PDA

View Full Version : Terreria help.

darksnake99
01-05-2014, 03:13 AM
I just started playing Terraria, and much to my suprise my town of NPCs appears to be in very close proximity to corruption. I need to know how to stop the corruption. Are there any EASY ways? Last time I ventured out there I got beat up by this giant worm thing and fell into a super deep hole. :sweatdrop:
I don't want my world destroyed!

TIMTAM
01-05-2014, 03:22 AM
You can always try going to your local dryad and buying this stuff called purification powder. It turns corruption into normal.

You can also push the corruption back with the powder than create a deep hole and form a wall out of a material that cannot be turned into corruption (like wood), make sure this wall goes deep down and the corruption won't spread past it.

Hope I helped (:

Thanks,
Tim (TIMTAM)

darksnake99
01-05-2014, 04:05 AM
You can always try going to your local dryad and buying this stuff called purification powder. It turns corruption into normal.

You can also push the corruption back with the powder than create a deep hole and form a wall out of a material that cannot be turned into corruption (like wood), make sure this wall goes deep down and the corruption won't spread past it.

Hope I helped (:

Thanks,
Tim (TIMTAM)

I don't have a dryad yet... Can I get one to come live in my village by killing an Eye of Cthulu? Also, how muh would that powder cost?

Rabidpotato
01-05-2014, 04:18 AM
I got this off a wiki article~

Corruption Prevention
There are numerous ways to prevent the Corruption, such as separating your house/base from the rest of the map with a 3-block wide buffer or 3 Sunflowers.Keep in mind, that The Corruption will still be able to spread underground. You do not need to completely seal off your base, only separate the parts of your base from contact with the rest of the map that could become Corrupted.

Another way is to cure the Corruption before defeating the Wall of Flesh, eliminating the preventatives needed to protect your base. However this is a rather hard alternative as, although it has the best results, it is time- and money-wasting, for little or no profit. Also, as the Hardmode spawns more Corruption, the original biome is not as worth clearing.

Another method is to spread the Hallow on the both sides of your house, as neither the Corruption nor the Hallow can spread across the other.

A quick (depends on size) but expensive way to clear the Corruption is by simply blowing it up (with any kind of explosive save Grenades). However, this is very expensive and will leave a very big hole.

Another (potentially expensive) way to clear the Corruption is to use the Clentaminator to convert corrupted blocks to normal dirt and stone or Hallowed dirt and stone. The Clentaminator uses various colored solutions as ammo, all of which need to be purchased and cannot be crafted.

darksnake99
01-05-2014, 06:57 AM
I got this off a wiki article~

Corruption Prevention
There are numerous ways to prevent the Corruption, such as separating your house/base from the rest of the map with a 3-block wide buffer or 3 Sunflowers.Keep in mind, that The Corruption will still be able to spread underground. You do not need to completely seal off your base, only separate the parts of your base from contact with the rest of the map that could become Corrupted.

Another way is to cure the Corruption before defeating the Wall of Flesh, eliminating the preventatives needed to protect your base. However this is a rather hard alternative as, although it has the best results, it is time- and money-wasting, for little or no profit. Also, as the Hardmode spawns more Corruption, the original biome is not as worth clearing.

Another method is to spread the Hallow on the both sides of your house, as neither the Corruption nor the Hallow can spread across the other.

A quick (depends on size) but expensive way to clear the Corruption is by simply blowing it up (with any kind of explosive save Grenades). However, this is very expensive and will leave a very big hole.

Another (potentially expensive) way to clear the Corruption is to use the Clentaminator to convert corrupted blocks to normal dirt and stone or Hallowed dirt and stone. The Clentaminator uses various colored solutions as ammo, all of which need to be purchased and cannot be crafted.

1st solution: I don't want to live in a base surronded by corruption.

2nd solution: I can't do that. I'll get killed first.

3rd solution: I don't know what the Hallow is and how to get it.

4th solution: I will probably do this, however it will take a while because I currently only have grenades. I will build a wall like TIMTAM said to hold it at bay until then.

5th solution: I play on iOS, so that item doesn't exist.

Jeremy012
01-05-2014, 08:42 AM
I don't have a dryad yet... Can I get one to come live in my village by killing an Eye of Cthulu? Also, how muh would that powder cost?

Kill skeletron 1st to unlock the dungeon exploring. To engage one simply talk to the old man at night

(Or if your not that strong enugh)

Defeat the eye of cthulu to get demonite ore's then turn them into normal bars make a sword or axe (i recommend using the axe) then kill the Skeletron with that. You can get nifty items inside the dungeon

darksnake99
01-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Kill skeletron 1st to unlock the dungeon exploring. To engage one simply talk to the old man at night

(Or if your not that strong enugh)

Defeat the eye of cthulu to get demonite ore's then turn them into normal bars make a sword or axe (i recommend using the axe) then kill the Skeletron with that. You can get nifty items inside the dungeon

I just killed the eye and a dryad moved in. I also tested out some of that purification poweder. 70 copper per set, eek!

Jeremy012
01-06-2014, 02:10 PM
I just killed the eye and a dryad moved in. I also tested out some of that purification poweder. 70 copper per set, eek!

Wut? You made 70 COPPER SETS?!... I dont even..

P.S go to the coruption area and break some of the Purple balls they give you pretty legit items that might attract certain npc's...

Boomer
01-06-2014, 03:12 PM
OMG you traitor! You're supposed to stick with GT!:mad:

Oh wait I play Minecraft for like, 6 hours a day...:whistling:

darksnake99
01-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Wut? You made 70 COPPER SETS?!... I dont even..

P.S go to the coruption area and break some of the Purple balls they give you pretty legit items that might attract certain npc's...

Haha... No. I mean each set of purification powder costs 70 copper coins. XD

darksnake99
01-08-2014, 01:56 AM
OMG you traitor! You're supposed to stick with GT!:mad:

Oh wait I play Minecraft for like, 6 hours a day...:whistling:

Haha... Minecraft...
Everyone at my school likes it and hates me because I like Terraria. I just like that the NPCs aren't stupid Squidwards. XD