Legoaddict
02-09-2014, 07:04 PM
http://www.moetron.com/uploads/20131228_fairytail03.jpg
It's more of an Asian thing.

GBAGamer
02-09-2014, 07:05 PM

*** u talkin about asians? japanese people make anime btw anime is cool and awesome so yeah

- - - Updated - - -

*** u talkin about asians? japanese people make anime btw anime is cool and awesome so yeah

Legoaddict
02-09-2014, 07:25 PM

Japanese people are Asians -.-

GBAGamer
02-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Japanese people are Asians -.-

LOL NUB UR WRONG...."Looks it up on google"

Whoops nvm sorry XD

The 978
02-09-2014, 07:29 PM
so its gay work

GBAGamer
02-09-2014, 07:30 PM
so its gay work

A. Are you trying to get banned?
B. Anime is awesome. Stop flooding my ears with your opinions about anime .___.

Timewarper
02-09-2014, 07:32 PM
so its gay work

How can you not like anime? You must be one strange creature.

GBAGamer
02-09-2014, 07:34 PM

Justin bieber posted on twitter saying he hated anime
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607987324118239715&w=222&h=172&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Timewarper
02-09-2014, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=GBAGamer;374209]Justin bieber posted on twitter saying he hated anime

So the978 and just bieber hate anime...I think I know who the978 is...

GBAGamer
02-09-2014, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=GBAGamer;374209]Justin bieber posted on twitter saying he hated anime

Excactly

lel

Eyedea
02-09-2014, 08:02 PM
i didnt get it

I don't know, I just know that it sucks and that the creators of it have no skill in animation.

optimuswhat
02-09-2014, 08:19 PM
They're Japanese cartoons.
Anime means "animation".

Oh, and Eyedea, they DO have better skill in animation. It depends how much you are willing to pay to produce one show. One episode is worth more than an American episode. They can sometimes go up to a million dollars.

The American show "The Transformers" (from the 80's) was produced by a Japanese studio. Some American shows are produced by Anime studios.

Brennanber
02-09-2014, 08:20 PM
I don't know, I just know that it sucks and that the creators of it have no skill in animation.

Actually, anime is known for its animation. Some anime is just romance but im into the gore and demon fun stuff, full metal alchemist for example.

I would show a link but it some fight scenes in full metal alchemist are over the edge sometimes.

Dodoman
02-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm actually in between liking it and hating it because I used to watch the Pokémon Anime when I was younger.

Eyedea
02-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Actually, anime is known for its animation. Some anime is just romance but im into the gore and demon fun stuff, full metal alchemist for example.

I would show a link but it some fight scenes in full metal alchemist are over the edge sometimes.

Its known for its animation? That's actually quite sad. I would hate to watch a show in like 10-15 fps. Also most of the times they're so lazy when they do a close up of a character its just one picture with the mouth moving, sometimes not even matching the words. Spongebob has better animation, if you ever watch spongebob you can see how smoothly the characters move and how there hardly ever is a still character theyre always moving or give some illusion that they're actually real and not just a picture. I watched a couple of anime clips and all that I see is pictures with moving mouths.

OniicChan
02-09-2014, 08:58 PM

This is for the Win! Nice Timewarper, :D

Well If you don't know much about Anime, and then you might be one of this?:

• Around 70 yrs. old.
• Alien from another galaxy
• Special.
• Or maybe you don't have a Life.

Eyedea
02-09-2014, 09:00 PM
They're Japanese cartoons.
Anime means "animation".

Oh, and Eyedea, they DO have better skill in animation. It depends how much you are willing to pay to produce one show. One episode is worth more than an American episode. They can sometimes go up to a million dollars.

The American show "The Transformers" (from the 80's) was produced by a Japanese studio. Some American shows are produced by Anime studios.

Do you know what animation is?

optimuswhat
02-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Do you know what animation is?

Yes.
Not sure if you do.
I mentioned that anime meant animation.
And that you need a big budget for the animation to look like American CGI-smooth.

You're very picky.
There was a LoZ anime, too.

COLTONROCKO
02-09-2014, 09:10 PM
*cough* Racist..... XD

Eyedea
02-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Yes.
Not sure if you do.
I mentioned that anime meant animation.
And that you need a big budget for the animation to look like American CGI-smooth.

Just because anime is short for animation doesn't mean they're good at animating. Read the reply I left for the other dude don't feel like retyping it. I find it sad how wildly popular anime is yet they're too cheap to produce better stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Justin bieber posted on twitter saying he hated anime

Just curious, do you have any proof of Justin posting that? Not saying that he didn't just want to see some sort of proof Justin's #1 stalker.

JackFrostz
02-09-2014, 09:24 PM
i didnt get it

The point of anime is to express there feelings of drawing anime characters.:whistling:

Rabidpotato
02-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Its known for its animation? That's actually quite sad. I would hate to watch a show in like 10-15 fps. Also most of the times they're so lazy when they do a close up of a character its just one picture with the mouth moving, sometimes not even matching the words. Spongebob has better animation, if you ever watch spongebob you can see how smoothly the characters move and how there hardly ever is a still character theyre always moving or give some illusion that they're actually real and not just a picture. I watched a couple of anime clips and all that I see is pictures with moving mouths.

The mouth movements don't match since they have to also dub the episodes in English.
Also, what anime clips did you watch?

Eyedea
02-09-2014, 09:33 PM
The mouth movements don't match since they have to also dub the episodes in English.
Also, what anime clips did you watch?

A couple of different ones. I watched full metal alchemist since that one dude mentioned it, attack on the titans the animation on that one is pretty good compared to the others but there's still moments where the animation just blows. Also watched other random anime clips.

optimuswhat
02-09-2014, 09:34 PM
A couple of different ones. I watched full metal alchemist since that one dude mentioned it, attack on the titans the animation on that one is pretty good compared to the others but there's still moments where the animation just blows. Also watched other random anime clips.

This guy reminds me of those graphics over gameplay guys.
In this case, animation over story.

Rabidpotato
02-09-2014, 09:42 PM

I personally don't care about the animation unless it's choppy and looks bad, it's all about the story.
Comparing spongebob to an anime is a terrible comparison. Of course the Japanese animation will differ greatly from an American one.

Eyedea
02-09-2014, 09:44 PM
This guy reminds me of those graphics over gameplay guys.
In this case, animation over story.

Haha I like how you just stopped defending anime since you know the animation is crappy.
Oh please if I wanted to watch something for its story I'll watch game of thrones, breaking bad, homeland, true blood, dexter, the walking dead, Etc.
Sorry I don't like watching garbage. If they can't animate they should of just made them into books if its only about the story.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally don't care about the animation unless it's choppy and looks bad, it's all about the story.
Comparing spongebob to an anime is a terrible comparison. Of course the Japanese animation will differ greatly from an American one.

How is that a terrible comparison? We were talking about animation were we not derp?

optimuswhat
02-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Ignore the troll (Eyedea) guys.
He's ignorant, clearly. Just continue on with what we were supposed to talk about.

Eyedea
02-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Ignore the troll (Eyedea) guys.
He's ignorant, clearly. Just continue on with what we were supposed to talk about.

I'm a troll for not liking something than pointing out why I don't like it? Wow. Didn't know how stating my opinion and backing it up with detail on why I don't like something is considered a troll. Its funny how anime is like a god to you where you can't say anything about it even if it is true. Is it so hard to say animation in anime sucks?

Alikihari
02-09-2014, 11:32 PM
The new pokemon series is anime now...

JrFarmer
02-09-2014, 11:54 PM
i didnt get it

I Don't get It Either...:scratch::scratch::nope::nope::panic:

Rabidpotato
02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
I Don't get It Either...:scratch::scratch::nope::nope::panic:

Then you might have a problem...

IAmABrodie
02-10-2014, 12:06 AM

Err, judging Anime on it's animation is just like judging apples for not being blue. Anime isn't supposed to have great animation, it never was meant for it. The whole style focuses less have no skill", it's because they feel it's not as important as capturing the setting perfectly along with a great (And usually depressing ;_;) story.

Could you also elaborate further on how it "sucks"? I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I'm just curious as to what makes it suck for you. Simply saying "it sucks" isn't a great argument lol.

Edit:
To answer the main topic of the thread, the point of Anime is just that of any other form of entertainment, to enjoy ourselves. If you mean the form of style, as I've already explained, it's point is to give more attention to the details of the setting and the story, and even more detail to the characters themselves (Explains how they were able to capture the human eye so perfectly, for the most part).

Alikihari
02-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Err, judging Anime on it's animation is just like judging apples for not being blue. Anime isn't supposed to have great animation, it never was meant for it. The whole style focuses less on movement animations and more on realistic setting with properly placed camera angles. So it's lack in animation isn't because the artists "suck", it's because they feel it's not as important as capturing the setting perfectly along with a great (And usually depressing ;_;) story.

Could you also elaborate further on how it "sucks"? I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I'm just curious as to what makes it suck for you. Simply saying "it sucks" isn't a great argument lol.

Iamarodie here to save the day

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 12:22 AM
Err, judging Anime on it's animation is just like judging apples for not being blue. Anime isn't supposed to have great animation, it never was meant for it. The whole style focuses less have no skill", it's because they feel it's not as important as capturing the setting perfectly along with a great (And usually depressing ;_;) story.

It suck because I don't like it? Better? Not really into the stories and the same art style among all anime. All seems the same to me. But it sucking is more of my opinion don't ya think so? So I don't know why you're going to try and justify my opinion.
That's a pretty bad comparison. I like how you say its not about the animation yet every other anime fan said they have great animation. Once again it would of been easier to just make it into a book if they don't care about the animation of it.

IAmABrodie
02-10-2014, 12:36 AM
It suck because I don't like it? Better? Not really into the stories and the same art style among all anime. All seems the same to me. But it sucking is more of my opinion don't ya think so? So I don't know why you're going to try and justify my opinion.
That's a pretty bad comparison. I like how you say its not about the animation yet every other anime fan said they have great animation. Once again it would of been easier to just make it into a book if they don't care about the animation of it.

I understand it's your opinion and I ain't trying for you to to justify it, I'm just curious is all. I mean, there has to be a reason why you dislike it, but you obviously don't feel up to sharing.

It's not a "pretty bad comparison" either, it's spot on to the point I was getting to. Yes, they did say it had great animation, but that's THEIR opinion. The fact is, the animators don't bother focusing on movement animation as much as the setting and details. Anime isn't supposed to have awesome animations, just as an apple isn't supposed to be blue.

They do make books, it's called Manga. But lets be honest, it's impossible for text and still images to replace real voices and actions, that's why they bother making it into an animation. I never said they disliked animating movement, they just feel it's not as important as the details.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to persuade you or anything, I'd just like more of a debate. If you hate Anime this much you'd think you can put together a better argument :p

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 12:51 AM

You say that animes animation suck? Lol that's ironic cus like 7 million people love anime in the world and say the animation is amazing while lonely you say the animation is terrible and sucks
Also look it up Justin bieber actually did say he hated anime.

Also. I'd like to see you try to draw a full 20 minute episode drawing every frame.

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 12:51 AM
I understand it's your opinion and I ain't trying for you to to justify it, I'm just curious is all. I mean, there has to be a reason why you dislike it, but you obviously don't feel up to sharing.

It's not a "pretty bad comparison" either, it's spot on to the point I was getting to. Yes, they did say it had great animation, but that's THEIR opinion. The fact is, the animators don't bother focusing on movement animation as much as the setting and details. Anime isn't supposed to have awesome animations, just as an apple isn't supposed to be blue.

They do make books, it's called Manga. But lets be honest, it's impossible for text and still images to replace real voices and actions, that's why they bother making it into an animation. I never said they disliked animating movement, they just feel it's not as important as the details.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to persuade you or anything, I'd just like more of a debate. If you hate Anime this much you'd think you can put together a better argument :p

Pretty much said why it sucked in that first paragraph so yeah.
Its their opinion? That's like saying black is white than justifying what you said by saying its your opinion.
So they don't really care about the animation yet they call it "anime" makes so much sense don't ya think. Once again horrible comparison. Anime is suppose to be animated. Is it not? Apples are not suppose to be blue.
Not important as the details. Typical excuse. Why can't they give good detail and animation? If they just worried about the "detail" they could of just done a manga right? Not really hard to show the actions thru manga since its like a comic right? The voices aren't really as necessary.

JOCY2211
02-10-2014, 12:53 AM
I don't like anime either hight five I draw realistic not anime it's just not my style 👎

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 12:55 AM
Its their opinion? That's like saying black is white than justifying what you said by saying its your opinion.
So they don't really care about the animation yet they call it "anime" makes so much sense don't ya think. Once again horrible comparison. Anime is suppose to be animated. Is it not? Apples are not suppose to be blue.
Not important as the details. Typical excuse. Why can't they give good detail and animation? If they just worried about the "detail" they could of just done a manga right? Not really hard to show the actions thru manga since its like a comic right? The voices aren't really as necessary.

Wow...eyedea you just hit a new low. Critisizing a whole media even if they worked hard. They spent thousands of dollars for anime and your insulting that? They work hard for the entertainment of other countries and people. It's not all about the animation. It's about the storyline and concept of the story. Your not just looking at the pictures like some kind of 6 year old

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 12:55 AM
You say that animes animation suck? Lol that's ironic cus like 7 million people love anime in the world and say the animation is amazing while lonely you say the animation is terrible and sucks
Also look it up Justin bieber actually did say he hated anime.

Also. I'd like to see you try to draw a full 20 minute episode drawing every frame.

Right I'm lonely. I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like anime. Since theirs only 7 million people in the world and not like over 7 billion.
Okay once again where's the proof he said it? Why say something and not provide proof?
Well I don't draw so what's the point?

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Right I'm lonely. I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like anime. Since theirs only 7 million people in the world and not like over 7 billion.
Okay once again where's the proof he said it? Why say something and not provide proof?

A. Your right your not the only person who dislikes anime
B. I said look it up. I'm on my iPad so I can't upload pictures

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Wow...eyedea you just hit a new low. Critisizing a whole media even if they worked hard. They spent thousands of dollars for anime and your insulting that? They work hard for the entertainment of other countries and people. It's not all about the animation. It's about the storyline and concept of the story. Your not just looking at the pictures like some kind of 6 year old

So its okay for you to critisize Justin beiber but not okay for me to criticize anime? Once again they should of just made them into a "manga" book if its not about (anime)tion.

- - - Updated - - -

A. Your right your not the only person who dislikes anime
B. I said look it up. I'm on my iPad so I can't upload pictures

A link would be fine. I mean you brought up the point why not show proof?

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 01:01 AM

Oh and also. That last bit is like yelling at a hockey player for being bad at hockey when you can't even do any better

- - - Updated - - -

So its okay for you to critisize Justin beiber but not okay for me to criticize anime? Once again they should of just made them into a "manga" book if its not about (anime)tion.

- - - Updated - - -

A link would be fine. I mean you brought up the point why not show proof?

I don't criticize Justin bieber I just dislike his way of saying (I hate anime) and why can't you just look it up? What you to tired or something?

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Oh and also. That last bit is like yelling at a hockey player for being bad at hockey when you can't even do any better

- - - Updated - - -

I don't criticize Justin bieber I just dislike his way of saying (I hate anime) and why can't you just look it up? What you to tired or something?

Well if I actually tried and it was my job to do so and if I were getting oayed I'm pretty sure I would find out how to do it.
I already tried looking it up but found no proof just people accusing him of saying that which is not proof.

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Well if I actually tried and it was my job to do so and if I were getting oayed I'm pretty sure I would find out how to do it.
I already tried looking it up but found no proof just people accusing him of saying that which is not proof.

Omg ugh wait just gimme a sec "goes to bing"

Well if you actually used twitter you would've known. (search on bing then go to the second site")

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Omg ugh wait just gimme a sec "goes to bing"

Well if you actually used twitter you would've known. (search on bing then go to the second site")

Still couldn't find it on bing. Do you not know how copy and paste works?
Wait found a pic but doesn't look real. Only has like 20 wish retweets.

