PDA

View Full Version : Luck bonus for top seller

mimifish
12-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally, the compensation of luck addition for top seller of the day and the overall top 3 players was added to protect the top players from Yang's abuse from many other players. However, practically, very little players would bother to spend their BP's to curse the top players. (People tend to use Yang to do their own revenge. http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif )

So it turns out that in the very first few days only the top players have nearly 100% luck. With current setup that luck events do not take turns, only top players can get their luck events won nearly 100%. That would increase the descrepencies between top players and the rest of the players. It's already been very hard for players to catch top players if you did not have very good first few days. Now it's nearly impossible! (The way that you won't piss off not-pissed customers makes it even harder for people to lose a sale, i.e. harder to catch up since top players will not make any stupid mistakes or unnecessary risks to lose customers.)

My suggestion would be to remove the luck and BP's bonus completely. To prevent the original concern about the abuse to the top players, you can add another feature: bounce Yang. You have certain chance to bounce the cursed Yang's (not the good one) back to the sender. For example, everybody has 40% luck and 20% chance to bounce a Yang. Top 3 players can have 20%, 10%, and 5% more chance to bounce Yang. And every time you bounce a Yang, you lose 5% chance. If you receive cursed tiger and lose luck, you can gain 5% more chance to bounce Yang. Such a system can make the game much better and potentially prevent tons of Yang abuse.

jjohn
12-18-2002, 01:52 PM
Quote[/b] (mimifish @ Dec. 18 2002,8:41)]My suggestion would be to remove the luck and BP's bonus completely. To prevent the original concern about the abuse to the top players, you can add another feature: bounce Yang. You have certain chance to bounce the cursed Yang's (not the good one) back to the sender. For example, everybody has 40% luck and 20% chance to bounce a Yang. Top 3 players can have 20%, 10%, and 5% more chance to bounce Yang. And every time you bounce a Yang, you lose 5% chance. If you receive cursed tiger and lose luck, you can gain 5% more chance to bounce Yang. Such a system can make the game much better and potentially prevent tons of Yang abuse.

I agree with this suggestion. Top seller/parlor bonuses are like giving steep tax breaks to the rich. http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I don't think it's necessary to have a graduated "yang bounce" (oh my!) for top players. Every Yang attempt should have a 1 in 5 chance of affecting the sender. Keep it simple, I say.

wartortle
12-18-2002, 03:27 PM
As someone said a few days ago...

"And the reason there is a "top seller of the day" is? Giving luck to the top people, just means that the top people stay there (can risk all of the events).

So what happens... the top people get further in front (can afford to squash the lower ones, of course), while the lower ones just prey."

Not that anyone replied to this!

ManaUser
12-18-2002, 07:26 PM
If you do away with the top players' bonus, to make up for it you could give bonuses to the to 3 sellers instead of only the top one, it's always fun to get little bonuses. And if you ever do an advertising thing, being a top seller should sount towards whatever adverising helps with.

EDIT, on re-reading this, I see you were talking about both bonuses to start with. I think it's only the top player bonus that's really unfair. The Top seller is often not one of the top 3 players at all (up there for sure of course) and it's a little more random. So I would suggest keeping (or expanding, as above) the top seller bonus.

12-22-2002, 11:44 AM
Miss Coffee and I agree too, ban the top player bonusses! http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Seth
12-24-2002, 02:37 AM
I agree. I lessened the amount on the test server, I suggest other servers do the same. (It's in the game settings menu)

If people would yang top players like I expected this adjustment wouldn't be needed... this makes yangs much more valuable, but I dunno if people will use them.

Dukie
12-24-2002, 02:15 PM
Hmm... So everyone should yang the top players... http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Lord.Gandalf
12-25-2002, 11:13 PM
So is this thread why I have received a few yangs in the past few days?...

One with a good amount of cussing in it to......