PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who do you want to be a moderator?

bacon1
04-12-2012, 04:43 AM
I made it multiple choice, so if you can't decide, just pick both (but don't go crazy), try to limit yourself to 3 or less.

Bllbb6435
04-12-2012, 10:44 AM
It seems you are naming peoples tanked names so if you could edit mine to say my tanked name ( which is noob) that would be great.

Thanks

darkhawk
04-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Hey! You never put my name up there! Lol Jk I don't care much Haha. Seems like TPN and Soccer are equal

AOEO
04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Moderator of the Game, or the Forums? because I spend a lot of time on the game. and I think I might be good, BUT, soccerfu, simply because he's on the forums a lot, and seems to care about the game.

soccerfu
04-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Its for the forums.

AOEO
04-12-2012, 09:33 PM
ok, then I'd be terrible. And I think Soccerfu is definitely the best choice.

soccerfu
04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
oooops.... I meant the game. Sorry.

AOEO
04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Lol! ok, then I think I could be a moderator in-game, and I still think Soccerfu would be a good choice

bacon1
04-12-2012, 11:06 PM
It seems you are naming peoples tanked names so if you could edit mine to say my tanked name ( which is noob) that would be great.

Thanks

Uhhhh......I don't know how to change things one the poll itself (I don't see a button). Sorry about that, but you have your real name down here, so you have that going for you.

If you know how to change in the poll, and you tell me, I'll gladly change it for you.

bacon1
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey! You never put my name up there! Lol Jk I don't care much Haha. Seems like TPN and Soccer are equal

Well, I did include an "other" button for the countless people I probably forgot. And at this time, it looks like TP is winning, with me and soccer tied for second.

bacon1
04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Lol! ok, then I think I could be a moderator in-game, and I still think Soccerfu would be a good choice

And this is the purpose of the other button! :)

soccerfu
04-12-2012, 11:14 PM
That is the purpose of the other button. So here is the top 3 for moderator as of now: 1. TPNFRC 2. Soccerfu 3. Bacon1. Go tp!

AOEO
04-13-2012, 01:16 AM
what happens if the "other" button wins? lol.

bacon1
04-13-2012, 01:43 AM
what happens if the "other" button wins? lol.

Well...uhhhh......you see......

Either some guy named "other" will be in good, or you hope people listed their choice for other (I mean, the other isn't for if you don't like the choices. It's for somebody else not listed that you think would be good).

Wrong1
04-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Well...uhhhh......you see......

Either some guy named "other" will be in good, or you hope people listed their choice for other (I mean, the other isn't for if you don't like the choices. It's for somebody else not listed that you think would be good).

I voted soccerfu, t p n, bacon1, kevinzhu and min ja . Hope u all keep our community clean as some kids need to be regulated.

AOEO
04-13-2012, 03:28 AM
lol, I'd hope "other" wins, then I could be a candid. although who said only one could be elected?;)

bacon1
04-13-2012, 03:34 AM
lol, I'd hope "other" wins, then I could be a candid. although who said only one could be elected?;)

That's why there's a poll. So you can see the frontrunners (and then pick the top how many you want. Need 3 moderators? Pick top 3).

bacon1
04-13-2012, 03:40 AM
As of now, the standings are:

1) TP

2)soccerfu

3)me [bacon1]--tied with "other", but that could be more than one person

4)minja and noob

5)usst6 [why no love for usst6?]

Scores are 7, 6, 5, 5, 2, 2, 0.

AOEO
04-13-2012, 03:43 AM
go "other!" lol. :rolleyes:

AOEO
04-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Did seth say this would happen? or is it just for fun?

bacon1
04-13-2012, 03:57 AM
Did seth say this would happen? or is it just for fun?

He said we should start a poll so he could see possible moderators. He could go off on his own and pick some random guy, but this is to give him suggestions, and show him what the people think. Plus, it gets people to stop flooding his email with requests to be a moderator.

And other does seem to be pulling ahead. :whistling:

AOEO
04-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Alright! ( he probably won't pick me because I want to be one so bad, it makes me look immature.) Lets see the votes for "other" rise up!

bacon1
04-13-2012, 04:55 AM
Hey, begging is okay in moderation. Soccerfu, noob, and you all asked. I did, too. I just haven't been begging that much (leave it up to the people, and Seth). And TP, I don't even know if he knows he's nominated. I haven't heard a peep out of him, even though he's winning.

TPNFRC
04-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Hey, begging is okay in moderation. Soccerfu, noob, and you all asked. I did, too. I just haven't been begging that much (leave it up to the people, and Seth). And TP, I don't even know if he knows he's nominated. I haven't heard a peep out of him, even though he's winning.