Megazork
02-10-2014, 01:19 AM

jeez all this arguing over nothing

if you dont like it, dont watch it, seriously people have different tastes

IAmABrodie
02-10-2014, 01:22 AM

Not exactly.. All you said is that it "sucked" and is your opinion. Also, I'd like to clarify why it's called "Anime". Back when Anime first got attention in the western civilizations, it was viewed as "Japanese Animations" and people used "Anime" as a term to describe it. Eventually it became popular in the west and the term Anime, that once was an insult per sa, became the widely used term to represent it. It's not called "Anime" because it has great animation, it's called "Anime" as a term to describe "Japanese Animation", to put it simply.

Not really sure what you mean by that lol. You originally said "The animators of it have no skill in animation". Now you're trying to say it's an animation, good or bad to make my comparison seem null. Like I said, Judging an Anime Artist based solely on animation is just like judging an apple for not being blue. When I said "they don't focus on animation" it wasn't an excuse, it's the truth lol.

Hmm, I see your point on giving both animation and details great focus, but allow me to give an example on why that wouldn't be possible. Ya' see, Series have a set budget and time to complete a season/book/whatever-you-want-to-call-them, along with the amount of episodes/issues/whatever. With a higher budget and time, and less episodes (In terms of TV Series), yes they could give it a try, but most don't. Usually, animators have a medium/low budget and time, with medium to low episodes-per-season. In order to begin the season on-air, each episode of that season needs to be completed. So they don't really have a lot of time nor money to do over-the-top great detail, stories, animations, and setting all-in-one, they have to let some go or they won't air on-time and they'll loose money. Sorry if it wasn't explained very well, heh.

Why they animate instead of just making Manga? Again, the money. A TV Series is more likely to make a ton more profit than a Manga Series, so of course they'll still animate it.

Also, the "black is white" example isn't near what I meant. I meant it as they said it was great animation because THEY believe it to be that way. An opinion is far from a fact, please try not to confuse the two. Now, if you said something like "I think black looks like white" yeah that'd be spot on, because THAT'S an opinion.

Er, you seem to be getting a little angry, people tend to start asking a lot of questions when they're mad. Please don't think of me as your enemy, just as the other side, I'm not trying to bash you or anything. Sorry if I'm becoming an annoyance as-well, I just love to debate :p

Brennanber
02-10-2014, 01:34 AM

You seem to be watching it dubbed and it must be an old anime. Look up fight scenes of full metal alchemist. I really dont see how spongebob animation can compare.
Try watching anime by funimation (more budgeted and modern)

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 01:35 AM
Not exactly.. All you said is that it "sucked" and is your opinion. Also, I'd like to clarify why it's called "Anime". Back when Anime first got attention in the western civilizations, it was viewed as "Japanese Animations" and people used "Anime" as a term to describe it. Eventually it became popular in the west and the term Anime, that once was an insult per sa, became the widely used term to represent it. It's not called "Anime" because it has great animation, it's called "Anime" as a term to describe "Japanese Animation", to put it simply.

Not really sure what you mean by that lol. You originally said "The animators of it have no skill in animation". Now you're trying to say it's an animation, good or bad to make my comparison seem null. Like I said, Judging an Anime Artist based solely on animation is just like judging an apple for not being blue. When I said "they don't focus on animation" it wasn't an excuse, it's the truth lol.

Hmm, I see your point on giving both animation and details great focus, but allow me to give an example on why that wouldn't be possible. Ya' see, Series have a set budget and time to complete a season/book/whatever-you-want-to-call-them, along with the amount of episodes/issues/whatever. With a higher budget and time, and less episodes (In terms of TV Series), yes they could give it a try, but most don't. Usually, animators have a medium/low budget and time, with medium to low episodes-per-season. In order to begin the season on-air, each episode of that season needs to be completed. So they don't really have a lot of time nor money to do over-the-top great detail, stories, animations, and setting all-in-one, they have to let some go or they won't air on-time and they'll loose money. Sorry if it wasn't explained very well, heh.

