PDA

View Full Version : Increase Yang Usage?

redink1
01-15-2003, 05:49 PM
It just feels... wrong that Yang's food costs BP whereas everything else costs tags.

So if I were to send a yang once a day, every day on the RTSoft Test Server, it'd cost me... 480 BP. And some of these competitions have been quite close.

And some people don't want to use a Yang that day to hold onto the Top Seller bonus.

So... what if you made it so every Yang cost 1 gold tag (or even silver) instead? I know I'd probably be more likely to yang someone if it cost tags instead of BP.

Deathstalker
01-15-2003, 05:56 PM
http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif I have to agree with that but a yang should be more powerful you know like silver yang costs 1 silver tage(it takes away 1 point of strength....gold yang costs 5 gold(takes away 1 point of Luck) platitinum yang costs 10 gold(takes away 10 bps) or something like that..this way new players would have a better chance at attaining higher levals and older players wouldnt be so smug...... http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif

redink1
01-15-2003, 06:18 PM
More powerful? Nah. If a silver tag removed one strength from anyone you chose, then nobody would have any strength at all. And there would be absolutely no reason to increase your strength at the University... why spend 9 gold for a strength upgrade when someone can kill it with 1 little silver tag?

And for your other ideas (gold and platinum)... there would be no motivation to buy those. They cost too much for what they accomplish.

Hori
01-16-2003, 04:27 AM
Deathstalkers idea is alright.... just needs a bit of work. Your ideas for Yangs were a bit ummmm ridiculous to say the least. 1 silver to take down 1 strength shoot if i had that option open to me Lord.Gandalf and Mimifish wouldn't have any strength and neither probably would I nor anyone else for that matter...

Different kinds of yangs for spending more tags or BP's is a good idea though... a gold cursed tiger (it is tiger isn't it?) could take away more luck than one brought with wood or silver tag(s) that could also go for the lucky sparrow and that other lucky one (whats that one called?) or the better yangs could cost multiple gold tags...

i agree with Redink though, i would buy way more Yangs if they cost tags...

Deathstalker
01-18-2003, 01:36 AM
more of a realy basic Idea that I thought might do well with modifications of coures but the basic concept is to have multiple type yangs....a yang for every occasion... http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif

mimifish
01-18-2003, 05:17 AM
Although it is true that everything else costs tags, I still do not think that changing to tag-based fare would make thing any different. Since most people can never have luck much higher than 50% and at the same time cannot be lower than 40% (you can get it back by using very little BP's to buy unlimited lucky dragon until you are more than 40%).

And the sole purpose of Yang is to reduce people's luck, and I believe most of the players who do not have high luck won't even bother to try the risk of losing 50 BP's. Wasting tags on Yang to bring other people's luck down does not make much sense as the same as wasting your BP's. There is no meaning to bring my luck down to zero if I did not bother to risk at all for the random luck event!

wartortle
01-20-2003, 08:19 PM
The yangs are coming into play more, it seems, because people are getting organised, into feeding the top player(s) with lots of bad yang. Maybe it should be possible for players to buy a "100% luck" yang... but it shouldn't be cheap!

01-30-2003, 01:13 AM
Actually I believe that the luck is a little too easy to keep up unless you have enemies or are a top player. In the DX Gaming Server I host my girlfriend routinely sends me good luck yangs, and she got up to 100 luck a few days ago. Since then her selflessness ran out as she got upset that I passed her in the rankings so my daily presents stopped. However it's been several days since I've got to 100 luck and it stays around 90-100 and because of that I'm practually guarenteed EVERY luck event. Removes some of the strategy.

What would you guys think about a daily maintance at midnight that lowered all players with > 90% luck to 90%? Just to even things out a little?