PDA

View Full Version : Lazy noobs that need to stop getting points and coins off my efforts!

soccerfu
04-10-2012, 11:46 PM
766767768 Here is screenshots of noobs that do not work to earn their points. The last one is the worse example of this happening. I cant stand this, Seth please do something ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THIS IS NOT FAIR!

soccerfu
04-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Also seth what is with the random tips? I already know all that stuff!

darkhawk
04-11-2012, 12:49 AM
I agree soccerfu they don't deserve to win any pts. 90% of the time the white ranked people just stay where they were respawned and people kill them!

bacon1
04-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Well, sometimes the newb just started and doesn't know how to play (and is too stubborn to go into the beginners lobby). But I do agree that it is annoying when they do nothing. Sometimes I have to go in front of them and just ward off the enemy. And it's an even worse situation for an average player like me. You can easily get at least 15 kills, right? If I am left out to dry like that, I can occasionally win, but normally only get around 10 kills (or less). Then I can't pull out a win. So instead of them leaching points off me, they are costing me points (which is far worse in my opinion-they are messing with other people's games). It is a serious problem.

soccerfu
04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
But some of them were greens too. i have screenshots of them too.

tanker
04-11-2012, 06:57 PM
i hear ya,, but u r playing all whites.. I know i know up play all kinds... but had there been a challenge in any of those screenshot games I would understand... but no, so whats the problem.

the bullheet part is getting stuck playing high ranked players with those whites... and funding the whole bs cp exchange for 40 -80 points.

I would rather see a bonus to teh high scorer on a team... or have the win proportion to how many kills you had...

but all this doesnt get my 120 points lost today from lost connections.. one before the game even had a kill..

I feel ya soccer, sometimes it frustrating to carry the load.. and not be rewarded..

Junior
04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah, that really sucks, I've done 17 kills before for just a handful of points too.

Butum
04-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Also, I think if you have the most kills in the game but your team loses anyway, you shouldn't lose points. I'm really frustrated when I have 12 kills and lose 15 to 14 and lose 15 points.

bacon1
04-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Also, I think if you have the most kills in the game but your team loses anyway, you shouldn't lose points. I'm really frustrated when I have 12 kills and lose 15 to 14 and lose 15 points.

This happens to me a lot. I actually brought up this idea with Seth a while ago (way back during version 1), but he said the idea of a "losers bonus" was somewhat silly. Yes, it's frustrating to be on the losing team when you killed the most, but it's something you have to deal with. What if you got 12 kill, but the top guy for the other team got 11? Then you are almost equals.

Look at it this way. Hypothetically, let's say America gets into a war with a country (make up a name; it doesn't matter, so lets go with Gloobenstein). America has invaded them and killed everyone they see, while Gloobenstein doesn't sink a single hit back at them. Then, one day, Gloobenstein decides to launch a nuclear missle at America. America will have lost (because they were incinerated), even though they got the most kills.

So really, the most kills don't matter. You just have to do what I've been doing for a long time; suck it up and just lose the points (and maybe earn them back later).

Butum
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm not saying there should be a loser's bonus in that he receives points, just shouldn't lose points. And comparing a game to nuclear war is silly. (Vietnam would have been a better analogy anyway haha)

Junior
04-12-2012, 08:51 PM
I do think the best player on the loosing team should either loose less points or maybe loose/gain no points.

AOEO
04-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Soccerfu, I don't know why your complaining, since you could easily go to solo and get more points that way. But what if, and this would be a lot of work, when an inactive person is kicked, why not replace it with an AI, or IA, whatever its called, because I think part of the problem is inactives, not people who wont work hard.

AOEO
04-12-2012, 09:26 PM
AI is the correct term for a computer right? AI means Animated Intelligence?

soccerfu
04-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah I know at the moment I was mad.:o And yes AI is correct.

AOEO
04-12-2012, 09:40 PM
ok, thanks =)

bacon1
04-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm not saying there should be a loser's bonus in that he receives points, just shouldn't lose points. And comparing a game to nuclear war is silly. (Vietnam would have been a better analogy anyway haha)

Well, still, if there is a loser's bonus, technically he is still getting points. If he would have lost, say, 25 points because he has a lot of points, but then loses zero, technically he got 25 points back that he would have lost. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a nice idea, I just don't think it would work practically.