Why they animate instead of just making Manga? Again, the money. A TV Series is more likely to make a ton more profit than a Manga Series, so of course they'll still animate it.

Also, the "black is white" example isn't near what I meant. I meant it as they said it was great animation because THEY believe it to be that way. An opinion is far from a fact, please try not to confuse the two. Now, if you said something like "I think black looks like white" yeah that'd be spot on, because THAT'S an opinion.

Er, you seem to be getting a little angry, people tend to start asking a lot of questions when they're mad. Please don't think of me as your enemy, just as the other side, I'm not trying to bash you or anything. Sorry if I'm becoming an annoyance as-well, I just love to debate :p

Well I pretty much said why I didn't like it after I said it sucks and its my opinion.
I have no idea what point you didn't understand so I can't say anything about that.
Okay? I don't know if you can read or not but like the debate when you got here was basically me talking bad about their animation, you're basically agreeing that their animation is horrible. So I have no idea what you're trying to debate? Since I don't recall talking bad about their art style/story. I said I didn't like it but I never talked bad about it. I just remember talking bad about it's animation.
Well their animation is bad compared to american animation, pretty much a fact. As you said they don't "try" because its a waste of their time.
I never get angry over a debate, you're just assuming stuff because maybe that's how you feel?

BTW I'm on my android phone and using the forums on a phone is a bit hard so yeah sorry about that. Kinda hard to reply to you since you write so much and I can't remember everything you say.

darksnake99
02-10-2014, 01:43 AM
i didnt get it
It's to entertain, like most TV shows. *facepalm*

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 01:47 AM
You seem to be watching it dubbed and it must be an old anime. Look up fight scenes of full metal alchemist. I really dont see how spongebob animation can compare.
Try watching anime by funimation (more budgeted and modern)
If I were on a computer I would link a YouTube video here and show every time the creator of the anime got lazy and just used a still picture.

- - - Updated - - -

jeez all this arguing over nothing

if you dont like it, dont watch it, seriously people have different tastes

I don't. I'm not saying no one should watch anime so I don't see your point. I just said it has crappy animation which it does. If you watch anime you should be aware that the animation isn't good.

Triforce
02-10-2014, 01:50 AM
I seriously dislike anime. I think it's stupid.

Brennanber
02-10-2014, 01:53 AM
If I were on a computer I would link a YouTube video here and show every time the creator of the anime got lazy and just used a still picture.

Ok but this only applies to few anime. You are putting your opinion on all anime for something you hate about some of them

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 01:54 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I don't. I'm not saying no one should watch anime so I don't see your point. I just said it has crappy animation which it does. If you watch anime you should be aware that the animation isn't good.

If the animation sucked for well anime that explain to me how there making millions of dollars

darksnake99
02-10-2014, 01:55 AM
I agree, but some other people like it, so I wouldn't go hating on it.

Brennanber
02-10-2014, 01:58 AM
If the animation sucked for well anime that explain to me how there making millions of dollars

*some are making millions of dollars

Funimation, yes. But other studios, not all the time...

GBAGamer
I agree, but some other people like it, so I wouldn't go hating on it.

Lol if you hate anime that means you hate all types of animation on tv mind saying Japanese anime cus I don't get you hating ALL types of animation

IAmABrodie
Well I pretty much said why I didn't like it after I said it sucks and its my opinion.
I have no idea what point you didn't understand so I can't say anything about that.
Okay? I don't know if you can read or not but like the debate when you got here was basically me talking bad about their animation, you're basically agreeing that their animation is horrible. So I have no idea what you're trying to debate? Since I don't recall talking bad about their art style/story. I said I didn't like it but I never talked bad about it. I just remember talking bad about it's animation.
Well their animation is bad compared to american animation, pretty much a fact. As you said they don't "try" because its a waste of their time.
I never get angry over a debate, you're just assuming stuff because maybe that's how you feel?

Looking over that reply again, I guess I do see you mention why, so I apologize for calling it out.

