PDA

View Full Version : Scoring inconsistencies??

jim_chung
04-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Maybe its just me but I find myself often on the short side of the stick. I will lose and then lose massive points. When I win, players on the losing side who have hundreds or even thousands of more points lose a much smaller percentage of their points. Or if I am the major scorer by far on a losing side composed mainly of new players (or just having a good game) ... I still lose massive points with no recognition of my uneven contribution.

Is the scoring formula posted somewhere?

Coalition
04-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Maybe its just me but I find myself often on the short side of the stick. I will lose and then lose massive points. When I win, players on the losing side who have hundreds or even thousands of more points lose a much smaller percentage of their points. Or if I am the major scorer by far on a losing side composed mainly of new players (or just having a good game) ... I still lose massive points with no recognition of my uneven contribution.

Is the scoring formula posted somewhere?

Welcome to the forum, Jim. Yes, Seth explained his scoring algorithm in a previous post. We may not all like it, but it is part of the game to win small, but lose big. Here is the discussion of scoring in a solo environment:

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?4262-How-online-scoring-is-calculated&highlight=scoring

And here he briefly explains the scoring in a team environment:

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?4503-The-piont-scoring-system-is-all-f-d-up/page2&highlight=scoring

In general, the losing team in a team game will lose percentages (based on game placement) of the average of the current scores of all losing team members.

bacon1
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
But it does seem to bite you in the butt, doesn't it? I remember being green, and playing with three whites (team game). I lost, and lost a lot of points (for a green). Then, right after that, me and a white played two pinks and won, and they lost less points than I had the round before. It stinks, but it just has to be dealt with. Just be cool about it. :cool: