PDA

View Full Version : New experimental server up

Seth
12-08-2002, 04:25 AM
My new server will be running some new beta stuff including safes, heavy locks and arson.

It will also be evolving during the tourney, so play at your own risk.

Mimifish and jjohn please check it out and let me know what you think!

Everybody, feel free to post comments/complaints/suggestions here in the forums so we can discuss.

I'll put this version (0.80) up as soon as it seems stable and I finish a few missing graphics.

Important change: People who aren't pissed will no longer leave if you go over their limit. They get angry very quick, but you'll never see an "Annoyed" person leave because you went over his limit anymore.

redink1
12-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Um... how do you set someone's house on fire? Or hasn't that been implemented yet?

[Edit:] Ah, nevermind, Hori answered my question, although probably unintentionally.

Tal
12-08-2002, 05:22 PM
Quote[/b] (Seth @ Dec. 07 2002,10:25)]Important change: People who aren't pissed will no longer leave if you go over their limit. They get angry very quick, but you'll never see an "Annoyed" person leave because you went over his limit anymore.
Thank you.

Hori
12-08-2002, 08:52 PM
oh what a first day.... first turn and college frat boys trash my parlour then next turn 'the twins' come by with a friendly offer to burn down an opponents palour. if only i had those 6 old tags.... someone would be burning now....

can you get your palour burnt more than once in a day?

and can you use a lockpick to get into a safe?

Lord.Gandalf
12-09-2002, 07:29 PM
And can I beat up Hori everyday while the server is up?

Thanks. http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Heretic Man
12-10-2002, 04:13 AM
I'm enjoying the new version! Just two things: When you use the /all command in the Bar, Shouldn't "in Cafe" be capitalized? Yeah I know, nit-picking details but still. Also I’m wondering if there should be some way that you can send tags or BP to other people. You know, as bribes or “Good will gifts”. That may add a new dimension to the player interaction part of the game. I can see it now, players build their empire on the Mafia school of Business, “Give me a gold tag a day or your parlor gets torched.” Ahh, the possibilities.

Seth
12-10-2002, 04:53 AM
To answer a few questions:

A lockpick can only be used for picking "Heavy Padlocks" not Safes. The um.. safe is a combination lock so a lockpick won't work. Yeah, that's it.

If you beat a player who owns a safe, you will force him to open it so you can steal tags, however. So a safe is good for two things: Stops stealing without winning a battle and protects wood tags from fire.

Tag transfer: I totally agree. I have two choices with this. Add a /give command to the chatroom so it forces two people to be on to do the transfer (slightly less cheat prone, requires two IP's to allow a dupe account to send tags to a main account)

OR

Add a Tag Transfer option directly the bank.

Thoughts?

Hori
12-10-2002, 07:32 AM
the tag transfer shouldn't be limited by how much you can give but you should only allow one account to recieve a certain amount of tags per day (maybe one gold)

maybe you should sell 'safe-cracking kits' as well at the di-mart so that weaker players can steal from the stronger ones even though they can't beat them in fights. although if there was a limit to the amount able to be stored in safes they could still steal.... is there a limit?

how often do 'the twins' visit people? cos i don't want Lord.Gandalf getting them to much (if at all) he seems to have a vendetta against me....

....and i ain't done nothing

wartortle
12-10-2002, 07:40 PM
"Important change: People who aren't pissed will no longer leave if you go over their limit. They get angry very quick, but you'll never see an "Annoyed" person leave because you went over his limit anymore."

An angry person left today, when I tried to hard sell them.

Heretic Man
12-11-2002, 04:44 AM
I think that a tag transfer done in the cafe would be cool. That way instead of just finding out that you get something you would be talking to the person. And it would be more of a on the fly action, for example someone is whining about needed just one more tag in order to buy a brand new hearse that will SAVE CHRISTMAS, the other party would be able to give it to them right away. Also if someone wants to start a clan with dues or something of that sort, all the members would have to log on at the same time, meaning that they would need to plan in advance for any clan meeting. So my vote on tag transfer is for having it done in the café.

And in response to Hori, you just have to hope that Lord.Gandalf’s vendetta against you isn’t worth 6 gold tags.

Lord.Gandalf
12-11-2002, 08:09 AM
Quote[/b] (Hori @ Dec. 09 2002,11:32)]how often do 'the twins' visit people? cos i don't want Lord.Gandalf getting them to much (if at all) he seems to have a vendetta against me....

....and i ain't done nothing
It's all in good fun..

I'm just messing. http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

mimifish
12-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Quote[/b] ]An angry person left today, when I tried to hard sell them.

I guessed what Seth meaned was that a non-pissed won't left just because you sell over the limit. If that person has non-zero resistance, he might still leave. Otherwise, the game might become too easy.

lpahfa
09-01-2004, 08:35 AM
http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif
How can i play funeral quest?http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif???