PDA

View Full Version : Sol's Conversation Starter: vacation Getaway!

Solorien
02-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Rules:
1) Stay on topic
2) Be 100% civil
3) It's ok to disagree, but do it respectfully
4) Ask questions or share thoughts about other answers

Today's Topic:

If you could go anywhere, where would it be? Describe your favorite vacation spot. Where is it? What do you like about it? Have you been there before? What would you do there?

Megazork
02-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Rules:
1) Stay on topic
2) Be 100% civil

Today's Topic:

If you could go anywhere, where would it be? Describe your favorite vacation spot. Where is it? What do you like about it? Have you been there before? What would you do there?

Yay another topic, i love these threads :o. Um i would like to go to Canada? Idk i always liked Canada. First time i went there, i was literally like "yay" everywhere. A lot of my friends are at Canada and they play Growtopia, so i thought i would visit them.

InYourFACE
02-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Not really vacation, but I really plan to go to canada/USA for a year in a student exchange program. I am german, it would be a great adventure!

MySuperCookie
02-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Rules:
1) Stay on topic
2) Be 100% civil

Today's Topic:

Hmm ... I would like to go to Hawaii ... or Balearic Islands. ^^

Hawaii is in Honolulu, USA. Balearic Island is situated in the Mediterranean Sea, next to France.

I like becuz their climates are fresh and hot. I always loved the beach!

I haven't been there, though ... I wanna be there. NOW.

I'll like to the beach. Everytime. Now. Tomorrow. Yesterday. ALL THE DAY!

Cyaaa c: http://www.smileygenerator.us/smileytags/links/smiley_tag.0393459001392824143.gif

Boomer
02-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Not really vacation, but I really plan to go to canada/USA for a year in a student exchange program. I am german, it would be a great adventure!

Don't worry, you're not missing much here. Just a lot of jerk BMW drivers who are too much in a hurry and don't care if they run you off the road.

My dream spot? Hmmm, probably would be Daytona Beach this weekend. Why? DA DAYTONA 500!!!!

http://markjrebilas.com/blog3/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ea02x_8230-2.jpg

InYourFACE
02-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Don't worry, you're not missing much here. Just a lot of jerk BMW drivers who are too much in a hurry and don't care if they run you off the road.

My dream spot? Hmmm, probably would be Daytona Beach this weekend. Why? DA DAYTONA 500!!!!

http://markjrebilas.com/blog3/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ea02x_8230-2.jpg

California buddy, land of dreams. I miss so much sun, I could post a pic of the rainy germany ._.

Solorien
02-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Yay another topic, i love these threads :o. Um i would like to go to Canada? Idk i always liked Canada. First time i went there, i was literally like "yay" everywhere. A lot of my friends are at Canada and they play Growtopia, so i thought i would visit them.

What did you do in Canada? I've been there, but only to stay in a very remote cabin (no electricity, no running water, only an outhouse for a bathroom!) on a lake. We did lots of fishing and hiking and I found a big rock by the lake to lay on while I read a book. Loved it!

MySuperCookie
02-19-2014, 03:45 PM
California buddy, land of dreams. I miss so much sun, I could post a pic of the rainy germany ._.

I could post a Sunny Day in Spain (TODAY!) and a Rainy Day (Tomorrow ._.):nope:

Solorien
02-19-2014, 03:46 PM

I have a German "brother" from Bremen! He became my "brother" when he lived with my father and step-mother for a year in Wisconsin. We still stay in touch. I hope you have a great time on your exchange!

Megazork
02-19-2014, 03:46 PM
What did you do in Canada? I've been there, but only to stay in a very remote cabin (no electricity, no running water, only an outhouse for a bathroom!) on a lake. We did lots of fishing and hiking and I found a big rock by the lake to lay on while I read a book. Loved it!

Yeah my friends and i went fishing dozens of times. Most of the times after fishing we would get something to eat, then play Growtopia

Solorien
02-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Hmm ... I would like to go to Hawaii ... or Balearic Islands. ^^

I'll like to the beach. Everytime. Now. Tomorrow. Yesterday. ALL THE DAY!

YES! I agree! I would live 3 steps from the ocean if I could! I've never heard of the Balearics but now they are on my list!

