PDA

View Full Version : Bad people.

bacon1
04-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Hey everybody. I see that Seth just put up a new thing telling the world that the girl flirting with you is probably a man. Duh. I applaud you, Seth, for finally saying something. Every time I go into the tavern, I see this kind of thing happening. People are giving out phone numbers, locations, descriptions of themselves, and ages (of which they all appear to be either 13 or 14, most of the time :P). I always say, sometimes even multiple times, that they really shouldn't be giving out this kind of information. Do they ever listen? Heck no. Some people even have "girlfriends" or "boyfriends" in the game. I mean, to them, the person isn't a person. The person is a bunch of pixels in the form of a tank, and a name. That's it. So how can you verify that the person you are speaking with is a boy or a girl? Seth doesn't even know! Let's not even get into the fact about how stupid it is to have a "special friend" online. Don't these people ever see the things about online predators? I'm not saying anyone on Tanked is one, but out of almost 200,000 users, there has to be at least one creeper out there. But I've seen some people give out their whole life story: where they live (town and state), phone number, physical description (hair, eyes, body), age, singleness status. I don't know about the credibility of the people though-they all seem to be, as I said, 13 to 14 year old girls who are single with brown hair and brown eyes that live somewhere on the East Coast. I mean, the most I've given out is gender and very basic location for the purpose of seeing what time it was. That's it, because I'm pretty sure the best predator cannot track down an ageless, descriptionless boy who lives somewhere in the Midwest.

And I'm not even going to get started on the people who ask for this information.

So, round of applause for Seth, for finally addressing this issue (because I'm sure something may have happened eventually). It's something I've seen for a while, and hope that now will be stopped. I mean, come on guys. Tanked is not a place for looking for boyfriends. It is not a place to find people in your area. It is not a place to meet new people (in the sense of physically meeting. You know what I mean). It is a place to have fun killing people, and chatting with people about anything (EXCEPT PERSONAL THINGS. DUH.).

I sincerely hope that this will be stopped, or that the people talking truly know each other outside the game. Because if they don't, I can only shudder trying to imagine what could happen.

Tanked is a fun place. Don't change that. I come home from school and play Tanked (probably too much, as it would seem. I need more sleep. 6 hours a night ain't cutting it.). It is a very nice stress reliever. I don't want to be bothered with you begging for coins. I don't want to hear your grievances if they include swearing. And I especially do not want to virtually date you or hear about your personal life. I want to hear about the game, and things that don't affect the game or people's lives (prime example at the moment: The Hunger Games). Please be safe, and don't bring personal problems into the game. If you really are holding a knife (and I don't know how you are typing if you are), you really shouldn't be playing a game where you kill people, should you? You should get help.

I like Tanked to be a happy-go-lucky place to kill my friends. And I'm sorry if I'm being repetitive, but I think it gets the point across. People need to wise up, play the game, quit whining, get help if they need it, and stop trying to get dates.

Tank you (no pun intended, I'm just too lasy to go back.).

soccerfu
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
So here is what bacon is saying to all the people that do what he mentioned: RUN YOUR LIFE ELSE WHERE NOT ON A VIDEO GAME. Besides it is the worst place that you could tell someone where you live.

bacon1
04-10-2012, 09:58 PM
So here is what bacon is saying to all the people that do what he mentioned: RUN YOUR LIFE ELSE WHERE NOT ON A VIDEO GAME. Besides it is the worst place that you could tell someone where you live.

Pretty much, soccefu. When you log into a video game, you can become a brand new person. Why would you want to mess that up by telling everybody everything about yourself? Your life is your own problem: not anyone else's. I'd like to keep it that way. This game gives you the opportunity to anonymously kill everyone you meet. Nothing can be more fun than that. But if you give out your information, you are no longer anonymous. Even if the person isn't a creeper, they could still have anger issues. Some people go to great lengths to get rid of their anger. So, let's say you tell somebody where you live. Then you won't let them win in a battle. They know where to find you. Think about that the next time you're about to tell us your life story.

tanker
04-11-2012, 07:13 PM
i think its just amazing there are still idiots out ther doing it... and falling for it

bacon1
04-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Unless the "idiots" are themselves predators, so two hairy basement dwelling men will meet each other.

