PDA

View Full Version : What makes "him" so good???

tanker
04-16-2012, 08:24 PM
I am seeing some guys just climb in points...

How does TPN win so often?
how does AGirl always beat me?
How does someone with an m3 have 2x the kills in a game with RT'S and spiders playing?

I see many of the supposed "good players" win, but I cant see how.... I know how I lose tho:poop:... not looiking for tricks but are some gamers just that much better?... wow, I need to play more games...

Dont mention your love affair for Soccer in this thread either, I know he wins a lot, and have seen him play. He loses a lot too... he is a nice student of the game tho...

Junior
04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
PlayerNew still has an M3 last I saw... I don't see how he manages to be so good, but it's that way with almost any game or any other activity, there's always going to be some geniuses.

For me, one thing that has helped recently is self-discipline. Not playing too much at a time, and taking a break if I'm on a loosing streak, as well as not entering just any game- for instances I strongly dislike the Hedge Maze in beagles mode- so I avoid it as much as possible, and leave if I can before it beings.

bacon1
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I am seeing some guys just climb in points...

How does TPN win so often?
how does AGirl always beat me?
How does someone with an m3 have 2x the kills in a game with RT'S and spiders playing?

I see many of the supposed "good players" win, but I cant see how.... I know how I lose tho:poop:... not looiking for tricks but are some gamers just that much better?... wow, I need to play more games...

Dont mention your love affair for Soccer in this thread either, I know he wins a lot, and have seen him play. He loses a lot too... he is a nice student of the game tho...

Yeah tanker, I think it just comes with experience and practice. TP is good, but beatable. I crushed AGirl when she was green. And just because someone has an m3 doesn't mean they can't beat an rtsoft. If an average player in an rtsoft plays an excellent player in an m3, the m3 will probably win. It's not about having a "better" tank; it's about knowing how to use that tank.

Even though good players win a lot, there's a good chance they've lost that many games as well (just look at the win/loss ratios of MOST players in the top 50).

The players may not be "better", they just have more experience. With time, you may be able to beat them, too. :cool:

bacon1
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
PlayerNew still has an M3 last I saw... I don't see how he manages to be so good, but it's that way with almost any game or any other activity, there's always going to be some geniuses.

For me, one thing that has helped recently is self-discipline. Not playing too much at a time, and taking a break if I'm on a loosing streak, as well as not entering just any game- for instances I strongly dislike the Hedge Maze in beagles mode- so I avoid it as much as possible, and leave if I can before it beings.

Yeah, playernew has an m3 (and has been beaten! :D ).

And hedge maze+beagles is just nightmarish and silly. Seth should just make it like Egypt and crate king, and not allow it. Also, crate king is very easy in Circle if you spawn in front of the opening to the middle (and especially easy in 1 vs. 1).

But yeah, as with anything, practice makes perfect. Once you play a lot, you might be on the top 50, too! :cool:

ducktape
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
some players steal kills and others get the luck of starting with shield many popular memorized maps so they know where you will respond and can shoot dogs at that place and you will die :cool:

bacon1
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
some players steal kills and others get the luck of starting with shield many popular memorized maps so they know where you will respond and can shoot dogs at that place and you will die :cool:

Stealing kills is a part of the game you just have to defend against. It happens and can't be stopped. Starting with shields is very lucky (I often tell people when I teach them that a shield is their best friend in this game.). I know I'm disappointed when I only have one health and one Beatle and spawn in the wide open area of town (because nine times out of ten I get attacked by a guy with a shield, and am powerless to stop my demise. It's even worse when they have two!). You don't really have to memorize the maps, either: as far as I can tell, many times people respawn in the opposite corner from where they are killed, and in a corner away from people (sometimes it randomly puts you in the middle of action, but not very often, in my experience.). And the chances of a beagle killing a freshly respawned person are very slim, and that barely happens at all.

AOEO
04-17-2012, 01:34 PM
in circle, kill them on one side, shoot a beagle down the middle. BAM!, your dead ;)

AOEO
04-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, playernew has an m3 (and has been beaten! :D ).

And hedge maze+beagles is just nightmarish and silly. Seth should just make it like Egypt and crate king, and not allow it. Also, crate king is very easy in Circle if you spawn in front of the opening to the middle (and especially easy in 1 vs. 1).

But yeah, as with anything, practice makes perfect. Once you play a lot, you might be on the top 50, too! :cool:

Ahh...I love crate king....good ol' days with only 50 points (and once I figured out how to change the mode? life was good.)

bacon1
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Ahh...I love crate king....good ol' days with only 50 points (and once I figured out how to change the mode? life was good.)

And once you couldn't change the mode anymore..............?

bacon1
04-18-2012, 12:25 AM
in circle, kill them on one side, shoot a beagle down the middle. BAM!, your dead ;)

That's what I tell a lot of people during training. After killing someone, go around to the opening, and the foe will appear on the other side. Then do whatever you want, because they are in your control............

AOEO
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
And once you couldn't change the mode anymore..............?

mhe, 50 cp down the drain....or was it 100 cp? I didn't have thousands of cp back then...maybe..200 of it.

aGIRLS1C
04-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah tanker, I think it just comes with experience and practice. TP is good, but beatable. I crushed AGirl when she was green. And just because someone has an m3 doesn't mean they can't beat an rtsoft. If an average player in an rtsoft plays an excellent player in an m3, the m3 will probably win. It's not about having a "better" tank; it's about knowing how to use that tank.

Even though good players win a lot, there's a good chance they've lost that many games as well (just look at the win/loss ratios of MOST players in the top 50).

The players may not be "better", they just have more experience. With time, you may be able to beat them, too. :cool:

lol, you remember when you beat me ? still, nice knowing many people think i'm good (:

bacon1
04-19-2012, 01:06 AM
mhe, 50 cp down the drain....or was it 100 cp? I didn't have thousands of cp back then...maybe..200 of it.

I don't know how many I may have lost back then.....

That was right around the time I gambled my points to 0, so I couldn't really lose anything. ;)

bacon1
04-19-2012, 01:08 AM
lol, you remember when you beat me ? still, nice knowing many people think i'm good (:

Well, the stats don't lie. :cool:

aGIRLS1C
04-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, the stats don't lie. :cool:
wow . thanks , you're good, too !

bacon1
04-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Well, thanks. But anybody can be good with practice and the right technique :D.