Boomer
02-19-2014, 03:49 PM

Hmmm, I DO want to go to California. I'm tired of all this snow here in MD...its so hard and compacted I can walk on top of it, and I weigh close to 130.

Solorien
02-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Daytona Beach this weekend. Why? DA DAYTONA 500!!

I have a friend who LOVES Nascar! Who's your driver?

InYourFACE
02-19-2014, 03:52 PM
YES! I agree! I would live 3 steps from the ocean if I could! I've never heard of the Balearics but now they are on my list!

Look out for mallorca on google, you wont see just positive postings. so much ocean pollution there, I was truly shocked as I've watched a documentation about that. I can suggest the La Manga, its on the spanish Costa Calida, the "Hot Coast". Amazing beach and sea with more salt in it than usual, it's healthy for the skin!

Boomer
02-19-2014, 03:55 PM
I have a friend who LOVES Nascar! Who's your driver?

Dale Jr.'s my guy. He's been doing much better the last 2 years, and I'm expecting a win or 2 this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Look out for mallorca on google, you wont see just positive postings. so much ocean pollution there, I was truly shocked as I've watched a documentation about that. I can suggest the La Manga, its on the spanish Costa Calida, the "Hot Coast". Amazing beach and sea with more salt in it than usual, it's healthy for the skin!

For some reason, you made me think of Aruba. I remember seeing ads for the island describing it as "Majestic," "Beautiful" and other great names.

That was about 3 days after the woman got kidnapped there ._.

Fantom1891
02-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Vacations.... where do I start? I do have some dream spots, but there have been a lot of places I've been to, so I'm just going to pick one out of the bunch. Out of all the places I've been, I guess I would have to say Kigali, Rwanda, Africa. I go there to visit my dad, stepmother, stepsister and half-sister. My dad and stepmother worked at a U.N facility, and they lived right next to it also, talk about convenience. Before I dwell too much into it, I'm going to talk about why I enjoyed it there. First of all, it was simple. Not much electronics, the roads and sidewalks were EXTREMELY clean(you can even look it up), and I enjoyed becoming more active and getting out in the sun more. Places I've been there included some restaurants, hotels, some mountains, and one time a safari, although I forgot exactly where it was. It's just so cool to step out of what I'm used to and to take a look into what seems like another world. From the crowded streets of NYC to the clean, bumpy, mountainous streets of Kigali. Just a huge break from what I'm accustom to, although admittedly I'm becoming used to that place too. Some people may not think of Africa as your great getaway, but trust me, it sure is one.

Solorien
02-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Vacations.... where do I start? I do have some dream spots, but there have been a lot of places I've been to, so I'm just going to pick one out of the bunch. Out of all the places I've been, I guess I would have to say Kigali, Rwanda, Africa. I go there to visit my dad, stepmother, stepsister and half-sister. My dad and stepmother worked at a U.N facility, and they lived right next to it also, talk about convenience. Before I dwell too much into it, I'm going to talk about why I enjoyed it there. First of all, it was simple. Not much electronics, the roads and sidewalks were EXTREMELY clean(you can even look it up), and I enjoyed becoming more active and getting out in the sun more. Places I've been there included some restaurants, hotels, some mountains, and one time a safari, although I forgot exactly where it was. It's just so cool to step out of what I'm used to and to take a look into what seems like another world. From the crowded streets of NYC to the clean, bumpy, mountainous streets of Kigali. Just a huge break from what I'm accustom to, although admittedly I'm becoming used to that place too. Some people may not think of Africa as your great getaway, but trust me, it sure is one.

Wow. You've convinced me! I'm adding it to my list of places I'd like to see someday! :)

Timewarper
02-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Las Vegas, Nevada for sure!

Its my favorite because, well, it's like Christmas everyday! I've only went one time, because I have an extreme fear of heights, so hotels are a no for me.

Also Ohio, kinda

I used to like Ohio, but one of my family members passed away there, so I stopped thinking about that place.

Big bear mountain (second favorite)

Where do I start? It's just a lovely little community up in the mountains, the winter is cold, but very fun to ice skate! The summers though, they are lovely...big bear lake is just gorgeous up there!