Or they could just be dumb and not know how to read Seth's warning.

darkhawk
04-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Urgh I hate it when people do that when I go to the tavern I just wanna take a break talk to my friends and just relax not listen about their life story it's just really annoying :poop:

bacon1
04-11-2012, 09:23 PM
What's that old saying? If it's not one thing, it's the other?

If people aren't busy with their life story, they are busy spamming the chat area. They type random letters, speak nonsense, or swear. Some are fixed with muting, but gosh, there are a lot of people like this.

tony26
01-21-2013, 03:02 AM
What's that old saying? If it's not one thing, it's the other?

If people aren't busy with their life story, they are busy spamming the chat area. They type random letters, speak nonsense, or swear. Some are fixed with muting, but gosh, there are a lot of people like this. lol, totally right.

theblaster
01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
you should get banned for doing that sort of stuff

graveskull
01-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Hey everybody. I see that Seth just put up a new thing telling the world that the girl flirting with you is probably a man. Duh. I applaud you, Seth, for finally saying something. Every time I go into the tavern, I see this kind of thing happening. People are giving out phone numbers, locations, descriptions of themselves, and ages (of which they all appear to be either 13 or 14, most of the time :P). I always say, sometimes even multiple times, that they really shouldn't be giving out this kind of information. Do they ever listen? Heck no. Some people even have "girlfriends" or "boyfriends" in the game. I mean, to them, the person isn't a person. The person is a bunch of pixels in the form of a tank, and a name. That's it. So how can you verify that the person you are speaking with is a boy or a girl? Seth doesn't even know! Let's not even get into the fact about how stupid it is to have a "special friend" online. Don't these people ever see the things about online predators? I'm not saying anyone on Tanked is one, but out of almost 200,000 users, there has to be at least one creeper out there. But I've seen some people give out their whole life story: where they live (town and state), phone number, physical description (hair, eyes, body), age, singleness status. I don't know about the credibility of the people though-they all seem to be, as I said, 13 to 14 year old girls who are single with brown hair and brown eyes that live somewhere on the East Coast. I mean, the most I've given out is gender and very basic location for the purpose of seeing what time it was. That's it, because I'm pretty sure the best predator cannot track down an ageless, descriptionless boy who lives somewhere in the Midwest.

And I'm not even going to get started on the people who ask for this information.

So, round of applause for Seth, for finally addressing this issue (because I'm sure something may have happened eventually). It's something I've seen for a while, and hope that now will be stopped. I mean, come on guys. Tanked is not a place for looking for boyfriends. It is not a place to find people in your area. It is not a place to meet new people (in the sense of physically meeting. You know what I mean). It is a place to have fun killing people, and chatting with people about anything (EXCEPT PERSONAL THINGS. DUH.).

I sincerely hope that this will be stopped, or that the people talking truly know each other outside the game. Because if they don't, I can only shudder trying to imagine what could happen.

Tanked is a fun place. Don't change that. I come home from school and play Tanked (probably too much, as it would seem. I need more sleep. 6 hours a night ain't cutting it.). It is a very nice stress reliever. I don't want to be bothered with you begging for coins. I don't want to hear your grievances if they include swearing. And I especially do not want to virtually date you or hear about your personal life. I want to hear about the game, and things that don't affect the game or people's lives (prime example at the moment: The Hunger Games). Please be safe, and don't bring personal problems into the game. If you really are holding a knife (and I don't know how you are typing if you are), you really shouldn't be playing a game where you kill people, should you? You should get help.

I like Tanked to be a happy-go-lucky place to kill my friends. And I'm sorry if I'm being repetitive, but I think it gets the point across. People need to wise up, play the game, quit whining, get help if they need it, and stop trying to get dates.

Tank you (no pun intended, I'm just too lasy to go back.).

lol dude you typed that entire end part but didnt manage to type one letter!!!

01-24-2013, 08:35 PM
lol dude you typed that entire end part but didnt manage to type one letter!!!

lmao..heh......:p

MudFrog $S1C$
01-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Urgh I hate it when people do that when I go to the tavern I just wanna take a break talk to my friends and just relax not listen about their life story it's just really annoying :poop:

Correctly spoken.