PDA

View Full Version : Rooting?

maplepro
01-22-2014, 06:47 AM
Was thinking of rooting my Tab 3, and I heard from a friend of mine that rooting makes Growtopia/my device lag. So, anyone have any idea if it will lag if I root? Will it affect anything? Will un rooting my device change my device back to normal, just like how it is before I root? Also, anyone knows of a Screen Recording app, that doesn't require root? Thanks.

Cyanogen
01-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Rooting will not effect you (lag wise) unless you install a thousand 'restricted' apps or change vital system files / stop the TRIM from working properly.

It is fairly safe, and Android is amazing. You will learn that you can install systems (different versions etc.) And you can also go back to what it is now with ease.

Going back is a little different though. It involves flashing a stock ROM (system) onto your phone, then unrooting it. A lot of people make the mistake of flashing a custom ROM, then leaving it on after unrooting.

If none of that made sense to you, then don't worry. If you are rooting for a screen recording and that is it, I would say to do it.

There is slight risk, although it is pretty easy to fix things if something goes wrong (very unlikely that anything will go wrong). It also voids your warranty, which you can gain back.

You need root to run a screen recorder as it needs permissions that Google doesn't let app use normally.

In short. Do it. But do not mess around with ROMS or files that you do not know of. Screen recorders are fine, so if that is all you are rooting for, then do it.

l0l
01-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Root freely. I had a galaxy tab 3, and I rooted it, and I now can record and play growtopia normally.

Jeremy012
01-22-2014, 12:14 PM
You can even hack games with memory editors (such as GameCIH)...