PDA

View Full Version : Sol's Convo Starter: Lifelong Learners!

Solorien
02-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Rules:
1) Stay on topic
2) Be 100% civil
3) It's ok to disagree, but do it respectfully
4) Ask questions or share thoughts about other answers

Today's Topic:

If you could take an intensive 6 week class and become proficient at one new skill, what would that skill be? Be descriptive...what things would you need to practice in learning this new skill? How would this new skill help you or change your life?

GBAGamer
02-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Rules:
1) Stay on topic
2) Be 100% civil
3) It's ok to disagree, but do it respectfully
4) Ask questions or share thoughts about other answers

Today's Topic:

If you could take an intensive 6 week class and become proficient at one new skill, what would that skill be? Be descriptive...what things would you need to practice in learning this new skill? How would this new skill help you or change your life?

I waan be lik superman an bi in teh justice league. It wil Chang Mai life cus I can kik but

Boomer
02-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Hmmmm...I've been looking at engineering lately(I like building things, especially things that go fast). Lots of tools are needed, and, scrap metal. Plus it makes lots of money.

Solorien
02-21-2014, 06:08 PM
I waan be lik superman an bi in teh justice league. It wil Chang Mai life cus I can kik but

So what skill will you focus on to be more like Superman? Strength training? Speed? Remember this is about something you want to put 6 weeks of effort into! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmm...I've been looking at engineering lately(I like building things, especially things that go fast). Lots of tools are needed, and, scrap metal. Plus it makes lots of money.

Engineering always seems so interesting and fun. But it seems stressful though, too, because if you make a mistake building a bridge or a train or something, lives could be at stake!

Boomer
02-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Engineering always seems so interesting and fun. But it seems stressful though, too, because if you make a mistake building a bridge or a train or something, lives could be at stake!

True. I'll just stick with lawn mowers then xD

Solorien
02-21-2014, 07:01 PM
True. I'll just stick with lawn mowers then xD

No, no!! Risk taking is good! Taking on responsibility is GOOD! I'm just always hoping that the guys and gals who built the bridges I drive over or the tall building I stand in were paying attention in class and doing their homework. :sweatdrop:

Inner
02-21-2014, 07:19 PM
I'd go to Culinary School and do Cooking...

All that food will make my mouth water. :cool:

It will help me cause now then I can cook GOOD food for myself..

Me and food = :hug:

Luminesce
02-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Fitness training!

There are few things out there I love more, than spending time in the gym, working out nutrition, and inspiring others to live a healthy lifestyle!

How about you Solorien? :) You haven't told us yet, have you :O? If you'd like, of course.

Jeremy012
02-22-2014, 01:46 AM
I wanna take on my moms career

An Chemical engineer

I also want to be an artist like my dad (but his job is to make huge logo's for companys)

Kaotic
02-22-2014, 01:51 AM
I would probably pratice in the stock market.. I would probably need to learn when things drop and when things rise. If I were able to learn the stock market, it would drasticly make an improvement in my life.

Solorien
02-22-2014, 02:08 AM
I'd go to Culinary School and do Cooking...

All that food will make my mouth water. :cool:

It will help me cause now then I can cook GOOD food for myself..

Me and food = :hug:

Good idea! Tasty AND important! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Fitness training!

There are few things out there I love more, than spending time in the gym, working out nutrition, and inspiring others to live a healthy lifestyle!

Another useful skill. I'm impressed by people who live the fitness trainer lifestyle... I can't motivate myself to work out or eat really healthy for more than 3 days in a row! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna take on my moms career

An Chemical engineer

I also want to be an artist like my dad (but his job is to make huge logo's for companys)

That's handy... they could give you pro tips! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I would probably pratice in the stock market.. I would probably need to learn when things drop and when things rise. If I were able to learn the stock market, it would drasticly make an improvement in my life.

Talk about risky! :) That's a high-pressure kind of skill. But I bet it's exciting!

- - - Updated - - -

The reason this question came to my mind is that I just signed up for a 6 week class to learn how to shoot a bow. I've always been interested in archery, and now I'm going to try to learn it! :) This skill will come in handy during the Zombie Apocalypse! :ninja:

LittleSirP
02-22-2014, 03:07 AM
I'd probably get into Law school if I'm old enough.
My parents don't want because both of them are doctors.
So does my grandparents. They said Lawyers are liars...:nope:
The skill I might learn is to... Cleverly save people out of sticky situations.
Serve 'em justice! (I wanna be a defence attorney... So, I might need to lie... A lot.)
-Little

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 03:12 AM
I waan bi a Scintist. I waan mak Cookies grow on tress!!

LittleSirP
02-22-2014, 03:13 AM
reason this question came to my mind is that I just signed up for a 6 week class to learn how to shoot a bow. I've always been interested in archery, and now I'm going to try to learn it! :) This skill will come in handy during the Zombie Apocalypse! :ninja:

I wanted to get into archery for a long time now, my parents won't approve.
How's it going so far, Solo? I mean... Growtopian Mom.
-Little

Jeremy012
02-22-2014, 04:52 AM
The reason this question came to my mind is that I just signed up for a 6 week class to learn how to shoot a bow. I've always been interested in archery, and now I'm going to try to learn it! :) This skill will come in handy during the Zombie Apocalypse! :ninja:

Wait wait wait... What? Zo..zombie apocalypse?...

GummiBear64
02-22-2014, 01:19 PM

I watch enough Walking Dead to know how to survive in a zombie apocalypse, kk?

I'd actually like to be a police officer xD

Police Officer: So if there ever is a Zombie Apocalypse, I'd be able to find survivors, find an 'empty' prison and survive. #WalkingDeadReference

l0l
02-22-2014, 02:15 PM

Ha ) Well if yo u decide to play Rust, that skill may come in handy xD

Anyway, I would take some c++ classes, my dream is to have an indie game company :3

Jeremy012
02-22-2014, 02:41 PM
I watch enough Walking Dead to know how to survive in a zombie apocalypse, kk?

I'd actually like to be a police officer xD

Police Officer: So if there ever is a Zombie Appocolypse, I'd be able to find survivors, find an 'empty' prison and survive. #WalkingDeadReference

Kk, ill find you when a Zombie Apocalypse happens :)