Please leave bashing out of the question, referring to the remark of "not knowing if I can read", because I obviously can if I'm able to keep up a debate through text. Yes, in a way I do agree that there animation is horrible, but I'm not agreeing that it's fair to judge something based on it's weakness alone. Everything has a trait in which they lack, but they also hold potentially many traits superior to others of the same nature... Anime definitely has better shading than any American animations I know, but that doesn't mean I dislike American animations. Not to mention their voice actors put way more emotion into their job for even just the Dubbed versions than most other styles of animations. When you take into consideration what one does right enough, you tend to forget and ignore what they do wrong. Same goes Vice-Versa, when you take into consideration what one does wrong enough, you tend to forget and ignore what they do right.

You also have talked "bad" about their art style and stories, in the same sentence in fact, though you did word it in the nicest way possible "Not really into the stories and the same art style among all anime. All seems the same to me." All-in-all, it's still a negative comment no matter what way you put it. You do admit talking bad about the animation, which the animation is what I was referring to. I apologize again for any bits of confusion I caused.

Referring to the very last sentence, why I feel like you're getting a bit fussed up over this is because of those little bits of insults you throw in here-and-there. And as I've said before, when people feel threatened and enraged, they feel to ask a lot of questions such as "Okay?", "So what?", and "Right?", they also feel the need to be right, thus turning opinions into facts. All of which are examples in the post I replied to.

darksnake99
02-10-2014, 02:00 AM
Lol if you hate anime that means you hate all types of animation on tv mind saying Japanese anime cus I don't get you hating ALL types of animation
Maybe I do hate all types of animation.

Brennanber
02-10-2014, 02:01 AM
I wish i could post a link on a really nicely animated fight scene but its much too pg-13 to put on the forums

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 02:01 AM
*some are making millions of dollars

Funimation, yes. But other studios, not all the time...

I don't get people who hate anime with all there guts. Hey there's a new Jump stars va coming out in 2014 march!

People that dislike anime:Ugh anime is stupid this games gonna suck
People who like anime: OMG OMG SO MUCH HYPE THIS IS AMAZAAH

Next thing you know that games gunna make millions
.-.

Eyedea
02-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Looking over that reply again, I guess I do see you mention why, so I apologize for calling it out.

Please leave bashing out of the question, referring to the remark of "not knowing if I can read", because I obviously can if I'm able to keep up a debate through text. Yes, in a way I do agree that there animation is horrible, but I'm not agreeing that it's fair to judge something based on it's weakness alone. Everything has a trait in which they lack, but they also hold potentially many traits superior to others of the same nature... Anime definitely has better shading than any American animations I know, but that doesn't mean I dislike American animations. Not to mention their voice actors put way more emotion into their job for even just the Dubbed versions than most other styles of animations. When you take into consideration what one does right enough, you tend to forget and ignore what they do wrong. Same goes Vice-Versa, when you take into consideration what one does wrong enough, you tend to forget and ignore what they do right.

You also have talked "bad" about their art style and stories, in the same sentence in fact, though you did word it in the nicest way possible "Not really into the stories and the same art style among all anime. All seems the same to me." All-in-all, it's still a negative comment no matter what way you put it. You do admit talking bad about the animation, which the animation is what I was referring to. I apologize again for any bits of confusion I caused.

Referring to the very last sentence, why I feel like you're getting a bit fussed up over this is because of those little bits of insults you throw in here-and-there. And as I've said before, when people feel threatened and enraged, they feel to ask a lot of questions such as "Okay?", "So what?", and "Right?", they also feel the need to be right, thus turning opinions into facts. All of which are examples in the post I replied to.

Once again the animation isn't the only think I dislike about anime. Its not even worth debating about american and Japanese animation on which has a better story because cartoons focus on humor not on drama so yeah their obviously has to be more emotion in anime does there not?
So saying I don't like something is considered to be bad? I never talked bad about their artwork or stories I just said I didn't like them. I could of talked bad about it but I know there not really bad just not my style.
Well I'm not mad. That's just the way I talk :P

- - - Updated - - -

I wish i could post a link on a really nicely animated fight scene but its much too pg-13 to put on the forums

The fight scenes are the like only part they put effort in.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok but this only applies to few anime. You are putting your opinion on all anime for something you hate about some of them

It actually applies to all anime. Tell me any type and I'll show you the parts they get lazy in.