Yo I just found out that I was nominated! All I would like to say is thank you for nominating me and if chosen I will do the best i can to make sure the game is kept abusive free! Also I think all the people nominated here would be good mods as well! Oh yeah there are two polls going and some ppl are in both of them. Looks like this one has been up longer and the other one was started today.

bacon1
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Yo I just found out that I was nominated! All I would like to say is thank you for nominating me and if choosen I will do the best i can to make sure the game is kept abusive free! Also I think all the people nominated here would be good mods as well! Oh yeah there are two polls going and some ppl are in both of them. Looks like this one has been up longer and the other one was started today.

I'm sure you will keep the game nice (that's why your nominated :)). I didn't know about the other poll, will have to take a look.:whistling:

soccerfu
04-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Honestly i am rethinking about becoming a moderator.

bacon1
04-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Honestly i am rethinking about becoming a moderator.

Well, it's your decision, dude. Just vocalise your thoughts when you decide.

soccerfu
04-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah i get back too you in a couple of days.

TPNFRC
04-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Yo guys I was thinking and I do not want to be a mod. There are many other players that would do a better job than me. The reason behind this is that I might have to play less often if my work load increases, and Im sure it will. A mod should be able to monitor the game regularly to make sure it is kept abusive free. I don't want to let anyone down so I humbly decline being a mod. Thank you everyone of thinking about me when it came to choose one but if I play less often I won't be a good mod.

tankedrox
04-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Yo guys I was thinking and I do not want to be a mod. There are many other players that would do a better job than me. The reason behind this is that I might have to play less often if my work load increases, and Im sure it will. A mod should be able to monitor the game regularly to make sure it is kept abusive free. I don't want to let anyone down so I humbly decline being a mod. Thank you everyone of thinking about me when it came to choose one but if I play less often I won't be a good mod.

Doh, I just signed up and voted for you before seeing this post! Definitely makes sense though and hopefully you'll continue to play as time allows!

Also, FWIW, here are some of my thoughts on a few of the others that have been mentioned to possibly become moderators:

Soccerfu: Within the first few days of playing the game I, like many other noobs, was having a hard time grasping everything. However, it was immediately clear I learned even less when I played in games where high ranked players like Soccerfu typically dominated (especially with Beagles...man did I hate Beagles mode then!). So, I left the lobby anytime Soccerfu was there, sometimes going in and out a few times in a row hoping the lobby had cleared out because the game started (a bad habit I fortunately no longer have, sorry about that!). After that, and completely unprovoked, Soccerfu began telling everyone in the lobby I was a 'coward'. He even made it a point to follow me from solo to teams lobby to further publicly and private message me the same. Needless to say I put the game down for quite a number of weeks after that. Since then I've improved, and even beaten him a few times, while also witnessing him treat some other new players in unhelpful and unsupportive ways. To sum it up....Skilled player; Yes....Good contributor on the forum; Yes....Moderator material; Sorry, but no.

KevinZhu (not sure what name he's using now but I think his two letter code is OP): He literally jumps in and out of the solo lobby demanding that people 'vote!' or 'play!' while also asking high ranked players to meet him in VIP lobby for 1 on 1 (all of which would be OK in moderation but it seems to happen excessively every time he's on and is particularly frustrating for newer players trying to gather themselves before the next game). He also jumps into the VIP teams lobby and takes it upon himself to set maps and modes the bulk of people in the room don't want to play in the split second before the game starts (maybe also OK in moderation but I've seen how upset it makes some of the other players when he does it game after game and they really can't leave because they don't want to lose points and/or leave their teammates hanging). The real problem though is that he often uses the names of other high ranked players (like TPNFRC) and is not always forthcoming that he's not the 'real' one when asked directly. Also a pretty skilled player but does not seem well suited to be a moderator.

On a related note, there are some guys not included in this poll who I think should be nominated including Junior (BN if I recall correctly) and Darkhawk (KC I believe). I see they're included in the other poll so I'll vote for them there and hopefully there will be a way to combine both threads and/or start another thread that narrows the poll down to only those that have all positive feedback from the group.

Thank you also to Seth for creating this incredible game that I’ve shared with many of my family and friends! It’s fun and challenging and I’m happy to see it getting better and better!

silver OO
04-14-2012, 11:39 AM
MEEEEE SILVER id tag OO should be mod YIPEE lalalalalala elmos world

soccerfu
04-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Doh, I just signed up and voted for you before seeing this post! Definitely makes sense though and hopefully you'll continue to play as time allows!