And don't mock my awesome war story.:p

bacon1
04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Soccerfu, I don't know why your complaining, since you could easily go to solo and get more points that way. But what if, and this would be a lot of work, when an inactive person is kicked, why not replace it with an AI, or IA, whatever its called, because I think part of the problem is inactives, not people who wont work hard.

But........it would have to be a very complex, ever-changing AI. Computers can get predictable. If someone played enough, they could eventually learn everything the AI does, from the path it takes to its shooting strategy. It would become beatable. Again, not a bad idea, just not practical.

AOEO
04-12-2012, 10:42 PM
what if, depending on the cp of the opposing team, it get better tanks, with different personalities. if you play chess on your computer, there's a LOT of different levels, you don't have to have one. Why not do the same for tanked?

bacon1
04-12-2012, 11:25 PM
what if, depending on the cp of the opposing team, it get better tanks, with different personalities. if you play chess on your computer, there's a LOT of different levels, you don't have to have one. Why not do the same for tanked?

Yeah, but.........

Firstly, I'm programmer. Second, I think that would take a lot of programming. Plus, what if didn't end up working in the long run? That's a lot of wasted man-hours. So, although it has potential to stop an annoying problem, it could end up failing. So I think Seth needs to wait, for a while anyway, before even attempting it. I mean, he still has to deal with glitches from the game. Once he has all the glitches worked out, mixed with a little nothing better to do, then he'll probably tackle the issue. I just don't think it's time efficient or plausible.....at this point in time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

megaman01
03-02-2013, 10:13 PM
I do think the best player on the loosing team should either loose less points or maybe loose/gain no points.

Aw dude I totally agree. It's happened to me so many times before. I get put with a white, he/she keeps getting killed, and I lose a ton of points because I cannot make up the points lost on my own.

Generally, In a 2-on-1 game, you control when your team loses points, but with a white noob, you're helpless and the only thing you can do is try to win single-handedly!

See my tutorial:
MY HOMEMADE TANKED TUTORIAL

playerde
03-03-2013, 07:10 PM
766767768 Here is screenshots of noobs that do not work to earn their points. The last one is the worse example of this happening. I cant stand this, Seth please do something ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THIS IS NOT FAIR!

Fell bad for you.

03-04-2013, 02:22 AM
AI is the correct term for a computer right? AI means Animated Intelligence?

wow really close artificial inteligence ...not animated lol I see why you would think that though :D

graveskull
03-04-2013, 11:57 PM
wow really close artificial inteligence ...not animated lol I see why you would think that though :D

Well.... no u have artfcial intllgnce too... it basically and AI except its animated as in family guy or something... not that the people in there are intelligent... its basically a cartoon or something... thats what i think but thers AI too... but those that exist arent fully fledged... Siri... so ... yah... lots of dots... lols...

dagirl
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Why don't you guys ask them if they would like some help training? Maybe they aren't just that good and are sorry. Some people aren't as good as you. You cant just blow up on them for that. You should go into the v.i.p lobby if you have a problem with that.. You really have to stop thinking about what you feel guys. I know some people might do it on purpose but allot of times they might be beginners and try their best. How do you think they feel? They lose cp too. Maybe not as much as higher level players but still.

graveskull
03-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Why don't you guys ask them if they would like some help training? Maybe they aren't just that good and are sorry. Some people aren't as good as you. You cant just blow up on them for that. You should go into the v.i.p lobby if you have a problem with that.. You really have to stop thinking about what you feel guys. I know some people might do it on purpose but allot of times they might be beginners and try their best. How do you think they feel? They lose cp too. Maybe not as much as higher level players but still.

Well this is a really old thread so yah cuz bak then almost everyone was a noob except for soccer and peter EV and sme othrs... so... yah

bacon1
03-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Well.... no u have artfcial intllgnce too... it basically and AI except its animated as in family guy or something... not that the people in there are intelligent... its basically a cartoon or something... thats what i think but thers AI too... but those that exist arent fully fledged... Siri... so ... yah... lots of dots... lols...

What?!? I honestly have no idea what you are saying there. At all.

