PDA

View Full Version : I lost points in a private room!

AOEO
04-09-2012, 12:16 AM
I thought you (Seth) said you can't loose or gain in private rooms!

Seth
04-09-2012, 12:20 AM
I thought you (Seth) said you can't loose or gain in private rooms!

Yep, those games are not ranked. I'm 99% sure you're just mistaken.. can anyone else duplicate that?

AOEO
04-09-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm serious! I saw it happen 3 times! I had a 10 cp drop!

Seth
04-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm serious! I saw it happen 3 times! I had a 10 cp drop!

I just checked and it worked properly (no points awarded/lost) so... yeah.

What is your name (and two letter extension) in the game?

AOEO
04-09-2012, 02:21 AM
I took Screenshots, TRUST ME!

the Private battle (solo) room name was "vip"

please trust me, I'm being honest with you.

AOEO
04-09-2012, 02:22 AM
erm, that 4th picture, I donno why thats there. please ignore it.

Seth
04-09-2012, 02:31 AM
I took Screenshots, TRUST ME!

the Private battle (solo) room name was "vip"

please trust me, I'm being honest with you.

Er, that's a public lobby.

Joining "vip" happens to be a shortcut to the VIP room, not a private room. "lobby" is a shortcut to the normal lobby. You know you're in a real private room when it says (room name) - Private Room (Unranked) after you've joined it.

I'm probably going to stop investigating these kinds of "bugs" until they are verified by a few people, not getting enough done.. :sweatdrop:

AOEO
04-09-2012, 02:32 AM
But I'm a huge tanked fan, I'm just trying to help you guys out. this has happend multiple times, on both my android and WebOS. with players or 2 players. I would never give you false information.

Play
04-09-2012, 05:36 AM
But I'm a huge tanked fan, I'm just trying to help you guys out. this has happend multiple times, on both my android and WebOS. with players or 2 players. I would never give you false information.

AOEO, I don't think you understand since you're still claiming you lost points in a private room. The Lobby, VIP, and the Beginners Lobby are NOT private rooms. The screenshots you posted are all from one of these rooms, proving you were NOT in a private room. Just like Seth said, it will say the room is "Unranked" when you enter a private room...that's how you will know for sure that you're in a private room. Post a screenshot of a room that says "Unranked" showing that you have gained or lost career points...

soccerfu
04-09-2012, 12:05 PM
ITS a lobby not a private room! typing /lobby takes you to the lobby. NOT A PRIVATE ROOM! You can look in the top left corner and see its the lobby.

AOEO
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
sorry =( I didn't realize typing VIP in private battle was a shortcut the the VIP room.I didn't mean to waste your time.

bacon1
04-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Wait a minute........In that fourth picture that isn't supposed to be there, why does it say "enters, looking a bit confused". Was he not supposed to be in there, or what's up?

AOEO
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
lol,if your below 150cp theres a beginer room, I use muplytiplul devices.

soccerfu
04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Thats why i use one device and stick to it.

bacon1
04-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I knew about the beginner room (saw it on my little sister's game), but I was wondering why it said "looking confused". Does it say that to everyone? Like when you give yourself coins and they fall over you in a waterfall as you giggle madly?

bacon1
04-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Thats why i use one device and stick to it.

Not only one device, but one name for me (and I imagine you, too). I am bacon1 HL, and I don't intend to ever change (I mean, come on. Why would I want to lose such an awesome name? It's bacon.). Multiple devices would be cheating (although I do play on my little sister's occasionally to boost her points, because she stinks at the game). Plus, I teach people how to play. I seek out noobs I think are worthy, and spend an hour or two teaching them. I give them tips of how to beat the pros and help their game (that's the "purpose" of keeping my points low-I am approachable, not so imposing. They feel I am one of them. If I was Pink or Laser Blue, they would feel I was too good and not listen, that's just psychology). If I changed my name, not only would my friends (game friends, not creeper friends) not be able to spot me, but neither would my students. Plus, since my name is now somewhat spread around, I have to watch for imposters that would tarnish my good name (and I've seen a few). I keep them in check. So changing names would be silly. And devices, you get all the people who say "hey, I'm really so-and-so, wanna battle or give me coins?". "Well, so-and-so, I'd be happy to battle you, but I wouldn't give you coins even if you were who you say you are. Go earn them." If you play on multiple devices without saying who you are, and to just blast away the competition and leave them wondering why, I say more power too you (in moderation. Don't want to have noobs crying and quitting the game, now do we?). But if you try to tell me that you are a higher rank, don't expect me to believe you unless I hear it from the player playing as the higher rank.

soccerfu
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Not only one device, but one name for me (and I imagine you, too). I am bacon1 HL, and I don't intend to ever change (I mean, come on. Why would I want to lose such an awesome name? It's bacon.). Multiple devices would be cheating (although I do play on my little sister's occasionally to boost her points, because she stinks at the game). Plus, I teach people how to play. I seek out noobs I think are worthy, and spend an hour or two teaching them. I give them tips of how to beat the pros and help their game (that's the "purpose" of keeping my points low-I am approachable, not so imposing. They feel I am one of them. If I was Pink or Laser Blue, they would feel I was too good and not listen, that's just psychology). If I changed my name, not only would my friends (game friends, not creeper friends) not be able to spot me, but neither would my students. Plus, since my name is now somewhat spread around, I have to watch for imposters that would tarnish my good name (and I've seen a few). I keep them in check. So changing names would be silly. And devices, you get all the people who say "hey, I'm really so-and-so, wanna battle or give me coins?". "Well, so-and-so, I'd be happy to battle you, but I wouldn't give you coins even if you were who you say you are. Go earn them." If you play on multiple devices without saying who you are, and to just blast away the competition and leave them wondering why, I say more power too you (in moderation. Don't want to have noobs crying and quitting the game, now do we?). But if you try to tell me that you are a higher rank, don't expect me to believe you unless I hear it from the player playing as the higher rank.
yeah I sort of teach people too. But mostly the pinks and purples that seem like they really suck. And yeah I have had this name almost my whole career.

soccerfu
04-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I knew about the beginner room (saw it on my little sister's game), but I was wondering why it said "looking confused". Does it say that to everyone? Like when you give yourself coins and they fall over you in a waterfall as you giggle madly?
It just says that to everyone that enters the beginners lobby.

bacon1
04-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought about the beginners lobby. As for you using a different name, didn't you change it to Caleb or something once? Or was that someone else in the top 5?