PDA

View Full Version : Define Noob?

RedwoodGirl
02-10-2014, 02:39 PM
I haver heard people say Noob before, but I dont know what it really means... Can someone define it for me?

Player3D3
02-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I haver heard people say Noob before, but I dont know what it really means... Can someone define it for me?

From my gaming experience, it is defined as either a very annoying and child like individual or a new user to the game.

Boomer
02-10-2014, 05:18 PM
1. An annoying person who is new to the game, and thinks he knows all when he doesn't.
2. A stupid person in general.

Berenice
02-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Anybody that is broke and has better offers than you

GBAGamer
02-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Ple call everybody else noobs even if they been playing longer then dem lel

HunterHell
02-11-2014, 01:38 PM
I remember Zfert once making a post about the difference of a "Newbie" and a "Noob", with a link to the page with definitions.

According to that page...

Basically, a "Newbie" is a person that is new to some game, and that person starts taking the game somewhat seriously, embraces the ways, "rituals" etc.
Mostly there are no people that can get everything in the game the moment they start, but those who try to get what the game is about, is a "Newbie" (if he's new to the game).
In Growtopia, that would probably be those people who learn some stuff around, learn to farm and probably start their Growtopian "career" without scamming and swearing.

A "Noob" would be a person that doesn't always have to be new to the game, but mostly is. The "Noob" is annoying, doesn't want to try to play the game reasonably and like the other normal players. In Growtopia, that would be all the punchers, dropgame hosts (not all the scammers, smart scammers know how to play, but dropgame hosts... are stupid)... rule breakers in general.
A word "Noob" is often used in Growtopia as an insult for some reason, even though I don't see why would you get offended by some pixels, with probably another "Noob" behind the screen.

I though "Newbie" and "Noob" were the same. Mostly because of how they sound.
"Newbie", for short, would be a "Newb", I guess.
And "Newb" sounds like "Noob".

I know that once I heard Sheldon Cooper, a character from a show "Big Band Theory", in that show, say "Newb" or "Noob".
He used it as in a "She (it was pointed to Penny, a character from a show) doesn't know how to play, how stupid she is" way.
My tv channel (I'm not English, so we have translations on tv. Not that I need any.. hehe) put "Newb" in translation (not a translation, but how would you translate that into another language?)

Boomer
02-11-2014, 01:43 PM
I know that once I heard Sheldon Cooper, a character from a show "Big Band Theory", in that show, say "Newb" or "Noob".

Big Bang Theory. I love that show. Its so geeky and quark-y.

HunterHell
02-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Big Bang Theory. I love that show. Its so geeky and quark-y.

Whoopsy, my bad... Fail..
Just a typo.

Although "Big Band Theory" doesn't sound so bad either... hehe.

l0l
02-11-2014, 02:23 PM
According to most of the growtopians...

Noob he no give me angels and diper and hbow and 200 wl he noob

He have bad offer my dirt seeed he noob

According to most of the civilized people...

As HunterHell or Zfert said, either a stupid, un kind person, or an insult used on newbies (sometimes even if they try to learn something, some "pro" players will say NOOOOOB)

Dodo Wizard
02-12-2014, 03:01 PM
The 798. Lolz.

The 978
02-12-2014, 03:06 PM
The 798. Lolz.

ahh thanks noob

Dodo Wizard
02-12-2014, 03:11 PM
ahh thanks noob

LOL I knew you'd post here lol. I did that to prove my theory.

JackFrostz
02-12-2014, 03:30 PM
From my gaming experience, it is defined as either a very annoying and child like individual or a new user to the game.
Exactly but the people who call them noob are just real jerks who has no respect of the community.It will also affect peoples feelings when they get called or just make them mad.I don't like saying the word "Noob",but it means what Player3D3,said.

WindyLink560
02-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Think about it. NEWbie. PROBABLY means that they are new to something. If someone offers you 56 dirt seeds for Crimson Eagle Wings, you call them a newbie, because they are new and don't know what they are worth. THERE