Also, FWIW, here are some of my thoughts on a few of the others that have been mentioned to possibly become moderators:

Soccerfu: Within the first few days of playing the game I, like many other noobs, was having a hard time grasping everything. However, it was immediately clear I learned even less when I played in games where high ranked players like Soccerfu typically dominated (especially with Beagles...man did I hate Beagles mode then!). So, I left the lobby anytime Soccerfu was there, sometimes going in and out a few times in a row hoping the lobby had cleared out because the game started (a bad habit I fortunately no longer have, sorry about that!). After that, and completely unprovoked, Soccerfu began telling everyone in the lobby I was a 'coward'. He even made it a point to follow me from solo to teams lobby to further publicly and private message me the same. Needless to say I put the game down for quite a number of weeks after that. Since then I've improved, and even beaten him a few times, while also witnessing him treat some other new players in unhelpful and unsupportive ways. To sum it up....Skilled player; Yes....Good contributor on the forum; Yes....Moderator material; Sorry, but no.
ok now you guys are making this crap up. I never called you a coward silver and I never will. You must've been there when I called that pink a coward even though I knew he had the skill to fight me. Or were you him? If so I am sorry for saying that. But I only did it to him and that was once. I didn't do it to anyone else!

silver OO
04-14-2012, 12:49 PM
ok now you guys are making this crap up. I never called you a coward silver and I never will. You must've been there when I called that pink a coward even though I knew he had the skill to fight me. Or were you him? If so I am sorry for saying that. But I only did it to him and that was once. I didn't do it to anyone else!

when did you call me a coward never I hardly even see you in the game by the way where is playernew

bacon1
04-14-2012, 03:17 PM
when did you call me a coward never I hardly even see you in the game by the way where is playernew

Hey, playernew was on last night for quite some time.

And sorry to hear about that TP, but I respect your decision.

AquaWhale
04-20-2012, 02:31 AM
TNPFRC would make a really good moderator, but minja would to... so idk

bacon1
04-20-2012, 02:42 AM
TNPFRC would make a really good moderator, but minja would to... so idk

Well, it's multiple choice, and TP dropped out of the race. :D

soccerfu
04-20-2012, 11:08 AM
After thinking a little while I have decided I do want to persue becoming a moderator.

tankedrox
04-21-2012, 10:06 AM

Not making it up one bit and I'm not Silver nor the 'pink' guy you admit to calling a coward. I was green at the time and you called me a coward in public and private messages. It was some months ago so perhaps you don't remember but it happened nonetheless and almost caused me to quit the game entirely.

After thinking a little while I have decided I do want to persue becoming a moderator.

On that note I'd like to reiterate my comments in post #30 above. At least a half dozen people posting on the forum feel the same and a dozen more that play the game and don't post here would agree.

Also, my suggestion is that if more than one person can post a bad experience with a player who has been nominated to be a mod (or self-declared they want to 'pursue' becoming a mod), and it can be confirmed the people are not just 'shills' setup by the same person, the player in consideration should be out of the running.

bacon1
04-21-2012, 09:57 PM
But where would you draw the line? What exactly is a "bad experience"? I mean, calling someone a "coward" may be disrespectful, but I don't think it constitutes never letting someone be a moderator.

soccerfu
04-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Not making it up one bit and I'm not Silver nor the 'pink' guy you admit to calling a coward. I was green at the time and you called me a coward in public and private messages. It was some months ago so perhaps you don't remember but it happened nonetheless and almost caused me to quit the game entirely.
I have never called a green a coward! Also what was my color at the time and what was the last 2 id codes in my name? I think there has been an imposter running around doing this crap to people. Or you people are just making this crap up. I honestly think it is the second one.

tankedrox
04-22-2012, 06:53 AM
I have never called a green a coward! Also what was my color at the time and what was the last 2 id codes in my name? I think there has been an imposter running around doing this crap to people. Or you people are just making this crap up. I honestly think it is the second one.

Not making it up (I have no reason to!), and no, it was not an imposter. It was you, period. Your name was dark blue, 2 letter code was YK and you had somewhere around 70K points at the time. I've also witnessed you call more than one player an 'idiot' and treat other players in unhelpful and unsupportive ways .

Sorry, but the facts make it clear you're a skilled player and a good contributor on the forum but are not the right choice to be a moderator.

billy bob joe
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
its going to be tpn.:prophet:

bacon1
04-24-2012, 11:50 PM
its going to be tpn.:prophet:

......even though TP said he was dropping out because he didn't have time?

proteaus
04-27-2012, 03:20 AM
I believe either TPN or Soccerfu can be a good moderator. As it is said .."For the greatest among you will be his servant. ...' Both are good players and can be good helpers too in maintaining the good atmosphere of the game.

bacon1
04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
I believe either TPN or Soccerfu can be a good moderator. As it is said .."For the greatest among you will be his servant. ...' Both are good players and can be good helpers too in maintaining the good atmosphere of the game.

I believe anyone on the list would be good (that is why they are there, after all....). But TP did say he was dropping the honor because he doesn't have time.

Tankhunter
04-29-2012, 10:03 PM
I wish i could be a moderator..lol

Then I could really hunt....who ever hunts me and others:cool:

Max
05-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I've been playing tanked for about a year and I have saw some bad stuff and I went with bacon1 because when there was no moderator there the closet thing Was bacon1 when ever I had a question bacon1 answered it to the best of his knowledge and kept the fowl language in check and on the forums he has made some great changes that seth decided to use in the game and he has benfited the game greatly you have my full support bacon1 see you around

bacon1
05-25-2012, 01:23 AM
I've been playing tanked for about a year and I have saw some bad stuff and I went with bacon1 because when there was no moderator there the closet thing Was bacon1 when ever I had a question bacon1 answered it to the best of his knowledge and kept the fowl language in check and on the forums he has made some great changes that seth decided to use in the game and he has benfited the game greatly you have my full support bacon1 see you around

Thanks dude. This is really nice. I love reading things like this. You brought a smile to my face, and for that, I thank you.

Max
05-25-2012, 03:16 AM
I am really glad that you liked what I said and I support you but I have a proble I just updated tanked on ios and I was green with 384 cp but when I update it put back at white with 50 cp please help I emailed Seth to please help max

Max
05-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Sorry about that figured it out shot seth a email figured it out

eterminate
05-25-2012, 03:56 AM
I haven't seen bacon1 on tanked because he left before I got a chance to see him. But he's coming back. :-) So my vote is for tpn. He is on a lot, and is very friendly. He understands the game and keeps other players in check.

Zer0
05-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Hmm being a moderator seems like an important job wich it makes it a honorary commitment. I would like to be interested I'd like participating, I hope I become one. Actually what it makes me participate it's the little kids imagine yourself as a kid playing in a place where you just see is trash talk and bullying other players. I hope the new moderator come in strong and put an end to all that. And yo I would like to participate also is there anything I should do to get in that list please someone tell me.

ducktape
05-28-2012, 09:29 PM
will these playes above be deputlised to be mods with the most votes

PS. just wondering

Ducktape

Mr.Beastly
06-08-2012, 02:58 PM
I made it multiple choice, so if you can't decide, just pick both (but don't go crazy), try to limit yourself to 3 or less.
TPNFRC, the #1 player of all time should be moderator because he never curses and is a really nice guy. BTW UNBAN MrBeastly!

Mr.Beastly
06-08-2012, 03:01 PM
No. TPNFRC is better by a longshot.

Zer0
06-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Man I wish I was a moderator cause all the time I see players that are rude and bullies,but I'm not the moderator type cause I can be a jerk sometimes but tpnfrc would be a great moderator tpn! If you read this please think about it ur the best player there is besides Seth.

AnthonyS1C
06-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I think I should also be a moderator just look at the thread called SETH!.

AnthonyS1C
06-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Man I wish I was a moderator cause all the time I see players that are rude and bullies,but I'm not the moderator type cause I can be a jerk sometimes but tpnfrc would be a great moderator tpn! If you read this please think about it ur the best player there is besides Seth.

Zer0,the same thing happens to me all the time just look at the thread SETH!

AnthonyS1C
06-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Hmm being a moderator seems like an important job wich it makes it a honorary commitment. I would like to be interested I'd like participating, I hope I become one. Actually what it makes me participate it's the little kids imagine yourself as a kid playing in a place where you just see is trash talk and bullying other players. I hope the new moderator come in strong and put an end to all that. And yo I would like to participate also is there anything I should do to get in that list please someone tell me.

Yes,I absolutely agree with Zer0.Zer0 and I should have our names up there and I'm not trying to be impolite or anything.:whistling:

AnthonyS1C
06-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Btw why is minja up there he is spool mean.He call me an A-S-S! When I beat him.

BEAST
06-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Would I be a good moderator? Just curious :cool:

AnthonyS1C
06-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I voted soccerfu, t p n, bacon1, kevinzhu and min ja . Hope u all keep our community clean as some kids need to be regulated.

I(no offense) should be a mod.

AnthonyS1C
06-08-2012, 09:37 PM

I don't know.

AquaWhale
06-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I(no offense) should be a mod.

shouldn't we all.

Junior
06-11-2012, 11:31 AM

I think so! from what I know.

soccerfu
06-11-2012, 12:34 PM
If you are honest and don't do bad things anyone here can become a moderator!:)

eterminate
06-12-2012, 12:37 AM
I would think Seth would like to know someone personally before he made them a moderator. Not just over the internet. Just what what I would want if I were in his shoes...

ironman2
08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Lol its ok to leave me out:wheelchair:not that i don't wanna be listed