PDA

View Full Version : The odd 'I can't drive forward or shoot' glitch

tankedrox
04-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Hello Seth,

I've been playing Tanked on and off over the last few months, mostly on a TouchPad, and from time to time I encounter a very odd glitch. I can't 'drive' straight forward but I can drive at an 'angle', sideways, reverse, etc. Also, I can't shoot at all or only if I 'drag' my finger across the button to fire and much slower than usual. From time to time it happens through most of a game, and other times it goes back to normal after I get killed or if I sit and wait for a while. It doesn't seem to happen with any rhyme or reason but does happen every few days I play.

Some others in the game indicate they've encountered the same, and it may only be on the TouchPad, but is this something you've heard of and/or have ever seen? I need to remember to record it with my phone the next time it happens so I can post a video, but hopefully anyone else that reads this and has encounted the same or something similar can chime in to let us know!

tanker
04-14-2012, 01:42 PM
i have had this before, and yes on a touchpad. But its been rare enough I just chalked it up to lag or bad connection... I hate to toss that term "Lag" around but I have experienced what you have.
It has fixed itself once killed or something..lol

billy bob joe
04-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Hello Seth,

I've been playing Tanked on and off over the last few months, mostly on a TouchPad, and from time to time I encounter a very odd glitch. I can't 'drive' straight forward but I can drive at an 'angle', sideways, reverse, etc. Also, I can't shoot at all or only if I 'drag' my finger across the button to fire and much slower than usual. From time to time it happens through most of a game, and other times it goes back to normal after I get killed or if I sit and wait for a while. It doesn't seem to happen with any rhyme or reason but does happen every few days I play.

Some others in the game indicate they've encountered the same, and it may only be on the TouchPad, but is this something you've heard of and/or have ever seen? I need to remember to record it with my phone the next time it happens so I can post a video, but hopefully anyone else that reads this and has encounted the same or something similar can chime in to let us know!

i have an ipad and this usually happens in vip lobby, where i get pushed up against the wall, and lose.:mad:

bacon1
04-14-2012, 03:34 PM
I have a touchpad, and that happens occasionally. Like I think I have said elsewhere, all of my controls get switched so they do the wrong thing, and I can't drive forward at all (you hear the engine start to rev, but then it just dies, in my experience.). I think it's RAM. Try doing a complete power down after that happens next time and that should clear it up. Seemed to work for me. :)

billy bob joe
04-14-2012, 03:57 PM
I have a touchpad, and that happens occasionally. Like I think I have said elsewhere, all of my controls get switched so they do the wrong thing, and I can't drive forward at all (you hear the engine start to rev, but then it just dies, in my experience.). I think it's RAM. Try doing a complete power down after that happens next time and that should clear it up. Seemed to work for me. :)

okay, thanks for the advice.

Play
04-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Hello Seth,

Hey, I just wanted to mention that when I can't move my tank forward, I just go in reverse for a couple of seconds and then start to slowly rotate the tank until it's moving in the forward direction. This works for me about 90% of the time. As far as the actual glitch, I also experience it occasionally and very randomly (and it's not associated with lag). However, I've never experienced the problem you mentioned about also not being able to shoot...

bacon1
04-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Hey, I just wanted to mention that when I can't move my tank forward, I just go in reverse for a couple of seconds and then start to slowly rotate the tank until it's moving in the forward direction. This works for me about 90% of the time. As far as the actual glitch, I also experience it occasionally and very randomly (and it's not associated with lag). However, I've never experienced the problem you mentioned about also not being able to shoot...

Yeah, sometimes kicking it into reverse helps me, but other times it's so bad that I can't even go in reverse!