PDA

View Full Version : What is a Spider Bot?

Tifa
01-23-2014, 06:39 AM
I've recently just started to look around the forums, i never clicked anywhere else on the forums but the new posts and my profile about Growtopia.

I clicked the "whose online" and saw this:

Im curious does anyone know who or what this is?

Metalica
01-23-2014, 06:41 AM
It's just a punch of forumers who named there selves to spider bots

Jeffrey
01-23-2014, 06:42 AM
LOL! I dont know too! But where did u clicked?
:sweatdrop:

IAmABrodie
01-23-2014, 06:43 AM
Most likely spam-bots lookin' for free advertising over the internet. See that <<9355 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated>> at the bottom of the page? That's probably the spam-bots being blocked by the system. Just a theory though, don't know much about these kind of things.

Either way, ignore 'em. Whether they are bots or people, they pose no threat as they'll be auto-blocked or manually banned (That is, if they spam).

Tifa
01-23-2014, 06:49 AM
LOL! I dont know too! But where did u clicked?
:sweatdrop:

Scroll all the way up, Click the words "Quick Links" and then click "Who's Online"

optimuswhat
01-23-2014, 07:49 AM
I believe these are used for search engines, so the forums pop up in searches.

l0l
01-23-2014, 10:26 AM
*Facepalm* Spider bots are bots used by search engoines, they go through millions of pages and search for content corresponding to your search query. Si these were going through threads adding data to google, in case someone will google "Im Selling" or "Ultra Trophy 3000", but that would probably be somewhere on the last page.

Tifa
01-23-2014, 10:42 AM
*Facepalm* Spider bots are bots used by search engoines, they go through millions of pages and search for content corresponding to your search query. Si these were going through threads adding data to google, in case someone will google "Im Selling" or "Ultra Trophy 3000", but that would probably be somewhere on the last page.

You dont have to hit yourself on your face just because i dont know this.... It's not something we learn in school or anywhere else. Now only I can *Facepalm*

l0l
01-23-2014, 10:51 AM
You dont have to hit yourself on your face just because i dont know this.... It's not something we learn in school or anywhere else. Now only I can *Facepalm*

The facepalm is not directed to you. I just expected that someone will know the correct answer ._.

Anulot
01-23-2014, 10:56 PM
I've recently just started to look around the forums, i never clicked anywhere else on the forums but the new posts and my profile about Growtopia.

I clicked the "whose online" and saw this:

Im curious does anyone know who or what this is?

Spider bots "crawl" over the internet... Gathering data about websites to better improve their search engine results and such. It's no big deal. I found an article awhile ago, I'll post the link if I find it.

trice
01-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Duh it's when spider man becomes an evil scientist who soon makes an army of robots to take over the internet.

Tifa
01-23-2014, 11:50 PM
Duh it's when spider man becomes an evil scientist who soon makes an army of robots to take over the internet.

WOW ... If you scroll down to similar threads, you 'll see someone posted a thread about a Spiderman Pack lol :D

TheKill69
01-24-2014, 01:21 AM
Its an automatic account that checks the whole forums.
It extracts the threads's name and descriptions to put them on the search. (Google , for exemple.)

l0l
01-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Its an automatic account that checks the whole forums.
It extracts the threads's name and descriptions to put them on the search. (Google , for exemple.)

Thhats right what I daid lol