- - - Updated - - -

It does suck. Just because they make tons of money doesn't mean that the animation is great.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes no sense at all. Now I really think you have no idea what animation is.

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 02:36 AM
Once again the animation isn't the only think I dislike about anime. Its not even worth debating about american and Japanese animation on which has a better story because cartoons focus on humor not on drama so yeah their obviously has to be more emotion in anime does there not?
So saying I don't like something is considered to be bad? I never talked bad about their artwork or stories I just said I didn't like them. I could of talked bad about it but I know there not really bad just not my style.
Well I'm not mad. That's just the way I talk :P

- - - Updated - - -

The fight scenes are the like only part they put effort in.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually applies to all anime. Tell me any type and I'll show you the parts they get lazy in.

- - - Updated - - -

It does suck. Just because they make tons of money doesn't mean that the animation is great.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes no sense at all. Now I really think you have no idea what animation is.

A. I do know what animation is 2D drawing and 3d animation I'm not an idiot
B. If you judge an anime by its animation that probably means you only look at the pictures of a book
C. I don't think anybody gives 2 :poop: about you hating anime the only reason why I replied to you was because I was curious about how much you hated anime

lukj2001
02-10-2014, 02:43 AM

Edit:
To answer the main topic of the thread, the point of Anime is just that of any other form of entertainment, to enjoy ourselves. If you mean the form of style, as I've already explained, it's point is to give more attention to the details of the setting and the story, and even more detail to the characters themselves (Explains how they were able to capture the human eye so perfectly, for the most part).

Especially Chibi>.<

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 02:44 AM
Especially Chibi>.<

Chibi Levi so KAWAII

(lol I'm not gay)

lukj2001
02-10-2014, 02:46 AM
Maybe I do hate all types of animation.

Don't watch cartoons at all, then.

I personally like the cartoon series for transformers:p

minha1234
02-10-2014, 05:34 AM

"wats da point of u?"

The point of anime is to serve as entertainment, like many of the other things in life. I personally can't see how anyone could not get that, but..

About whether the animations of anime are good or not—there are times that it seems mediocrely done, but I wouldn't say that everything is bad. And, as stated before, the fact that the animation isn't given too much attention may be a cause of that, as the story is obviously considered more important.

I prefer the manga version of, well, the manga/anime in question, as it takes less time to read than to watch it.

Tsuna/Naruto/Natsu/Luffy/Ichigo/Edward ftw though..

TheHamsterOfHamsters
02-10-2014, 09:54 AM

Shun the non-believer~ SHUN... :crazy:

Boomer
02-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Then 978 and I are bros, because anime is creepy and I don't like any of it.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/082/a/5/creepypasta_wallpaper_by_suchanartist13-d5z0pj4.png

Bad dream bad dream bad dream bad dream

XemmaX
02-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Animes are Mangas, which got movies!
It's an old japanese creation...
I love it <3

The 978
02-10-2014, 05:50 PM
i dont like it because its a bit strange for me lol

also i am special i am an angel

Berenice
02-10-2014, 10:22 PM
A. Are you trying to get banned?
B. Anime is awesome. Stop flooding my ears with your opinions about anime .___.

A. Banned for expressing an opinion :o
B. Lol if you don't wanna hear this then leave .___.

The 978
02-13-2014, 06:50 PM
with saying "so anime is gay work", i sometimes see very pervert animes it makes me throw up ._.

Alythiciale
02-13-2014, 07:50 PM
*Polishes /a/ debating trophy*

To spark a war on this thread or not... Hmm~

Dodo Wizard
02-13-2014, 10:51 PM
i didnt get it

The point? Idk, the girls are kinda cute though..
lol

- - - Updated - - -

with saying "so anime is gay work", i sometimes see very pervert animes it makes me throw up ._.

It's not gay..do you even know what gay means?