PDA

View Full Version : DaisyPark welcome.swf inconsistencies

redink1
03-20-2003, 04:18 AM
Well, after reading about DaisyPark's problems in InsanityBoy's journal thingy-ma-bob, I decided to check it out.

There are a few bytes in DaisyPark's welcome.swf that are different from the standard welcome.swf... like in the range 59322-59325 (that's e7baH-e7bdH in hex), those 4 bytes are different than the one that I grabbed from DX (I don't have a clean install of FQ at the moment).

There are a few other spots where a few bytes are 'off' too.

So maybe that is the cause of the problems?

jjohn
03-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Quote[/b] ]There are a few bytes in DaisyPark's welcome.swf that are different from the standard welcome.swf... like in the range 59322-59325 (that's e7baH-e7bdH in hex), those 4 bytes are different than the one that I grabbed from DX (I don't have a clean install of FQ at the moment).

There are a few other spots where a few bytes are 'off' too.

Oddly, I suspected that the full flash client wasn't getting transmitted. Again, I'm running the stock FQ. The only changes I've made have been done through the server and game settings. It seems to me that these "magic" bytes are getting twiddled upstream of the server. Is it my linksys router? Perhaps, but I've put this machine in the "DMZ," which
opens up all the ports to the internet. Is my service provide, Verizon mucking with the traffic? I don't know.

But, thanks for the info redink1. I can grab the flash client from DX and put that in place of my current one. I should mention that I've now had 6 or so versions of FQ and it appears that with every release, there's some folks that experience this crash. It is very irratating.

I think a good test is if I go to a different server, download welcome.swf from daisypark and else where, then compare those.

jjohn
04-02-2003, 06:55 PM
I diff'ed octal dumps of welcome.swf from daisy, DX and Malkavian and it appears there a few bytes are different from DX (although daisy and Malkavian appear to be serving the same file). I may host this machine on a different machine on a different network. It's difficult for me to understand what's breaking, but it seems that all of the welcome.swf isn't getting served properly. Booooo!