a bad day. You people get way to suspicious about things now days.

Edit: also how do you know they are not 2 separate players? Lots of people have the same 2 letter id.(although in my whole career I have never seen another yk out there.

Yes, they certainly could be two different players. I don't know how many "AA" id's I've seen, but it's a lot. I have not seen other YK's or BN's (mine).

I've also had the bad days; until recently, I fluctuated between green to sometimes pink. Guess my skills and self discipline has improved... oh, and the tank too. I really like being laser blue :D

bacon1
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
It could be two players. Just the other day I saw two AA players who had the same name. They were both purple, too, so it was very hard distinguish between them. You probably already know this, but there are a lot of AA codes out there because of a bug Seth had in his random number generator.

And sometimes it s very hard to see another player with your code. For four months I hadn't seen another HL (that's me). But two days ago I saw one for the very first time.

soccerfu
04-11-2012, 09:34 PM
It could be two players. Just the other day I saw two AA players who had the same name. They were both purple, too, so it was very hard distinguish between them. You probably already know this, but there are a lot of AA codes out there because of a bug Seth had in his random number generator.

And sometimes it s very hard to see another player with your code. For four months I hadn't seen another HL (that's me). But two days ago I saw one for the very first time.

I thought it was a random LETTER generator!

bacon1
04-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I thought it was a random LETTER generator!

Technically, but computers use binary, which has 1s and 0s. So his NUMBER generator was sending out nothing but zeroes, which in turn made his letters all 'A's. Slight technicality. By the way, soccerfu, since this conversation seems to have died down a bit, could you tell me something? How do you make a signature on here? I can't figure it out.

Play
04-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Technically, but computers use binary, which has 1s and 0s. So his NUMBER generator was sending out nothing but zeroes, which in turn made his letters all 'A's. Slight technicality. By the way, soccerfu, since this conversation seems to have died down a bit, could you tell me something? How do you make a signature on here? I can't figure it out.

Bacon, to create a signature, click on Settings on the top right corner of the page, and then you'll see different options on the left side of the next page including one that says "edit signature".

bacon1
04-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Bacon, to create a signature, click on Settings on the top right corner of the page, and then you'll see different options on the left side of the next page including one that says "edit signature".

Wow. Thanks, Play (Mr. Moderator, I presume). I can't believe I didn't notice that button. Now I feel stupid. Thanks for clueing me in.

Kevin Zhu
04-12-2012, 11:30 PM
thx very much seth and by the way TANKED game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!