PDA

View Full Version : Sherman's tank firing range

proteaus
04-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi Seth,

Yesterday I thought it strange that given a far distance (almost at the opposite end of the spawning area of arena) that Sherman tank can easily outfire me even using an RTSofttank.

I did lost considerable points (almost more than 1k) as a result of several battles where majority of hits where made by a Sherman.

Until today where we had a chat with manlove and tpn...I realized I was not alone and that they encountered the same issue.

I hope you can look into this matter.

Regards,
Proteaus

Coalition
04-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi Seth,

Yesterday I thought it strange that given a far distance (almost at the opposite end of the spawning area of arena) that Sherman tank can easily outfire me even using an RTSofttank.

I did lost considerable points (almost more than 1k) as a result of several battles where majority of hits where made by a Sherman.

Until today where we had a chat with manlove and tpn...I realized I was not alone and that they encountered the same issue.

If you're sure this isn't an issue caused by network latency, where the Shermans shots reach you before yours reach him, then I would be surprised. The other players you cite lend some anecdotal support to your claims, though.

Now, I was going to suggest different ranges as a variable to change between certain models of tanks, but until now I assumed all ranges were constant across all models... Fascinating. I await Seths response.

proteaus
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks Coalition for your feedback.

Variable firing range do sounds good; that should complement the type of tank as built.

I await Seth's feedback as well for enlightenment on the matter.

bacon1
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
I have to agree that I thought the ranges were the same. I don't think I have ever seen a shot from any tank reach across that large of an area, though. Very odd.............:confused:

ALien BBQ
04-27-2012, 11:48 PM
The Sherman can also fire thru the center wall in the maze. Been killed a few time when we were 180 degrees apart.

proteaus
04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
I got prompt clarification from Seth regarding the Sherman tank's firing range.

'Sherman firing range should be exactly the same as the RTsoft...'

Thank you Coalition and Bacon1 for your earlier feedback as well.

truth
04-28-2012, 11:20 AM
I got prompt clarification from Seth regarding the Sherman tank's firing range.

'Sherman firing range should be exactly the same as the RTsoft...'

Thank you Coalition and Bacon1 for your earlier feedback as well.

so the Sherman and rtsoft 'can' shoot further than all other tanks? Shouldn't that be mentioned in the stats? So ppl know what there up agains.t. Or buying? Just a thought :whistling:

proteaus
04-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I believe the feedback was that all tanks have the same firing range. My apologies for any confusion.

bacon1
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Hmm....

But wouldn't that raise another question?

What if the rtsoft does have longer range than the m3?

I don't think it does, but it might........

Things that make you go "huh"..............

Play
04-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Hmm....

But wouldn't that raise another question?

What if the rtsoft does have longer range than the m3?

I don't think it does, but it might........

Things that make you go "huh"..............

Seth answered that way because those two tanks were in the original question.

ALL of the tanks have the exact same firing range.

bacon1
04-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Seth answered that way because those two tanks were in the original question.

ALL of the tanks have the exact same firing range.

Oh, that makes sense.....