...so, around the time of this post, I think I had my points at a steady 300, so that I could train people how to play the game. That's what I did. I trained people. Every time I logged on. Even some of your so-called "high ranks" were trained by me. So that argument is not valid in the slightest.

On the note of "around that time", this post is very dated. It is almost a year old (11 months). WHY BRING IT BACK? Let sleeping dogs lie. This post is irrelevant and may not accurately portray what people think anymore.

derekjeter
03-05-2013, 01:23 AM

I totally agree..
In the team lobby, you have to work together with your team, work together...
not everyone has the rtsoft tank and has played 10k games..
remember, we were all once beginners and we used to do the same thing...
if you don't like the policy for teams, too bad, play solo or vip teams (im broadcasting for it like every 2 minutes lol jk)
but really, you can't blame the whites and greens.. if they knew how to play they would help...it's not like they do it on purpose..
trust me, i've played more team battles than you, i've scored 19 out of 20 and my team did help..
there is also the issue of "kill stealing" if a player a weakened by another player... and then u come up and finish him.. u get credit, not the other guys...
not saying this is always the case..

But honestly, just remember, they aren't doing it on purpose, they are trying to get better... and we were all this way once so i don't see any reason for you to be mad at them cause they're new:confused:

derekjeter
03-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Well this is a really old thread so yah cuz bak then almost everyone was a noob except for soccer and peter EV and sme othrs... so... yah

March 12,2012... i was green lol none of you people were playing...

anyone here remember skatergirl... no.. nvm..:whistling::whistling:

yea i've been playing this game for a REALLY long time..

I-Am-Legend
03-05-2013, 01:35 AM

Uhh, why would you put never mind after something you typed? And yes, I did know her. We were close friends.

bacon1
03-05-2013, 01:57 AM

Whoa, dude, rash generalization.

December 25, 2011. Open Christmas presents. Find one: HP TouchPad, pre-fire sale.

December 26, 2011. Download apps. Find neat looking one: Tanked, Robinson Technologies.

December 27-30, 2011 (date unknown). First round of Tanked played, versus a player. Name of: Iowa45.

February 8, 2012. Find game addicting. Decide to contribute to forums.

Do I remember folks? I remember so many people, and almost none of them remain. I've been playing a really long time too, Skippy. No need for you to get a superiority complex.

graveskull
03-05-2013, 03:13 AM

i rmbr when u were green u were a jerk to me and u used a panzer hahaha and yes i rmbr skategirl but wat bout her? nd nyways i was Tiger XD

derekjeter
03-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Whoa, dude, rash generalization.

December 25, 2011. Open Christmas presents. Find one: HP TouchPad, pre-fire sale.

December 26, 2011. Download apps. Find neat looking one: Tanked, Robinson Technologies.

December 27-30, 2011 (date unknown). First round of Tanked played, versus a player. Name of: Iowa45.

February 8, 2012. Find game addicting. Decide to contribute to forums.

Do I remember folks? I remember so many people, and almost none of them remain. I've been playing a really long time too, Skippy. No need for you to get a superiority complex.

lol sorry i meant most of the high ranks weren't here... all I remember is badboy and kevin lol.. but i didn't pay attention to any of the high ranks.

MrExecution
03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
the farthest i remember is when ruffi was orange

derekjeter
03-05-2013, 10:58 PM
the farthest i remember is when ruffi was orange

lol ruffi started after me, i saw him change all of his colors....

tanker
03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
your screenshots show NO ONE doing anything... your opponents either.... complaining about whooping up in an all white battlefield... give real examples not these

bacon1
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
your screenshots show NO ONE doing anything... your opponents either.... complaining about whooping up in an all white battlefield... give real examples not these

Again, this post is old and irrelevant.

STOP POSTING ON IT!!!!!!!

theblaster
03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
i remember back then i was a noob called destiny, and it was before new tanks and auto switch or even coins. but tpnfrc was around back then, he was purple, and then when i came back as blaster a year ago he was yellow, and soccar was lazer back then and there were a couple good players besides soccar and peter.

Marik
03-09-2013, 01:00 PM
I agree with bacon STOP POSTING OLD THREADS it is getting more common and annoying just make a new thread for gods sake

playerde
03-10-2013, 11:21 PM

Don`t you loose cp when you quit games?