To lazy to write a lot!
You should, check out big bear though if you haven't already :)

optimuswhat
02-19-2014, 11:04 PM
India!
I got to check our all the things there, y'now.

darksnake99
02-19-2014, 11:06 PM
I really love going down to the Florida Keys in the summer, and we usually do that because we live in Florida, so its only a few hours drive away. I'm pretty sad that we won't be going there anymore, because my family is moving up north. Anyway, the Keys have wonderful fishing, beaches, and pretty much any watersport you can imagine. Also, it's nice going down to Key West. Down there you can check out all the little shops or stop at one of the locally run restaurants.

truth
02-20-2014, 01:02 AM
I usually head to somewhere in the Mediterranean, probably because it's just a short plane hop away from the UK, whether it be the Balearics or Island hopping in the Greek Islands.
But my favourite place is The beautiful Island of Cyprus in the eastern part of the med.
The young guns usually head to a town called Larnica, famed for its vibrant nightlife, The nightclubs don't really get going till about 1am then go right through till the morning, there's something surreal about coming out of club into the blazing morning sun, but of course I wouldn't know anything about that! :whistling:
To the west of the island there's an ancient town called Paphos, it's seeped in ancient history with its narrow winding streets, Tombs of kings/Gods ( you can't get banned here because there are no growtopian Gods), the beaches are stunning with some amazing open air seafood restaurants with their old wooden rickety tables and chairs with plastic table cloths that add to the charm and atmosphere of the area, the restaurant owners get there produce right off the fishing boats, 'you can't get fresher than that'
I'm always overwhelmed at the welcome and friendliness of the locals who seem to live life at a snails pace, very relaxing, very laid back,
I could go on and on about Cyprus, it ticks all the right boxes, relaxing ,exciting, interesting ,family friendly, It's defiantly one for the bucket list!
Regards :hat:

Boomer
02-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Ugh......I am SO jealous of all you people...you guys get to go to the tropics and the closest I've ever been to the tropic beaches is Ocean City..................:cry::cry::cry:

Its Daniel
02-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Puerto Galera Philippines

What I like here: Beach
Have you been there: Yes
What would I do here: Swim, Growtopia, Eat.

Legoaddict
02-21-2014, 12:00 PM

Mexico. Soo relaxing. I've been there twice. And just love hanging around at the hotel xD. Jeez I really need a vacation...

Luminesce
02-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Bora Bora for sure! :)

It is one of the most spectacular places I have seen in my life!

The accomodation, great. There are actually these wood-like houses on stilts in the shallow lagoon their. With glass at the bottom, allowing you to see colourful fish right beneath you!

As well as scuba diving, daily activities, and parties at nightime. Amazing! :)

Ps, there was a movie made about this as well, i cant remember the name though. As well to note, Bora Bora has had it's name changed.

MeeMo11
02-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Orlando Florida I've been there once I would love to go again. I like spending time at the beach and by the ocean.

Solorien
02-22-2014, 02:11 AM
Mexico. Soo relaxing. I've been there twice. And just love hanging around at the hotel xD. Jeez I really need a vacation...

I loved Mexico, too. Very relaxing! My favorite thing is to find little authentic restaurants tucked away in remote corners (No Senor Frogs for me!) and get REAL Mexican food!! YUM.

- - - Updated - - -

Bora Bora for sure! :) There are actually these wood-like houses on stilts in the shallow lagoon their. With glass at the bottom, allowing you to see colourful fish right beneath you!

I WANT TO GO TO THERE!

Jeremy012
02-22-2014, 11:49 AM
I'd like to go to Disney land at the US, i alredy went to Hong kong disney land and trust me... NEVER EVER EVER spend your time in one ride... Because it consumes to much time to wait in line

Also i always wanted to go to sweden, i heard they had circuses? I've never been to a circus before :crazy:

GummiBear64
02-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Rules:
1) Stay on topic
2) Be 100% civil

Today's Topic:

Hmm...

Korea: I have always wanted to go there for some unknown reason...just an urge...I have never left Australia so it would be a change AND would be far away from Australia.

New Zealand: This would probably be my first ever trip over seas as it is close to Australia and my friend is from there, from what he has told me, it is a pretty decent place.

Canada: I just love their god darn accent, 'nuff said.

This year: I'll be going on school camp this year to the center of Australia. I just can not wait. My sister went there 2 years ago and she had a blast.